Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

FPzero posted:

How do those stones on the grand travels map work anyway? I couldn't figure them out. I thought beating a map with one on it would work but no.

The green rockets? They duplicate any tool used on them.

Their usefulness is pretty much negated by the item card shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is it me or Lorule not that bad so far? Managed to get both Ravio and Yuga without any issues with Linkle and Link, who are both level 65 with Linkle with her level 2 crossbow and Link with Master Sword.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Mokinokaro posted:

The green rockets? They duplicate any tool used on them.

Their usefulness is pretty much negated by the item card shop.

Oh, their description made it seem like they would give you any item of your choosing. That's decidedly less useful but a free item is a free item I suppose.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

FPzero posted:

Oh, their description made it seem like they would give you any item of your choosing. That's decidedly less useful but a free item is a free item I suppose.

Gold Trains can't be bought in the shop. Gold Trains lift character restrictions. There's a good use for them.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Rirse posted:

Is it me or Lorule not that bad so far? Managed to get both Ravio and Yuga without any issues with Linkle and Link, who are both level 65 with Linkle with her level 2 crossbow and Link with Master Sword.

That's... pretty overleveled for getting Ravio and Yuga honestly.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Rirse posted:

You're already powerful enough to make your way to Linkle's 4+ weapon on that map. Might have to level up Agitha some for a quiz level but it's not too bad.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That quiz level feels totally awful. I might have to give it another stab but it felt like getting an A would be a total struggle.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Gold Trains can't be bought in the shop. Gold Trains lift character restrictions. There's a good use for them.

Can you unlock 4+ weapons this way, or will you still need the character present to unlock their stuff, like with heart pieces?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

That quiz level feels totally awful. I might have to give it another stab but it felt like getting an A would be a total struggle.

Can you unlock 4+ weapons this way, or will you still need the character present to unlock their stuff, like with heart pieces?

You can still unlock 4+ weapons with a different character. It's only Heart Pieces where the character whose reward it is must be present.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Can only one Spider spawn per game? Or could both spawn at the same time if you fill out both criteria?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Pixeltendo posted:

Can only one Spider spawn per game? Or could both spawn at the same time if you fill out both criteria?

One per battle I'm afraid. And it's always the 1000 KOs spider first.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Oxyclean posted:

Someone in the thread recommended just using another controller and putting Agitha in the corner while say, Ganondorf takes the quiz. I tried it and loved it for missions where it sacks me as a character I hate.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Jade Mage posted:

Someone in the thread recommended just using another controller and putting Agitha in the corner while say, Ganondorf takes the quiz. I tried it and loved it for missions where it sacks me as a character I hate.

This is illegal and I'll be remembering it.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I might be misremembering what happened to me but if you're not controlling the character who's the recipient of the A rank reward when the mission ends, you don't get it even if you qualify?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Jade Mage posted:

Wait how does this trick work? Because I'm at that tile now and Agitha suuuucks.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

SettingSun posted:

I might be misremembering what happened to me but if you're not controlling the character who's the recipient of the A rank reward when the mission ends, you don't get it even if you qualify?

Nooooo you totally do. I do it all the time to get A ranks with sucky characters on maps where you're allowed to use more than one dude.

Sheik does all the work, Agitha gets the prize.

Pierson posted:

Wait how does this trick work? Because I'm at that tile now and Agitha suuuucks.

You grab a second controller or split the Joycons, have Player 2 join, pick their character to someone good, go hide Agitha in a corner somewhere, and have Good Character do all the work. This is especially easy in quiz maps because there are no random mooks running around.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

I just did all the maps where I am forced to use the characters with that characters.

Then again, I do know just about all the tricks.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Silver Falcon posted:

You grab a second controller or split the Joycons, have Player 2 join, pick their character to someone good, go hide Agitha in a corner somewhere, and have Good Character do all the work. This is especially easy in quiz maps because there are no random mooks running around.

Note, for quizzes you still have to walk the 'Agitha' in the equation into the fort to start

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm not sure if this is a game issue or a hardware issue, but it appears that the Y button on the joycon isn't registering some of the time while playing. I thought it was based on certain characters, but I have no idea at this point.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

seiferguy posted:

I'm not sure if this is a game issue or a hardware issue, but it appears that the Y button on the joycon isn't registering some of the time while playing. I thought it was based on certain characters, but I have no idea at this point.

Can't say that I've personally experienced that, so it may be a hardware issue, my dude. :(

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

GreatGreen posted:

Redead Knights are a horrible enemy from a design perspective. The best thing about this game, the thing that makes it fun, is the combination of killing and attacking lots and lots of things all the time and always being on the move. These enemies totally destroy the rhythm of the game in a frustrating way.

Who thought it would be a cool, fun thing to have an enemy who constantly spams AoE attacks that freeze the player and that has an extremely rare and narrow interrupt opportunity.

This is from a page back but since nobody mentioned it - shooting enemies with the bow stuns them and keeps the WPG up for significantly longer. Redeads/gibdos/etc are the easiest officer thanks to this since their attack is so heavily telegraphed. Just run out of range, shoot them with the bow, and get a free punish no matter who you're playing as.

