Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, maybe Ford deteriorating leads to Bernard's head being fragmented to poo poo in the 2 week later timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Oh, we haven't talked about it yet but Hale suffocating Bernard with code was super hosed up. :stonk:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Oh, we haven't talked about it yet but Hale suffocating Bernard with code was super hosed up. :stonk:

Yeah, that was supremely hosed up. I'm surprised it took this long for virtual torture to be a thing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Buane posted:

How many episodes has it been since a character, any character, did something smart?

This last episode Stubbs was like "let's call for help and get the gently caress out of here"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

This last episode Stubbs was like "let's call for help and get the gently caress out of here"

He realized he's the Worf of this series.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

These were an odd choice.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What’s the new gun everyone is using. Did the P90 sponsorship only cover the first half of episodes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
What if Hale and all the others are hosts and it's a repetitive narrative and both stories are separated by many years just like season 1?? The only real people are the horrible security guards (guests in a park) playing "kill the deadly robots".

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

drunken officeparty posted:

What’s the new gun everyone is using. Did the P90 sponsorship only cover the first half of episodes.

QAs use p90s, Delos' death squads use real caliber guns / auto shotguns and are much more effective with them.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
What’s the pistol with the weird trigger guard? It looks like a glock and a Nintendo Zapper had a baby that watched a lot of BSG.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

Big Mean Jerk posted:

What’s the pistol with the weird trigger guard? It looks like a glock and a Nintendo Zapper had a baby that watched a lot of BSG.

This one? http://www.beretta.com/en-us/u22-neos-inox/

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
It’s a Beretta target pistol, gets used as a standin for future guns/laser guns in a lot of shows because it already looks like it came from space

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Pirate Radar posted:

It’s a Beretta target pistol, gets used as a standin for future guns/laser guns in a lot of shows because it already looks like it came from space

Like the Calico used to be.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
That’s it. I honestly thought they’d just put some plastic bits on an existing gun, the thing is crazy looking.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Madurai posted:

Like the Calico used to be.

Calicos are still loving awesome:

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That’s it. I honestly thought they’d just put some plastic bits on an existing gun, the thing is crazy looking.

All the guns they use for QA or others are real, they just picked future-ish looking ones. Stubbs’s compact pistol is also a Beretta, the shotgun the stock sleazy bad guy was using is a Kel-Tec, and the other members of the special team were using what were I think SCARs but could have been another one of those big plastic-furniture rifles that I can’t be bothered to remember the difference between

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Clem was gunning them down with some sort of G36 variant?

I could really do without another dudes-in-black-vests shootout this season

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
The Hale/Delores theory from a couple of pages back is actually pretty good, not gonna lie. Would make sense for Stubbs to actually be Teddy then too. Big dumb theories are unironically one of my favorite things about shows like this.

re: the PMC, I was really hoping that the idiocy of the security would just be something from the guys who were stationed there full time. It's a theme park, not a war zone. Nothing's gone wrong in 30 years, they aren't going to be paying for Green Berets. They're mallcops with P90s. Was hoping the future-blackwater would be more competent. And up to this point they seemed like they were. Taking the threat more seriously, dismissing the QA guys are amateurs. Even early on in this episode they seemed like they were giving the hosts more of a fight.

But yeah, that cradle scene and their subsequent slaughter was pretty loving bad.

Fill Baptismal fucked around with this message at 07:47 on Jun 5, 2018

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Can Ford still run his game against MIB from Bernard's head?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

ArmZ posted:

ford is some kind of autistic psychopath

And the best part is we can't tell if he's the good guy or not!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Ford is a bad guy imo. He's just not nearly as bad as what Delos wants lmfao

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I love shows about dirty people doin' dirty to other dirty people.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

esperterra posted:

Ford is a bad guy imo. He's just not nearly as bad as what Delos wants lmfao

He's like a peta activist that thinks it's okay to murder people in order to save animals. I don't know if he's a bad guy he's just driven by a different morals.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
gently caress, marry, kill

Teddy, Woke Teddy, Brainwashed Woke Teddy

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

emanresu tnuocca posted:

He's like a peta activist that thinks it's okay to murder people in order to save animals. I don't know if he's a bad guy he's just driven by a different morals.

I feel like Ford may have been a rather cruel man to the hosts before he came around to realizing maybe Arnold was right, and maybe letting the hosts run rampant can stop the bullshit Delos Corp is up to. He had quite the grudge against Dolores for killing his dear friend, after all. And his speech to Teddy about Teddy existing just to get killed and watch other people gently caress or rape his girl.

