Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Poor Endorsi. She misses the days when she was at the cutting edge of the power creep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Young Jahad looks like Wangnan Jah, I wonder if he's his dad or something because we never got the full explanation of the Jahad ring from Karaka.

e: blah blach king, bitch ur not even the number one rank outside gently caress off

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jun 6, 2018

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

EmmyOk posted:

Young Jahad looks like Wangnan Jah, I wonder if he's his dad or something because we never got the full explanation of the Jahad ring from Karaka.

e: blah blach king, bitch ur not even the number one rank outside gently caress off

Pretty much explicit when Wangan appears that he is somehow related to jahad and further stuff says Jahad banged some ladies of the evening and had sons.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!

Sindai posted:

Poor Endorsi. She misses the days when she was at the cutting edge of the power creep.

Well, the top princesses outrank most of the family heads, and supposedly the strongest (Adori) is so much more powerful than her immediate rival (Garam iirc) that it isn't even close. So there's growth potential in the job yet.

Granted, I sort of wonder if most of the family heads are even trying at this point.

e: as much as I hope Jahad hasn't just spent ten thousand odd years pining away for Arlene, I suspect that the princes are an abandoned experiment with his power and genetics along the lines of the princesses. Supposedly Wagnan is as old as Karaka, for example, but was delayed in beginning to climb the Tower for a very long time somehow. Also I seem to recall there being a set number of rings.

Hodgepodge fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 6, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
There's "several" rings, but we only know of the two so far. It's pretty clear that the implication that there's more, especially since the rings together form half of the key of the Tower which allegedly grants access to floor 135. The 13 Month weapons make the other half of it, which makes sense when you remember that they were originally made for Zahard and all 12 of the 10 Great Family heads and all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hodgepodge posted:

e: as much as I hope Jahad hasn't just spent ten thousand odd years pining away for Arlene, I suspect that the princes are an abandoned experiment with his power and genetics along the lines of the princesses. Supposedly Wagnan is as old as Karaka, for example, but was delayed in beginning to climb the Tower for a very long time somehow. Also I seem to recall there being a set number of rings.

they're brothers not twins

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Wangan can still be very very very old if he was born in one of those no aging zones. Look at Baam, its pretty much stated his body is ten thousand odd years old. Though in his case we don't know what shenanigans went on via his mom or others before he woke up.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bam being so kind to his sworn enemy, he is the sweetest boy.

E:
RACHEL YOUY loving BITCH

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Jun 6, 2018

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.

EmmyOk posted:

RACHEL YOUY loving BITCH

amen

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It took me ages to realize that Endorsi has a horn and that she didn't just have a really weird partly receded hairline.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Ytlaya posted:

It took me ages to realize that Endorsi has a horn and that she didn't just have a really weird partly receded hairline.
Holy poo poo.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

iirc wangnan's name read backwards is literally "i'm the prince"

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

EmmyOk posted:

The ranking system has a whole lot of guesswork going on at the top ranks because most of these people have never met.

Also Phantaminum is semi canon the strongest person to have been in the tower but also immediately hosed off forever out of the story according to SIU. Semi canon only because IIRC SIU kinda wants to have not written that bit but there's no take backs on it so he/she/it was Just Passing Through. No one knows if anyone other than Enryu could kill an administrator because probably no one else has ever even thought about it, ever.

Urek vs Jahad is probably the only semi fair match at the top there and they are unlikely to meet and fight ever because they're not really at odds with each other since apparently what Urek wants to do is leave to someplace new and exciting.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Shugojin posted:

The ranking system has a whole lot of guesswork going on at the top ranks because most of these people have never met.

Also Phantaminum is semi canon the strongest person to have been in the tower but also immediately hosed off forever out of the story according to SIU. Semi canon only because IIRC SIU kinda wants to have not written that bit but there's no take backs on it so he/she/it was Just Passing Through. No one knows if anyone other than Enryu could kill an administrator because probably no one else has ever even thought about it, ever.

Urek vs Jahad is probably the only semi fair match at the top there and they are unlikely to meet and fight ever because they're not really at odds with each other since apparently what Urek wants to do is leave to someplace new and exciting.

Phanta still has some story consequences. His appearance there is what led Urek, who was trying to find him for some reason, into the Tower and is why Urek is stuck right now.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

oh my god

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I only found out like an hour before that post from her wiki page. It just looks like her fringe in so many panels

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

Ytlaya posted:

What. I always thought it was just a style thing.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Another easily miss-able weird body thing is Ja Wangnan's red neck hook thingies.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
It's a little funny to see you all realizing just now that Androssi has a horn. It kinda reminds me of when I mentioned Aanak's eyes...