(This also helps for any enemy characters with an attack that leave their WPG open but has an annoyingly large aoe or something)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Can't say that I've personally experienced that, so it may be a hardware issue, my dude. :(

I'll do a button test later but if they aren't working I can probably RMA it.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

seiferguy posted:

I did have this issue, though I also noticed jumps not registering in Odyssey too.

Haven't worked it out yet (bought a 2nd pair of Joycons recently, the pink and green ones, which I've used for Hyrule, can't remember which set I used for SMO) but I did notice the way I was sitting meant my leg was in the way of my right hand. I remember reports in the early Switch days that obscuring the Joycon could mess with the connection. Wouldn't have thought a later version would have the problem though.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Finally got 90 Skulltulas to fully unlock the Bazaar's options and the 4000 KO skills. Ganondorf is at last kitted out with a 5* Magical Key with Finishing Blow+ and Hasty Attacks and only needs No Healing for maximum carnage! :unsmigghh:

(Still haven't touched Legend Mode beyond completing the Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword sections of the second act.)

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
No Heart Power?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Sudden Javelin posted:

I did have this issue, though I also noticed jumps not registering in Odyssey too.

Haven't worked it out yet (bought a 2nd pair of Joycons recently, the pink and green ones, which I've used for Hyrule, can't remember which set I used for SMO) but I did notice the way I was sitting meant my leg was in the way of my right hand. I remember reports in the early Switch days that obscuring the Joycon could mess with the connection. Wouldn't have thought a later version would have the problem though.

Yeah I was starting to wonder if there was some interference, because playing the game while in mobile mode works fine, but attached is giving me issues (but it sure looks a lot prettier!).

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

This game sure likes making you fight Volga as Agitha huh?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Drop lots of beetles on him (and every other enemy)

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
The stages I hate the most are the ones that want you to ignore Volga. That guy's gotta have the most aggressive AI in the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
He does, and it doesn't help his C1(2?) attack is basically a one two hit combo that instantly comes out with no tell, and it covers a huge distance.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Leal posted:

He does, and it doesn't help his C1(2?) attack is basically a one two hit combo that instantly comes out with no tell, and it covers a huge distance.

This is the slam he does that has about 1/2 a second of weak point gauge, right? I hate that so much, you basically have to be right in his face and dodge the attack to even get a chance of hitting it.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

FPzero posted:

This is the slam he does that has about 1/2 a second of weak point gauge, right? I hate that so much, you basically have to be right in his face and dodge the attack to even get a chance of hitting it.

He only does that attack in response to you attacking into his guard. Hit him a few times, then dodge out as he begins the attack animation and you'll nail him every time.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Where is Linkle level 2 boots at?

Also I just grabbed Lana great sea costume, which is it me or she looks like Terra from FF6 with it?

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rirse posted:

Koholint Island, G-6*. All the boot upgrades are on Koholint for some reason.

*Starting from the left side of the map, that would be the seventh column, bottom row square.

W.T. Fits fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 6, 2018

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

YggiDee posted:

No Heart Power?

My first 5* 8-Slot Magical Key weapon came with Heart Power. In exactly the spot I wanted it to as well for aesthetic purposes, so I didn't even need to delete it and put one of my spare Heart Powers on it.

W.T. Fits posted:

Koholint Island, G-6. All the boot upgrades are on Koholint for some reason.

Because the Boots were the DLC weapon of the Link's Awakening Map. :ssh:

Folt The Bolt fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 6, 2018

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Rirse posted:

Also I just grabbed Lana great sea costume, which is it me or she looks like Terra from FF6 with it?

When I first saw it, it looked really familiar, but I couldn't place it. Then I realized it was totally Terra's colors.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Rirse posted:

Is that the one that gives her green hair? That's my preferred outfit for her because it kinda makes her look like Saria.

Who should have been in this game instead of her, or at least should have had the Deku Stick. :colbert:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Silver Falcon posted:

Is that the one that gives her green hair? That's my preferred outfit for her because it kinda makes her look like Saria.

Who should have been in this game instead of her, or at least should have had the Deku Stick. :colbert:

The game already has 4 OOT reps in it, 5 if you count HW Impa being based on OOT Impa, while SS only has Fi and Ghirahim to its name.

What I'm saying is that we're missing a Groose and Saria can get in line.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jun 6, 2018

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

HyWar Impa looks more like Skyward Sword Impa to me. Totally agreed about Groose though. Why can't we have both? I just really dislike Lana.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Whoops played this fuckin game until 330 last night, time just fuckin slips away when you’re murderizing hordes of mooks

Also, gently caress the imprisoned in 2011, gently caress the imprisoned in 2014, and gently caress the imprisoned in 2018

gently caress you, pal.

E: also, gently caress the imprisoned in 2016

Sockser fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Silver Falcon posted:

HyWar Impa looks more like Skyward Sword Impa to me. Totally agreed about Groose though. Why can't we have both? I just really dislike Lana.

That makes me curious. Is there any chance that we may see some DLC for DE? There are definitely more characters they could potentially add, but I don't know if there are any post-release plans for the game.