Little robo Ford opening up that dog seemed like ... a thing, also. Is Ford just Hannibal Lecter if Hannibal was in a time where he could have a park full of robutts to play around with and didn't need to kill people ??? :thunk:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Ah yeah thats the good poo poo

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cirofren posted:

Too easy.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Cirofren posted:

kill, marry, gently caress. clearly.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

gently caress Sweetwater, Marry Ghost Nation, Kill Confederados

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

TTerrible posted:

Yeah, that was supremely hosed up. I'm surprised it took this long for virtual torture to be a thing.
*AHEM* I insist you stick with NPR journalistic guidelines and refer to it as Enhanced Interrogation from now on

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Someone on Reddit took a screencap of the various torture methods available to use on hosts and it just gets worse the more you look at it. As if the methods themselves weren't horrific enough, they also have mods to instill a specific fear of each torture method in the host. Even the CIA would look at this and think 'is that not just a little excessive?'

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe
Actor of Abernathy is on What the Flick discussing E7. He probably knew that's the end of his role (for good? for season 2?).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twVcD6kh2aw

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Someone on Reddit took a screencap of the various torture methods available to use on hosts and it just gets worse the more you look at it. As if the methods themselves weren't horrific enough, they also have mods to instill a specific fear of each torture method in the host. Even the CIA would look at this and think 'is that not just a little excessive?'

No skin flaying or paper cuts between toes/fingers. Amateurs.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Disappointing. I still think Abernathy's performance in episode 1 is maybe the best on the entire show to date? I was hoping he'd be an actual character this time instead of a plot device.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

This article seems relevant:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/jun/04/claims-about-social-benefits-of-sex-robots-greatly-overstated-say-experts

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Interesting that the show is completely glossing over the 'continuity' problem of consciousness copying/transfer.

Like Ford literally got his brains blown out. This is a copy, made before the brain blowout, having none of the memories leading up to or of that event. From the objective perspective he still behaves and appears like the same person but Ford is dead. Old man Delos too. Arnold too.

Making someone that behaves the same as someone dead doesn't bring that person back to life. So anyway it's great for making copies of people, like the plan they're going with, and not for immortality, which is the plan they have apparently dropped.

I guess what I'm saying is I applaud the philosophically informed choices the Delos company is going with. But it's still interesting that the show hasn't really touched on that point at all. Rather it makes it seem more like when the copy is created the person 'wakes up' into that body as if it were their own.

Which is, perhaps, from certain perspectives, not entirely incorrect.

Maybe it's good they avoid this topic.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

The Dave posted:

Maybe I'm dumb but I thought there was a chance William was going to bite it there. He's not exactly necessarily for the story to move on, we know what his motivations were and how they tie to the bigger picture now.

There's no way he dies before his inevitable encounter with Woke Dolores in ep 9/10

tino
Jun 4, 2018

by Smythe

Chadzok posted:

Interesting that the show is completely glossing over the 'continuity' problem of consciousness copying/transfer.

Like Ford literally got his brains blown out. This is a copy, made before the brain blowout, having none of the memories leading up to or of that event. From the objective perspective he still behaves and appears like the same person but Ford is dead. Old man Delos too. Arnold too.

Making someone that behaves the same as someone dead doesn't bring that person back to life. So anyway it's great for making copies of people, like the plan they're going with, and not for immortality, which is the plan they have apparently dropped.

I guess what I'm saying is I applaud the philosophically informed choices the Delos company is going with. But it's still interesting that the show hasn't really touched on that point at all. Rather it makes it seem more like when the copy is created the person 'wakes up' into that body as if it were their own.

Which is, perhaps, from certain perspectives, not entirely incorrect.

Maybe it's good they avoid this topic.

I am bothered by the fact that the show/script never discuss soul problem, aka Descartes Mind-Body Dualism.

That leads me to believe the Nolans are hardcore atheists, any Christian images are just for show.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Wafflecopper posted:

There's no way he dies before his inevitable encounter with Woke Dolores in ep 9/10

I am 99% certain he's going to get rescued by woke maeve (or woke Lawrence) for some reason or other ironic writing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I'm just not sure how William can walk or do anything with 6 or so bullets in him, including 1 in the chest. I mean if he's going to lay on the ground and monologue I guess that's plausible...