Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
My brain tells me Emiya but my heart tells me Liz...

Motto posted:

Dailies give consistently good bond gain, though events and story chapters following that strip do as well, so. Also next year's chapters will have special bond bonuses for certain servant categories.

For anyone impatient:

Shinjuku - Evil

Agartha - Female (except Mash), d'Eon, Astolfo and Enkidu

Shimosa - Knight triangle

Salem - Caster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Omobono posted:

I have no 4* or 5* assassins. Stheno or Carmilla? Carmilla feels more useful.

EMIYA spooked me three times between Rashomon and Journey, but I already have Gilgamesh at 90. Should I level him up for Onigashima, or should I consider him a more long-term project?

EMIYA's done great work for me on an Arts team. Sure, his NP is Buster, but 3 Arts cards consistently leads to Arts chains, and he always surprises me with how much damage a brave chain puts out.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Spent three tickets fishing for Okita and got Yan Qing and OG Arturia instead, so I'm happy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Omobono posted:

EMIYA spooked me three times between Rashomon and Journey, but I already have Gilgamesh at 90. Should I level him up for Onigashima, or should I consider him a more long-term project?

Carmilla is a self-sufficient machine of high NP gain that spams her noble phantasm, heals herself, and loops back.

Assassin in general is really good to have if you don't have more than 1 Gold, because the game throws a TON of rider-only nodes for story and events to counter Waver/Merlin.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Carmilla is also especially good for the same reason Jack is, most Rider servants are female and their Noble Phantasm does a lot more damage to those.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Cheers for the advice :cheers:

Yeah Man
Oct 9, 2011

And if you had, you know, a huge killer robot at your command, yeah, that would just clutter things up; and a lesser person might want that kind of overwhelming force on their side, but you know - where's the challenge in that?
Would you guys suggest NP2 Herc, NP2 Carmilla, or Emiya?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Just change the hair color and make this the art for a Christine Daae servant tia

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hard times thinking about whether to pick Liz, the only one among the 4* group I don't have, or take my TamaCat to her ultimate NP5 form.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I don't have Stheno so I'll grab her so she can be reunited with her sisters.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NP2 herc if he's your primary damage dealer, Emiya if he's not for all the times he's an event servant

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

If you don't have a servant yet I'd prioritize grabbing them over NP2ing one you already have because that's bond quartz and more options down the line.

I already have all the tutorial servants so I'll probably just NP2 Herc.

E:

El Burbo posted:

Hard times thinking about whether to pick Liz, the only one among the 4* group I don't have, or take my TamaCat to her ultimate NP5 form.

This is a tough one, though.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Omobono posted:

Emiya is more of a long-term project. He's kind of underwhelming, in my experience, and he's definitely going to feel very weak compared to Gil. His 3 Arts cards means he slots pretty well into an Arts team, but although that gives him decent NP gain, his NP is pretty weak. His skills aren't very exciting right now, either. Most of that will change whenever he gets his strengthening, but I dunno when that'll be.

I mean, sure, level him a bit for whenever he starts contributing event bonuses, but don't expect him to contribute more to your team than being a generic beatstick with an Arts-focused cardset right now.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I haven't rolled Siegfried, Elizabeth Martha, or Herc yet, and I've gotten about five rare prisms from rolling tamamo cat and maries, so I'm glad to finally get my own Herc that I probably won't use outside of sticking him in the back row of the grind teams to get bond.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

Most of that will change whenever he gets his strengthening, but I dunno when that'll be.

His 3rd skill change to buffing all 3 command cards (plus increase their power boost) should be this month at the anniversary.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Main Paineframe posted:

Emiya is more of a long-term project. He's kind of underwhelming, in my experience, and he's definitely going to feel very weak compared to Gil. His 3 Arts cards means he slots pretty well into an Arts team, but although that gives him decent NP gain, his NP is pretty weak. His skills aren't very exciting right now, either. Most of that will change whenever he gets his strengthening, but I dunno when that'll be.

I mean, sure, level him a bit for whenever he starts contributing event bonuses, but don't expect him to contribute more to your team than being a generic beatstick with an Arts-focused cardset right now.

