Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Did you see the screenshot of the Jagme?

All the screenshots I saw only had the power slot highlighted with a power ammo brick, so I'm not sure if it's weapon or slot specific, or if they've discussed how ammo works if it's weapon specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

metasynthetic posted:

70 dollars lmao

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

ItBreathes posted:

All the screenshots I saw only had the power slot highlighted with a power ammo brick, so I'm not sure if it's weapon or slot specific, or if they've discussed how ammo works if it's weapon specific.

I'm gonna use two swords and stick a handcannon in my heavy slot so I can only shoot when I pick up heavy.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was excited about the annual pass and what Bungie showed off today until I saw the $70 price tag for the new content. Yikes.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
literally everything you saw cost 40 dollars, not 70.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Well if you squint real hard a 4 kind of looks like a 7 I guess

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah
Implying you aren't going to be gate limited by not having the annual pass content

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

all i ever asked was for this to cost less than 70 and more than 0

and Bungie D E L I V E R E D

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

With the way Items are framed, I think items will now go in any slot but the slots are controlled by the kind of brick you use to fill it.

It might be that putting a shotgun in the kinetic will make kinetic bricks rarer.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Bungie’s one weird trick to make you buy the same game again every year. Gamers hate them!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Any of the annual pass content won't be released till a few months after Forsaken so that'll be plenty of time to decide whether or not you like D2 now and want to spend 30 more bucks.

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

1stGear posted:

Any of the annual pass content won't be released till a few months after Forsaken so that'll be plenty of time to decide whether or not you like D2 now and want to spend 30 more bucks.

that still sounds like 70 dollar dlc to me

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
it's only $70 if you want to be able to play the game when the new expansion pass content comes out

otherwise it's only $40!

a bargain

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What if I also include the $20 for Warmind and/or the $20 for Osiris?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Brinner posted:

that still sounds like 70 dollar dlc to me

no I’m pretty sure it’s a $40 DLC

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What if I also include the $20 for Warmind and/or the $20 for Osiris?

oh right

so $90 on top of the $12 humble bundle copy of D2 for 8 hours of game

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Talk about owned!

queef anxiety
Mar 4, 2009

yeah

Legs Benedict posted:

no I’m pretty sure it’s a $40 DLC

does the season pass for the dlc come free with the dlc then or am i missing something. I'm sure the extra content will be fun optional extras and def won't have an impact on end game grind/gear like previous dlc

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I may just wait until the next expansion tbh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

This is being super stupid and dishonest.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Naahhh

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Brinner posted:

does the season pass for the dlc come free with the dlc then or am i missing something. I'm sure the extra content will be fun optional extras and def won't have an impact on end game grind/gear like previous dlc

The Foresaken expansion coming out in September is $40, the other expansions coming out next year cost extra. Hence the annual pass that includes them. Anyone who thinks they won't be required is being dense as gently caress.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
sounds like a cool expansion but lol if i'm paying for it

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

I said come in! posted:

This is being super stupid and dishonest.

what? no it isnt, it's literally the truth. people are getting mad about having to pay 30 dollars for content when they have no idea what it even entails.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The problem is that at $40 it's going to be only 75% of the quality of D2, which was $60, and thus even worse

If you consider it to be $70 then it is actually 16.7% more content than Destiny 2 the $60 product, but the content was bad and so it is 16.7% more bad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

what? no it isnt, it's literally the truth. people are getting mad about having to pay 30 dollars for content when they have no idea what it even entails.

Yikes....

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
give your mother my condolences, it must be very hard to raise a child who never learned third grade math

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You can't even get the amount right for the standard edition. Like this is exactly why Bungie does what they do...

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
The people being dense are the ones who are saying you have to drop $70 up front.

In September they're selling the meat and potatoes for $40. If after a couple of months you want to keep up with their seasonal end game content, it's $30.

$70 dollars for a year's worth of video game playing. Welcome to Activision.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

el B posted:

The people being dense are the ones who are saying you have to drop $70 up front.

In September they're selling the meat and potatoes for $40. If after a couple of months you want to keep up with their seasonal end game content, it's $30.

$70 dollars for a year's worth of video game playing. Welcome to Activision.

if they're like any other company, the "small" packages will cost more as a non-season pass, so if you do it your way you're going to be paying even more

for a grand total of 8 hours of content in a game people still attempt to call an MMO

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
30 dollars is the cost of the non-forsaken content, which we have literally zero idea about beyond the fact 'it will exist', what it's called, and that it will cost 30 dollars.

if you start selling magazine subscriptions now maybe you'll scrounge up 30 dollars by winter, the first time ownership of the season pass will matter.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
if you start playing destiny 2 now you might finish all the available content before you manage to come up with another sick burn like that

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i pvp so i have a functionally limitless amount of content at my disposal. i have no idea how people who don't enjoy crucible actually justify playing this game at all.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

if they're like any other company, the "small" packages will cost more as a non-season pass, so if you do it your way you're going to be paying even more

for a grand total of 8 hours of content in a game people still attempt to call an MMO

You're right!

And I don't play mmos so you got me on that one.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i pvp so i have a functionally limitless amount of content at my disposal. i have no idea how people who don't enjoy crucible actually justify playing this game at all.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I said come in! posted:

The Foresaken expansion coming out in September is $40, the other expansions coming out next year cost extra. Hence the annual pass that includes them. Anyone who thinks they won't be required is being dense as gently caress.

This is literally how the Destiny payment model has worked since the first game how are people still shocked by this.

Like, I remember pre-release people explaining that it wasn't a monthly subscription but you had to buy the DLCs to keep up. Were people expecting WoW-style content patches or something?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

imagine paying a subscription for destiny 2

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

PlayStation 4 exclusives for Forsaken are kinda sorta out:

quote:

At launch, PlayStation® gamers will get access to the following timed exclusive content*: a strike, one gear set per class, a new ship and an exotic weapon. At Destiny 2: Forsaken’s launch, the previously released Destiny 2 launch timed exclusives will be made available for all platforms.

*Timed exclusives until at least Fall 2019

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh and it was announced that all previous exclusive launch DLC would be made available to all platforms too when Foreskin comes out.

Pumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

ItBreathes posted:

I've heard two separate mentions that weapons will use their intended ammo. Hopefully not the case because that would be stupid.

• Locked thread