Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

SalTheBard posted:

MAFIA EDIT:

I didn't see that Monathins alignment was Council. So two confirmed town and one council? And Mona was a cult cop too. That's really interesting.

Council aligned is the pseudo Miller

I am also council aligned as I mentioned before

I'm really annoyed that I let go of the Keane case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

MAFIA EDIT:

I didn't see that Monathins alignment was Council. So two confirmed town and one council? And Mona was a cult cop too. That's really interesting.

Ecco is DEFINITELY not above making a cult cop in a game with no cult

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

It's never too late to grab on again

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Sorry about missing the deadline last night, I'm with my girlfriend all week and I had health care stuff to do with her.

Moatillata posted:

These flip shenanigans are definitely going to confuse things. But on the other hand, do we have any proof that you'll win with town?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I've read the end of day I missed yesterday and I'm still unclear why anyone was voting Tired Moritz

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ecco is DEFINITELY not above making a cult cop in a game with no cult

This happened last ecco game, I was a cult cop in a cultless game.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Meinberg posted:

Sorry about missing the deadline last night, I'm with my girlfriend all week and I had health care stuff to do with her.

These flip shenanigans are definitely going to confuse things. But on the other hand, do we have any proof that you'll win with town?

##vote meinberg

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
kill all non-town

pod, what the gently caress man

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

I've read the end of day I missed yesterday and I'm still unclear why anyone was voting Tired Moritz

pod hijacked the thread to prevent a soda lynch

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm sorry I missed the end of yesterday, did not intend to drop a vote and run and still have a bunch of posts to read.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Setup speculation / content game:

1. Will there be any scum flips in this game or will all scum flip as ambiguous factions?
2. Are the scum all part of the same faction (i.e. one of the factions is scum), or distributed amongst the factions. We've seen "council" and AS claimed she will flip "wild" and there could be more.

I'm hoping if there are no scum flips then at least they are all part of the same faction cause otherwise the game seems impossible to solve through scum hunting and analysis. At least if a faction is scum, its reasonable that we'll know which faction that is by some midgame/endgame point via night actions (copping, kill tracking)

My guess is just that: no scum flips, and one faction is all scum. I'm curious what other people think, just to get on the record.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Council aligned isn't the pseudo miller, that's the town alignment lol

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Council aligned isn't the pseudo miller, that's the town alignment lol

I am town aligned

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

I am town aligned

:thunk:

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol nvm. So were db and tm. I’m not special

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I am council-aligned in flavor but town-aligned mechanically. Are council and town not interchangeable??? Because that's how my PM reads

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I’m not sure.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
We should have killed soda yesterday. Good job pod smh

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Lol right?

I'm more worries about the add ons to his push than him

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Lol right?

I'm more worries about the add ons to his push than him

My PM is "town aligned" FYI, I don't think it says "council" anywhere

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Eh, well I'm not going to split hairs over it. Soda is probably good, I don't want to spend today talking about it. I also have a good feeling about Pod/BK with fresh eyes.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
The interactions between DickyB and Podima feel off to me. I see Podima going hard at him and then going around and voting for Tiny. I might be jumping at nothing, but looking through DickyB’s history, it’s only with Podima that anything jumps out.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Eh, well I'm not going to split hairs over it. Soda is probably good, I don't want to spend today talking about it. I also have a good feeling about Pod/BK with fresh eyes.

Well I don't know if it's splitting hairs. At least to me in my PM there is nothing to make it seem like "town" and "council" (or "wild") are interchangeable. Are you saying your wincon is "all scum players are removed from game"

Not sure what to think about that, but Inquisitor is not a friendly sounding role that is for sure

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

??????????????????????????????????????????

Just to revisit this (PMom did not like my "maybe scum don't know they are scum") I have been in multiple games where I was of an alignment I assumed was the "town" alignment and it was implied I was the good guys but it turned out I was in fact on the bad-guy team without my knowledge.

I'm not even saying that is what is going on in this game, but I'm saying it HAS happened before and should not be dismissed entirely.

