Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Davros1 posted:

They have to protect a young JK Rowling, because as Constantine explains, somehow, inexplicably, she got the intricacies of magic exactly right and now something wants her dead.

But they fail and reality is restored to the way it should have been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
This is 100% going to happen and somehow it's going to culminate in one of the Harry Potter spell words being important to the story, or at the very least used as a zinger when they beat the bad guy, giving Rowling the idea for the spell in the first place.

Also, the episode itself won't make reference to their orientation, but after they leave JK will tell everyone she knows that Sara and Constantine were bisexual all along.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Argue posted:

This is 100% going to happen and somehow it's going to culminate in one of the Harry Potter spell words being important to the story, or at the very least used as a zinger when they beat the bad guy, giving Rowling the idea for the spell in the first place.
If they do this, I will quit watching.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

gently caress, I'm surprised they haven't already. If you had asked me if they had done a JK Rowling gag already I probably would have guess "yes".

After all, the great philosopher Snape once said...

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
We're all set up for a Malfoy guest episode.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The best thing is, I could totally see this show doing an ep where they land in the future on a set of a movie/show that someone is making about them.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The DCEU doesnt deserve a legends movie. Hell the arrowverse barely deserves a legends show. I'd like to see Beebo elbow drop Steppenwolf tho

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Davros1 posted:

The best thing is, I could totally see this show doing an ep where they land in the future on a set of a movie/show that someone is making about them.

Do you think they could get Henry Cavil to play Ray Palmer?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

Do you think they could get Henry Cavil to play Ray Palmer?

Cavil as Ray
Jennifer Lawrence as Sara
Tom Hardy as Constantine
Vin Diesel as Mick

and no one as Nate, because the producers don't think is integral to the story

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Davros1 posted:

Cavil as Ray
Tom Hardy as Constantine
Vin Diesel as Mick

Well you just used up the budget of all 5 dc shows all the way until 2022.

It'd totally be a commentary on the dc comics industry if in the legends movie the studio threw Batman in the team for no reason and gave him credit for 99% of the stuff they accomplish.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I like that when they say "They aren't heroes, they are legends" they are right on 2 levels. They aren't heroes because they are monumental gently caress ups, that's the surface layer. But they have appeared throughout history - there are probably stories from ancient times of a Warrior Goddess clad in white and her Entourage, the Steel Colossus, the Shrinking Man, the intense man who controls fire like it were a pet, and the woman who fought with the savagery of every animal on earth. They have entered the realm of Actual Historical Legend.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

BioEnchanted posted:

Then they have to explain it to everyone else. Except Ray who has taken "Which House are You" online quizzes countless times.

He thinks he should be Ravenclaw but keeps getting Hufflepuff.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Davros1 posted:

Either they go HARD on Sara Lance Time Lesbian or completely ignore it. There's no middleground here.

Crunk Abortion
Mar 5, 2009

Young based lord and I look like JESUS
I’m rewatching Mad Men and it’s become impossible for me to see Caity Lotz in 60’s garb and not see a Time Lesbian about to start a bar fight.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Argue posted:

Also, the episode itself won't make reference to their orientation, but after they leave JK will tell everyone she knows that Sara and Constantine were bisexual all along.

Doctor who already did that

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
It also had Arthur Darvill hopping around time in a sentient time machine but that didn't stop Legends!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Argue posted:

It also had Arthur Darvill hopping around time in a sentient time machine but that didn't stop Legends!

https://twitter.com/RattyBurvil/status/901162852131758080

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

...is that one of the Weeping Angels?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Alter Ego posted:

lmaooooooo i thought it was a triceratops skull my brain sucks

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Alter Ego posted:

[pedant]Well it's A weeping angel in a graveyard while they were shooting Return of the Mack. Darvill was just making a reference in his tweet.[/pedant]

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Davros1 posted:

A wasted opportunity when they actually had amnesia Rip making a movie about the Legends in the George Lucas episode.

bobkatt013 posted:

Doctor who already did that

Yeah only instead of JK Rowling it was Shakespeare.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

http://tvline.com/2018/06/05/legends-of-tomorrow-season-4-keiynan-lonsdale-leaving-series-regular/

Wally going back to Flash for the time being

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
THIS IS TOO MUCH BULLSHIT

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

God. DAMNIT. :mad:

STOP BEING SO lovely TO WALLY, DCTV UNIVERSE AAAARRRRGHHHH!!!!

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 6, 2018

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GobiasIndustries posted:

Hey, maybe the Flash writers learned their lesson from this. "Treat Wally properly this year, or Legends is going to take him away again."

Also Jared Leto got a solo Joker movie greenlit today, so DCTV is still lightyears behind the DCEU in terms of amazeballs suicidal boneheaded choices.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
I remember when "Do right by your characters or we'll make them Legends." was a threat not a promise. Thank Beebo those days are behind us.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Honestly, contract-wise, they should just treat all four shows (and maybe Black Lightning) as one single production and give the cast more freedom to cross-pollinate between shows at either their or the writers' convenience. It's probably insane and unfeasible and would be a logistical nightmare, but as a fan in terms of character interplay, I kinda want them to treat every episode as a potential Earth-X level crossover.

Like, I want an episode where the Legends crash the Waverider in National City and Winn needs to help them fix the thing. Or Ollie calls in Caitlin, Cisco and Ralph to help him deal with a weird-rear end meta. Or Barry calls Kara for help with something, but she can't make it, but hey Clark's available, and they celebrate afterwards by running the World's Finest race. Or Ollie breaks out of prison and instead of going back to Star City he lays low in Freeland for a few weeks and decides to try and figure out what the hell's up with this Black Lightning dude everyone's talking about.

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 6, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Actually he's not really going to be on Flash either.

https://deadline.com/2018/06/the-flash-legends-of-tomorrow-keiynan-lonsdale-the-cw-1202404216/

He's not going to be a series regular on either show.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

muscles like this! posted:

https://deadline.com/2018/06/the-flash-legends-of-tomorrow-keiynan-lonsdale-the-cw-1202404216/

i think my initial take aged very well:

GobiasIndustries posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Poor Wally :(

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
What the gently caress!

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I now believe that the Weeping Angel in his last episode as Rory actually sent him to Legends somehow and when this one strikes he'll end up in, I don't know, Agents of SHIELD or something as a completely different character

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Chokes McGee posted:

I now believe that the Weeping Angel in his last episode as Rory actually sent him to Legends somehow and when this one strikes he'll end up in, I don't know, Agents of SHIELD or something as a completely different character

A completely different character that travels around in a sentient, lady time machine, working for the Time uhhhh Royalty. One of his subordinates will be named Rory.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

cool kids inc. posted:

A completely different character that travels around in a sentient, lady time machine, working for the Time uhhhh Royalty. One of his subordinates will be named Rory.

He’s going to end up being the Chronocon looking after Space Fitz while Enoch is off doing Enoch things.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
That would be amazing.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

This seems less like the shows themselves being lovely to him and more like he's making a personal choice related to his own mental well being.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

GAG REEEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRzz6-PcL74

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Nodosaur posted:

This seems less like the shows themselves being lovely to him and more like he's making a personal choice related to his own mental well being.

yeah as long as that's the case, I still think it sucks but good on him for doing what's best for his own life. I still hate it because Wally on Legends owned but it is what it is. He drat well better show up in the crossover episodes, at least.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Lol blocked by WB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Wouldn't that just be the whole season?