Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Cool max pillow owns... to the max

I think the pillow is one of these but it is way too thick and hurts my neck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Symetrique
Jan 2, 2013

FogHelmut posted:

Large brush fire within 2.5 miles of my Costco.

Uhhh I think I know which Costco.

Let me know if they need help saving the alcohol aisle.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I get the 19.99 double pack of pillows, wear em out in like 12 months, and just go buy another pack.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Chinatown posted:

I get the 19.99 double pack of pillows, wear em out in like 12 months, and just go buy another pack.

Thank you for not abusing the return policy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ultimate Mango posted:

Thank you for not abusing the return policy.

I only return clothes.

That said I have two pairs of thin breathable polyester shorts that have the back right and right thigh pockets zippered. Had them for about a year. Perfect shorts for summer travels since the zippered pockets are excellent if you're worried about pickpockets. Best $40 iIve ever spent on clothes easily. Wearing a pair right now!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Taking two things back to the 'Co this morning. A food sealer that we never used because I became a vegetarian right after we bought it (stupid, but it's unopened) and a pair of the Gerry cargo shorts that did NOT hold up NEARLY as well as the Izods or the Greg Norman Ultimate Travel Short.

The GNUTS are loving amazing though.

Any "MUST ACQUIRE" items out recently?

We got the pop up hammock it's nice but it's a little buggy in our back yard. It'll get used over time.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Chinatown posted:

I only return clothes.

That said I have two pairs of thin breathable polyester shorts that have the back right and right thigh pockets zippered. Had them for about a year. Perfect shorts for summer travels since the zippered pockets are excellent if you're worried about pickpockets. Best $40 iIve ever spent on clothes easily. Wearing a pair right now!

I bought these short last year and they’re good. But I got a bit of spray paint on them so I went looking for more and they don’t make/sell em, just hideous cargo short junk for rednecks. :sigh:

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

There’s a new Costco opening in our city at the end of the month and it looks like some futuristic space ship Costco, I can’t wait. It even has a car wash!

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Picked up that garage solar motion light for my driveway for $40. Thing is bright as hell.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

The Feit shop lights are $20 right now. I seriously doubt that's going to last long

mike-
Jul 9, 2004

Phillipians 1:21
I loving love costco

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
My costco removed chili and did a salad. I was also told we are getting the hamburger soon. PBUC

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
Man, Costco needs to up their packaging game. My wife ordered some stuff online (she hates going in as she thinks it's too crowded) and it came in the flimsiest cardboard box. Everything in it was smashed up. Now I get to go return the stuff to pick up unsmashed versions from the shelves. This is the second time this has happened.

uli2000
Feb 23, 2015

GORDON posted:

Flying into Vegas next month to do some hiking around the southwest, for 10 days. I'd like to hit a Costco after I land to stock up on water, Gatorade, protein bars, etc.... I see there is a "Costco Business Center" near my hotel. What is that? I don't have a "Business Center" near me.... can I get the things I want to get, there, or do I need to go a little out of my way and hit the regular Costco on the north end of town?

As long as you don't need much in the way of food beyond packaged snacks, you'll be ok. Some stuff will be in even bigger packages than regular Costco items, like if you want hot dogs, they dont come in the 4 lb package or whatever, they come in like a 20 lb box. I haven't been in the MLK Costco since they changed it to a business center but IDK if they will have booze or not. I know they took the gas station out before the conversion.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The expensive Gillette razors are $10 off right now, that's literally the cheapest I've seen them in years.

Also, I picked up a nice insulated cooler bag for 10 bucks... I find that my milk lasts longer when I use a cooler to get it home.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

My recent haul:

3 of my most used toiletries were on sale: shaving cream, razor blades, and deodorant.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squashy Nipples posted:

The expensive Gillette razors are $10 off right now, that's literally the cheapest I've seen them in years.

Also, I picked up a nice insulated cooler bag for 10 bucks... I find that my milk lasts longer when I use a cooler to get it home.

fancy razors are the biggest scam. just get a pack of 10 disposables from the dollar store, they work the same

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rutibex posted:

fancy razors are the biggest scam. just get a pack of 10 disposables from the dollar store, they work the same

Shaving is different for everyone; I've been doing it for 30 years now, so don't tell me what works for me. Why not just get an electric, and stop buying razors all together? Because electrics don't work for me.

My beard is very thick, and cheap razors get duller with every stroke. The expensive razors last much, much longer. Also, I shave my head, so I have a lot more surface area to cover then most men.
Protip: don't change your razor out just because the lube strip is shot, change them out when you can feel them getting dull.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I got a pack of like 50 Gillette disposable razors from Costco years ago for seriously like $10 or so and still have some left over, obviously because I just didn't use them. They work perfectly. I use a better one now but when I run out of blades for that I'm going to start going through the Costco ones again.

These, but way more.

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jun 5, 2018

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squashy Nipples posted:

Shaving is different for everyone; I've been doing it for 30 years now, so don't tell me what works for me. Why not just get an electric, and stop buying razors all together? Because electrics don't work for me.

My beard is very thick, and cheap razors get duller with every stroke. The expensive razors last much, much longer. Also, I shave my head, so I have a lot more surface area to cover then most men.
Protip: don't change your razor out just because the lube strip is shot, change them out when you can feel them getting dull.