I will move on to other things now, thanks for your time everyone.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Catching up:

Monathin posted:

That seems reasonable enough. However:

I find it funny that you're turning on Keane now when I'm finally starting to warm up to him.

I didn't think AS was the right vote yesterday and instead voted for the person who seemed to be doing a whole lot of role and flavor-fishing.

CCKeane posted:

I mean Sober is voting the towniest player in the game so obvs something is going on there.

:lol:

Slamburger posted:

My further setup speculation thoughts are that if there are more ambiguous flips, thats very anti-town and (one would hope) would be balanced by more investigative roles. The fact that a PGO claimed is actually really good in light of this possibility and could end up being very pro-town.

I like this post a lot. Slam's willingness to both reconsider his own position on AS as well as consider her claim from this aspect give me a strong town read on him.

Podima posted:

This post, and Moritz's posting in general, pings me as falsely engaged. Also, going back to this:

I question the need to specify "scum goon" here, and really want to hear TM explain exactly what the point of a scum goon fakeclaiming PGO immediately on D1 and asking to be executed is. Keane at least backed up his push with "maybe she's signaling teammates to minimize risk" which is reasonable since we did just come out of an Eccogame where scum couldn't talk during the day, but I'm not seeing the townie logic in TM's post here.

I like all of this too. As I'm rereading here I don't recall specifically who Pod replaced but this line of inquiry is good.

Podima posted:

All three of them have claimed to flip as non-town alignments.

I'd like opinions on IllegallySober and DickB. I've already made my points about DickB, but IllegallySober's posting is giving me ~vibes.~ It feels detached and forced, and this:

I know the redirect was brought up multiple times, but the (((likely))) makes me raise an eyebrow since I don't see how that can be stated with confidence on D1.

Post history: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3857599&userid=62202

The "likely" was simply in reference to this being an Eccogame, as well as there being scum redirectors (to my recollection, anyway) is several of the last few games I was in. I suppose I could have thrown a question mark on the end of "likely" but I figured that with no info it was more probable than not that scum had that option.

Monathin posted:

Sober's turn on Keane after he and I had our huge discussion is -really- weird and I would not voting for him today due to that.

My vote for Keane was more in reference to what Moat had to say about him than anything you and he talked about? I know I was skimming yesterday but I don't specifically recall anything discussed between you too, although you certainly seem to be Keane's biggest cheerleader as D1 ends.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Me too.

Slamburger posted:

1. Will there be any scum flips in this game or will all scum flip as ambiguous factions?
2. Are the scum all part of the same faction (i.e. one of the factions is scum), or distributed amongst the factions. We've seen "council" and AS claimed she will flip "wild" and there could be more.

I'm hoping if there are no scum flips then at least they are all part of the same faction cause otherwise the game seems impossible to solve through scum hunting and analysis. At least if a faction is scum, its reasonable that we'll know which faction that is by some midgame/endgame point via night actions (copping, kill tracking)

My guess is just that: no scum flips, and one faction is all scum. I'm curious what other people think, just to get on the record.

Do we have any reason to believe at this point that there "could be more" factions? The rest of your post makes some sense to me.

I am council-aligned in flavor but town-aligned mechanically. Are council and town not interchangeable??? Because that's how my PM reads

Hal Incandenza posted:

Neither does mine.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Not sure what to think about that, but Inquisitor is not a friendly sounding role that is for sure

From Mona's flip? I think that's just Ecco's flavor for the role she went on to describe in the flip.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

IllegallySober posted:

From Mona's flip? I think that's just Ecco's flavor for the role she went on to describe in the flip.

Where was the role described? I feel like I am missing something.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Where was the role described? I feel like I am missing something.