Emiya should be good by september. His 3rd skill this month and his NP buff in september.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Threw way too much at the 13 million banner (15 tickets, 36 quartz). Nothing but silver garbage for the most part, but

Well alright then. If she really wants to help so much (NP2 Saber, my only dupe SSR), I won't say no. Seems the large number of Fathers around drew her in.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
I don't think Emiya's Projection Magecraft or his NP interlude do that much for him, do they? Surely Hawkeye's +100% crit strength for three turns is the big change that makes him actually good.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The 3rd skill turns a lackluster arts boost into a triple command card mana burst. That's always helpful, especially since the card boosts are way higher than the original skill.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
emiya's 3rd skill buff means he can actually buff his own god damned NP, which doesn't make him amazing, but still helps out a lot

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
I've been impressed by the amount of fangs/scales I'm getting killing the dragon on the Nightingale node. I farm that one for scrolls or whatever they're called, then kill Karna and Arjuna for 30 drops.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you're like just now, ticket dailies still exist and they're way at the bottom of the screen past the Lotus nodes.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Getting a lot of CE drops this event.

Good civ.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Goodness gracious, if I get one more drop of the Three Heroes CE I can MLB one and still have 4 left for slots. This is the most drops of a CE I've ever had thus far in an event.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Sylphid posted:

Threw way too much at the 13 million banner (15 tickets, 36 quartz). Nothing but silver garbage for the most part, but

Well alright then. If she really wants to help so much (NP2 Saber, my only dupe SSR), I won't say no. Seems the large number of Fathers around drew her in.

It's possible to get summer servants after the event? Do they go into the general pool, are they limited outside of specific rateups, how does this work?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Gonna get me a Tamamo Cat!

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I am probably gonna go with Carmilla with my pick. Shiki and her can go to town on the riders of the world.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Suaimhneas posted:

It's possible to get summer servants after the event? Do they go into the general pool, are they limited outside of specific rateups, how does this work?
no, japan's just doing a rerun of a summer banner for 13m downloads

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Suaimhneas posted:

All summer servants are limited, but they rerun the previous year's before the current like other seasonal events, and the last download milestone was just a Summer 1 rerun.

Also one of the guanteed gachas has summer 5*s, but that's one of the big pools.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/misosoup330/status/1003835849732059136?s=19

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Suaimhneas posted:

As another note besides what Endorph and Motto said, the only limited SRs are all the swimsuits from 2016 and 2017, one SR from the CCC event, and one from the KnK re-run.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Just pulled a second copy of Agave Mangrove while fishing for a 3* Event CE in the Friend Gacha! :toot:

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Tae posted:

If you're like just now, ticket dailies still exist and they're way at the bottom of the screen past the Lotus nodes.

Aaand now I have an extra thousand scriptures suddenly. I might actually clear the first shop.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Just finished cleaning out all three shops for JttW, this event was not nearly as bad as people made it out to be, I even had enough extra pills left to get an extra 4m QP. Maybe the second half of this thing is a pain or something?

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

NRVNQSR posted:

New servants are better than increased NP levels for an existing servant unless you want to marry that existing servant IRL.

I wouldn't consider any of the tutorial servants exceptions to this. There might be an argument that Carmilla's redundant if you have Jack, but even then Vampirism is pretty good.

Excuse me. It I want to marry every servant irl

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Looks like JP is having a promotion event for Fate/Extella Link.

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
Link looking fairly slick.

Also getting personally reminded that any kind of remake or Anglophone release for CCC is completely hopeless. :smith:

edit: roe fel maoh, the CE comes with a goddamn mahjong set in Japan (the altera one is cute)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Just finished cleaning out all three shops for JttW, this event was not nearly as bad as people made it out to be, I even had enough extra pills left to get an extra 4m QP. Maybe the second half of this thing is a pain or something?
Yes, it's the second half that made people hate it. Here's roughly why: Like the first half, you need to grind a currency (Orbs) to grind the other currency (Lotuses). However, you don't get extra Orb drops by just equipping +Orb CEs, but rather by equipping a CE that increases the chance of extra Orbs dropping. So you still have RNG to deal with there, until you have +100% bonus drop chance. After that, you grind Lotuses, and the only CE that helps with this is Ox Demon King, which you must acquire from the Orb-locked Lotus nodes, and it only gives you +1 Lotus per CE equipped. You can see why people hated it.

...But we don't have that version of the second half of the event. We have the rerun's second half, which has the following changes. First, the old gacha CEs now also provide a +1/+2/+3 Lotus drop bonus in addition to the Bun/Peach/Pill bonuses they gave. Second, Ox Demon King is now +4 Lotuses per rather than +1. Essentially, the Orb grind is the same, but we have to do the Orb grind about a quarter as much as the original JP JttW event players did to clear the shop. So it isn't anywhere near as bad and might actually be just fine.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

SpaceDrake posted:

Also getting personally reminded that any kind of remake or Anglophone release for CCC is completely hopeless. :smith:

I think there's a decent chance someone will license CCC Fox Tail, the very loosely adapted manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!
The producer's hat game is amazingly on point. If that actually goes on sale...

alas that we'll never see the arcade stuff outside of Japan :v: