Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

BlackJosh posted:

Snyder is a very good character. What a sneaky little weasel.

I liked how he was able to weasel his way out of the situation by reading and manipulating Vincent correctly.

basically giving him the promise that saving the Click was the right thing to do and there wouldn't be consequences for anyone else the camp since he could make a good deal with the Occupation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
Rip Charlie. It should have been Blankface McMullet

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

VictorianQueerLit posted:

Rip Charlie. It should have been Blankface McMullet

He was shaping up to be a mini-Broussard

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Seriously, I'm usually all for child actors leaving shows, but considering how finding Charlie was such a huge part of the show and how strong the character was, I would have preferred him not dying.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Does this mean we're gonna get Snyder interacting with the IGA or something or is Jacobson leaving the show or what

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

precision posted:

Does this mean we're gonna get Snyder interacting with the IGA or something or is Jacobson leaving the show or what

He never seems to get what he wants even when he lucks out and gets a temporary position of power.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I kind of hated Snyder (even though I love Jacobson) but man he has grown on me, and he's right about way more than he's wrong about.

Also hell yeah get hosed budget-rate Alex Jones!

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rocksicles posted:

The sister was primed to be the dead child. Charlie was a tough kid.

Disagree. She's just a zero, Charlie was actively annoying.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Charlie was actively annoying until about halfway through last season when he suddenly came into his own.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Disagree. She's just a zero, Charlie was actively annoying.

The girl totally voted for Kodos. She can't be trusted. Charlie and Blankface were team alpha zulu

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I'm curious as to whether they're going to ignore the religious cult angle, they've established a long while ago.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Didn't they say Seattle was lousy with them? Or was that another CA city?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was another colony in California.

They could always re-introduce it in Seattle but it might just be done with since they've whittled the cast down so severely this season.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

precision posted:

I kind of hated Snyder (even though I love Jacobson) but man he has grown on me, and he's right about way more than he's wrong about.

The actor is really good for the role.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

precision posted:

Like a fungus! Seriously though, you're right, he's great.

I can't remember now, did we specifically see not-Alex Jones die, or was he probably one of the "insignificant escapees". I know Snyder pointed out a leader in the bodies but I don't know if we saw it or not. After his slimy rear end past, I can see him ordering some minions to suicide to give him time to escape.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

counterfeitsaint posted:

I can't remember now, did we specifically see not-Alex Jones die, or was he probably one of the "insignificant escapees". I know Snyder pointed out a leader in the bodies but I don't know if we saw it or not. After his slimy rear end past, I can see him ordering some minions to suicide to give him time to escape.

Yeah, he was framed up pretty clearly iirc, just died offscreen no big deal paid to it.

muscles like this! posted:

Just want to point out that "Alex Jones guy" was played by Graham McTavish who is also on Preacher as the Saint of Killers. He's got a good crazy face.
yessssssssss thats where hes from

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Jun 4, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just want to point out that "Alex Jones guy" was played by Graham McTavish who is also on Preacher as the Saint of Killers. He's got a good crazy face.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

let's not forget that charlie's last act on earth was to use his kid sister as bait, so they could make their escape

he was a good kid.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

counterfeitsaint posted:

Yeah he definitely got killed during the destruction of the whole resistance camp by the redhats.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017
It's my fault because I wasn't paying that much attention and had it on in the background but all of the timeskipping also confused me on the fate of bald alex jones.

They flash to the camp being completely destroyed, then back to the camp not being destroyed, then flash to bald alex jones and Vincent hiding in a cave talking about how everyone was dead but they saved the robot(which was a flashback I thought was a flash forward), then back to the camp not being destroyed. When they just killed him unceremoniously off screen and didn't even show his face in the pile of bodies I was a little confused.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jun 4, 2018

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

When they just killed him unceremoniously off screen and didn't even show his face in the pile of bodies I was a little confused.

But his face was shown when Snyder is forced to identify who was the resistance camp leader.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Holy poo poo, I did not recognize him at all. Probably because he barely ever talks in Preacher but still.

Also I'm pretty sure there was a line about how Seattle is composed like entirely of The Greatest Day people.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

etalian posted:

But his face was shown when Snyder is forced to identify who was the resistance camp leader.

i apparently missed that and i blame Colony for not engaging me and refuse to take responsibility for my actions

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

i apparently missed that and i blame Colony for not engaging me and refuse to take responsibility for my actions

Would you say you...

...missed the forest for the trees? :j:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

He reminded me a lot of Terry O'Quinn.

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
Hardly anyone in Colony gets killed ceremoniously, people just get gibbed by drones or shot by nameless footsoldiers no matter if their name is in the credits or not.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just don't know why serious genre shows keep trying to have children in them. For every one Lady Mormont there's like, ten thousand bad ones.

Like if you can't find a good child actor then just age them up until you find someone who can do the role

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

CeeJee posted:

Hardly anyone in Colony gets killed ceremoniously, people just get gibbed by drones or shot by nameless footsoldiers no matter if their name is in the credits or not.

The gibbing is admittedly impressive.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CeeJee posted:

Remember Will's ex-partner who got a whole backstory episode and helped him get Charlie?

Which reminds me, I'm glad they haven't forgotten that whole thing about Will somehow being on a drone "Do Not Kill" list.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I wish Alex Jones had a cameo in all the resistance camp scenes.

The aliens turned all the frogs gay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Remember Will's ex-partner who got a whole backstory episode and helped him get Charlie?

Bo? I legit don't remember a Bo origin story episode, and I was expecting one. I might have slept through an episode.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
He pre-arrival partner, who was doing shady poo poo and could afford a house in Santa Monica on a cops salary or something.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Which reminds me, I'm glad they haven't forgotten that whole thing about Will somehow being on a drone "Do Not Kill" list.

With the Clicks being a conscious in a robot body I wonder if there isn't some time travel fuckery going on, and the ancestors of the current Clicks are on the "No Kill" list to keep any weird paradoxes from popping up. I liked this as a casual summer show but this season I've found I'm actually looking forward to it each week. I really wasn't expecting Charlie to bite it. One of the issues I had with the show the larger mythology unfolds to slowly, I'm loving them actually doing something with it this season. Hopefully they don't just put off the new alien threat until the last episode or push everything to season 4 ( if they get one).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

counterfeitsaint posted:

He pre-arrival partner, who was doing shady poo poo and could afford a house in Santa Monica on a cops salary or something.

OHHHHHH her, yeah I remember that episode now.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Your Gay Uncle posted:

With the Clicks being a conscious in a robot body I wonder if there isn't some time travel fuckery going on, and the ancestors of the current Clicks are on the "No Kill" list to keep any weird paradoxes from popping up. I liked this as a casual summer show but this season I've found I'm actually looking forward to it each week. I really wasn't expecting Charlie to bite it. One of the issues I had with the show the larger mythology unfolds to slowly, I'm loving them actually doing something with it this season. Hopefully they don't just put off the new alien threat until the last episode or push everything to season 4 ( if they get one).

I feel like the most obvious twist is that the Clicks were made by humans far in the future and only a few hundred "people" still exist because of the other race that's coming. The Raps being kind of dicks isn't intentional and they don't even know they're being dicks really. It's gonna turn out that the reason they arrived and slammed down walls and immediately started up the Factory etc is because there just wasn't time to be nice or explain anything, and also probably the Claps have forgotten what being a human in a body is like and some of the stuff we see as oppressive is them just not "getting it".

And if they do go that route, that's fine, it would be a guessable twist that doesn't suck for once.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
They seem to have come a long way getting chased by The Enemy so I kinda doubt it's a time travel thing

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

counterfeitsaint posted:

They seem to have come a long way getting chased by The Enemy so I kinda doubt it's a time travel thing

A long way...

...through TIIIIIIIME :science:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

precision posted:

I feel like the most obvious twist is that the Clicks were made by humans far in the future and only a few hundred "people" still exist because of the other race that's coming. The Raps being kind of dicks isn't intentional and they don't even know they're being dicks really. It's gonna turn out that the reason they arrived and slammed down walls and immediately started up the Factory etc is because there just wasn't time to be nice or explain anything, and also probably the Claps have forgotten what being a human in a body is like and some of the stuff we see as oppressive is them just not "getting it".

And if they do go that route, that's fine, it would be a guessable twist that doesn't suck for once.

Yeah this is sorta where I'm at as well but I think the clicks being humans is the weakest route...

-Humanity in the far future gets attacked by something super advanced even by their standards.
-Fighting lasts generations and humanity becomes completely warped in the process, culminating in the Clicks and brain balls being the defacto way of life in a constant alien future war.
-Or maybe there were normal humans in the future but in order to survive time travel you need to be in a brain ball and they could only build a few hundred before it was too late?
-Civilization gets wiped out, and in a last ditch effort to save itself humanity builds the Wall Arc, loads it up with the last of humanity and sends it back in time to begin building a super weapon
-Maybe they steal the time travel tech from the advanced attackers? idk. Time Travel is where I think the explanation gets a little weak and I'd prefer if it was just another group of aliens.

Whatever they are, this season has been what I've been hoping this show would be since it started. Juuust enough of a peek behind the curtain but still a gently caress ton of unanswered questions.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah, that sounds about what I was thinking

I also am thinking it might come into play as part of the whole "they don't know they're treating us badly" thing if they think of bodies as totally disposable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonderval
Sep 10, 2011
I kinda don't want a twist reveal, can it not just be dick aliens dragging there lovely war onto our planet and not giving a gently caress?

• Locked thread