Oh in the flavor, never mind. Hmmmmm

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Oh in the flavor, never mind. Hmmmmm

Real-life inquisitors thought they were searching for malevolent things in people too but they were bad dudes

FLAVOR ARGUMENTS BEST ARGUMENTS

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

b-minus1 posted:

kill all non-town

pod, what the gently caress man

b-minus1 posted:

this is a weird line given that pod likely shares an alignment with Soda/Mona?? Like, "cult cop" tells me council are pro-town (+ sheer number of people openly claiming)

Hal Incandenza posted:

Just to revisit this (PMom did not like my "maybe scum don't know they are scum") I have been in multiple games where I was of an alignment I assumed was the "town" alignment and it was implied I was the good guys but it turned out I was in fact on the bad-guy team without my knowledge.

I'm not even saying that is what is going on in this game, but I'm saying it HAS happened before and should not be dismissed entirely.

I will move on to other things now, thanks for your time everyone.

I mean, sure, Ecco game but we had no in-thread reason to believe it at the time, which makes me think that maybe you have additional knowledge about the setup you're not sharing (which, maybe fair, but maybe suspish), and now we have 2 NKs, both unclaimed, so kinda moot

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Slamburger posted:

wait is it literally the case the AS isn't council aligned, I guess I'd lumped her in with pod/mona

idk, two NKs tells me we probably have a traditional scum faction

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Atomic Soda posted:

i'm awake and catching up, have a case to make on keane

i am fine to die today, its what i expected when i claimed

i will flip 'wild-aligned' when i die, there is no confirmation that this is the scum alignment

sister mother wife and lover, adams rib the ever other im a lady

oh hm

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Pinterest Mom posted:

wait is it literally the case the AS isn't council aligned, I guess I'd lumped her in with pod/mona

idk, two NKs tells me we probably have a traditional scum faction

No she said she was "wild" aligned or something like that and that she lived in the woods

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
:negative:

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Since I've mostly been thinking about setup and mechanics, its time for some reads and brief cases:

Top pick AA

Promised reads but never really gave any. His votes were all pretty empty and bandwagony. Has repeatedly brought up his "town" role PM but seems like he might not be getting the details right or just cribbing from the sample PM:

Based on how others have described the council stuff this seems like a misreading of a PM at best and a scumslip at worst.

Second pick Keane

His aggressive posting and "gotcha" kind of stuff about the claims/mechanics reads a little fake to me. Also this pinged me as fake/scummy:

CCKeane posted:

You can vote me out without too much headache, sure, but since we're at:

Third pick Sal for a scum lurker. Mostly I want to hear from reads from Sal.

##vote AA

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Slamburger posted:

##vote AA

:rolleyes: So I'm confused why AS wasn't the target yesterday and I find Pods flip flopping really weird. Would vote Pod first.

Would also vote out AS as well just to get the Death Miller PGO out of the game

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Slamburger posted:

##vote AA

And goddamn do we really have to go through this again? I have more posts than you do so I'm hardly loving lurking.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

SalTheBard posted:

And goddamn do we really have to go through this again? I have more posts than you do so I'm hardly loving lurking.

I mean, I'm not exactly posting up a storm either but nearly half of your posts in this thread are from before the game started, plus another few during jokephase, so the post count measuring game probably isn't the best argument to be making right now.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

The more that people like Sal and B- push for AS to be dunked, the more I'm starting to believe that the scum team does not, in fact, have a redirector, or a better way to deal with her.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:munch: My bad. I posted in this thread and then saw the game was full. Didn't mean to not be here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

IllegallySober posted:

I mean, I'm not exactly posting up a storm either but nearly half of your posts in this thread are from before the game started, plus another few during jokephase, so the post count measuring game probably isn't the best argument to be making right now.

This was Scum Slamburgers MO last game I was in. Again I don't like being called a lurker when I'm not lurking.

IllegallySober posted:

The more that people like Sal and B- push for AS to be dunked, the more I'm starting to believe that the scum team does not, in fact, have a redirector, or a better way to deal with her.

I could be willing to believe that as well, however the argument that was put forward is that the longer AS is in the game the more of a liability they become for Town. I don't see why that is so controversial. But if you think AS isn't worth looking into and should be left alone I'm willing to stop pushing on AS.

• Locked thread