Lol if you think gillette razors are some how sharper than the ones from the dollar store. its all in your head. There is a reason fancy razors has to be marketed constantly and agressivly, they do not sell themselves on their own merits.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

Squashy Nipples posted:

I have read that one of the biggest reasons for a razor going dull is not usage, but micro rust. I hit mine with the blow dryer for a minute before putting them away and they seem to last longer.
Also, I am trying the 3-blade Kirkland razors right now. Not bad but I no back side blade for edging. The handle feels very flimsy also.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Squashy Nipples posted:

Amen

I can't use those lovely disposable blades, they cut my face up like crazy.

Now I have a beard though, so I only have to shave my neck. One blade lasts me six months.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Rutibex posted:

Lol if you think gillette razors are some how sharper than the ones from the dollar store. its all in your head. There is a reason fancy razors has to be marketed constantly and agressivly, they do not sell themselves on their own merits.

Except that I didn't say that? Learn to read, moron. I said that they stay sharper longer, which helps make up for the difference in price. I think it has something to do with the heat treating of the blades, but that might just be marketing hype.

Again, everyone's beard is different! If the cheap ones work for you, then great! I just have a lot to shave, and I know what works for me.

Meydey posted:

I have read that one of the biggest reasons for a razor going dull is not usage, but micro rust. I hit mine with the blow dryer for a minute before putting them away and they seem to last longer.
Also, I am trying the 3-blade Kirkland razors right now. Not bad but I no back side blade for edging. The handle feels very flimsy also.

Interesting! I would try that, except that I'm bald and not currently living with a woman, so no hairdryer.

And yeah, I really need that edging blade. Without it, I'd have a non-deliberate mustache under my nose.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Squashy Nipples posted:

Electric razors are a scam too. My Norelco's blades cost $40 to replace...

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

just lmao if you don't grow a scruffy neckbeard in lieu of shaving

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Friends please.... please!

PBUC

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

just lmao if you don't grow a scruffy neckbeard in lieu of shaving

Well yeah, but what about my legs? How am I going to shave those?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Renegret posted:

Amen

I can't use those lovely disposable blades, they cut my face up like crazy.

Now I have a beard though, so I only have to shave my neck. One blade lasts me six months.

I don't doubt you but I find this hilarious after recently discovering that the cheap twin blades I bought on vacation are way more gentle than the tri blades I was using. Tri blade razors always leave me with nicks in a easy that twin blade razors don't.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
All razor blades last longer if you drop them into a cup of rubbing alcohol after each use anyways

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.costco.com/Philips-Norelco-OneBlade-with-2-Additional-Blades.product.100377078.html

The Norelco OneBlade is super good for trimming. Wont close shave that well IMHO but its great for a quick trim. I usually take it on trips since its compact.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I started using double-edged safety razors a few years ago? They're both better and cheaper. I'm never going back. Getting people onto cartridges must've been an advertising coup on par with inventing the 'bacon & eggs' breakfast.

The only downside is that you have to be mindful of force and angle. If I shaved all over or had shaky hands, I'd use cartridges. But for normal everyday face-shaving, the safety razor is better and cheaper.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZuceA733A9A

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Friends please.... please!

PBUC

Sorry my friend.

I think there is a shaving megathread in YLLS. I'm sure those guys know a lot.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Good News for Eagles fans

quote:

If you have any inkling that you might want a Costco membership, there’s never been a better time to join. For a limited time, Living Social’s offering Gold Star memberships for their standard price of $60, but throwing in all of the following:

A $20 Costco gift card
Coupon for 72 free AA batteries
Coupon for free disinfecting wipes
$10 off a fresh meat purchase
$25 off a $250 Costco online purchase

If you use all the extra benefits all, that package is worth over $140, so it’s a no brainer if you have a Costco near you.

Note: This is only available for new Costco memberships, not renewals. Sorry!

https://kinjadeals.theinventory.com/if-you-think-you-want-a-costco-membership-todays-the-d-1826565367

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
I was obsessed with Siggis' yogurt and Costco had a 12-pack for $12, but then got rid of it. I've been to three different Costcos. I ain't paying loving 1.69 - 1.99 grocery store prices for 1 jfc

sucks when the costco gets rid of good poo poo

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Xaris posted:

I was obsessed with Siggis' yogurt and Costco had a 12-pack for $12, but then got rid of it. I've been to three different Costcos. I ain't paying loving 1.69 - 1.99 grocery store prices for 1 jfc

sucks when the costco gets rid of good poo poo

Kirkland organic berries and nuts with pumpkin seeds :(

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Good Dog posted:

Well yeah, but what about my legs? How am I going to shave those?

Just let your legs get furry. It's protection from the elements, you know.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Accretionist posted:

I started using double-edged safety razors a few years ago? They're both better and cheaper. I'm never going back. Getting people onto cartridges must've been an advertising coup on par with inventing the 'bacon & eggs' breakfast.

The only downside is that you have to be mindful of force and angle. If I shaved all over or had shaky hands, I'd use cartridges. But for normal everyday face-shaving, the safety razor is better and cheaper.

This is 100% the truth. I spent $35 on a safety razor and something like 50 blades almost two years ago and I'm still using them. Cartridge razors are a waste, even from our blessed Costco.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

For the uninitiated there is a thread about DE razors but I'm phone posting so you will have to find it on your own

It's pretty great though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Picked up 4 new tires from the 'Co today. No line this morning and only took about an hour. Didn't realize it comes with nitrogen fills (and, afaik, free refills of nitrogen).

PBUC