Hirethor posted:

P.S. The more I look at Anak's eyes, the more mesmerizing they become. At first it looks like there's just light reflections on them, but then you pay attention and realize that her eyes are like that all the time :stare:
eg.

Edit: IN THE YEAR OF OUR LORD TWO-THOUSAND AND THIRTEEN

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I think we should all take a moment of silence to remember Prince.

He was one of my favorite members of Team Sweet and Sour, and I am sad that he is dead.

edit: Him and Miseng were cute together (not romantically, but as a brother/sister sorta thing)

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

There is some sad, poetic aptness in Team Sweet and Sour being undone by a person who eats other people.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Finally someone who won't whine about what an unfair monster Bam is.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Episode 305

Wherein, Jahad steps in to tell Baam to stop it with the powerups but also where to look for the next one

Coffee Mugshot fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jun 11, 2018

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Well that was a good cliffhanger.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Wasn't expecting the real Jahad to show up so soon but that is a good cliffhanger.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well thats an ending

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

I really like this part in videogames when you finally leveled a bit, got some stronger skills and a decent gear and then they just casually drop the endgame boss on your head to remind you that nope, you still have some hundred hours of grinding in front of you.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Well goddamn that is one way to end a chapter :stare: I thought he was supposed to be sleeping!

I think a big part about why I like Rachel so much is that she's on the path I thought Bam would be on when I first started the series. When Bam enters the Tower as an irregular he seems totally at odds with the other irregulars Evan and Yuri talk about. He's not giant and strong like Urek or a rampaging warmachine like Pentaminum he's just a normal kid who wants to find a girl. So that's what I thought he'd be, just a normal kid trying to succeed even though he doesn't have the expected immense power of an irregular. In the end he turned out to be the chosen one and instead it's Rachel who's the normal person doing everything she can to ascend she just happens to be a baddie not the hero. I keep expecting her to have an even remotely redeeming scene though and then she attempts to kill Aguero or something :negative:

One thing I'm really curious about too is why Edahn and Gustang have some violently opposing views about V. I wonder if Edahn on the outside would agree with his data counterpart.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

maybe the reason nobody has known where he is all this time is he's been hiding out in a bit of the data world only he can access

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Jose posted:

maybe the reason nobody has known where he is all this time is he's been hiding out in a bit of the data world only he can access

EmmyOk posted:

I thought he was supposed to be sleeping!

I'm not sure this is Jahad, like, directly teleporting from the top floor to the Data World just to blow it up. Baby Jahad says it'll cause his "power" to interfere, rather than Jahad himself. I believe this is merely an impression of the real Jahad's power, rather than the real Jahad suddenly showing up and doing things. It's like a shadow clone that he left behind with enough power to blow this whole place up once it's served its purpose in finding a worth challenge. That's my guess, at least.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 11, 2018

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 251 days!
It's confirmed in the author blog that this is just part of the real Jahad's power in data form. Which is weird, but whatever this is a comic with a character who is an alligator man.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I don't get the spoilers, but didn't we start this entire sub-arc with big boy Jahad looking through some old train memories and wondering why there was a talking alligator there? It doesn't seem too far-fetched that he's like "alright, mirror world experiment over" now that folks are literally trying to break out into the real world with computer-generated bodies.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Coffee Mugshot posted:

I don't get the spoilers, but didn't we start this entire sub-arc with big boy Jahad looking through some old train memories and wondering why there was a talking alligator there? It doesn't seem too far-fetched that he's like "alright, mirror world experiment over" now that folks are literally trying to break out into the real world with computer-generated bodies.

I though it was the data Jahad spying on newcomers?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I think outside jahad got another mirror and came by and dropped it off with a chunk of him in it, since like mazino he is at this point way too buff to actually fit in the mirror world, though that means that the data of young urek can possibly match portion of current jahad's power.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

So is there a chance of the data people escaping with real bodies? I'm guessing no but I'm not sure if I misread or something

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is Mazino his own worst enemy btw? I just kind of blasted through the most recent chapters

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

EmmyOk posted:

Is Mazino his own worst enemy btw? I just kind of blasted through the most recent chapters

His worst enemy is a flawed version of himself. Dude has his own name tattood om his back, there's a bit of ego involved.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

A version of himself that he hates. Like how Baam's hated enemy is Viole.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That's his enemy? I thought he was just the data copy that everyone who clears the hidden floor leaves behind. But I had no idea Androssi had a horn so I'm an idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah that's what's confusing me. I thought it was his enemy bur then they mention he's an error from when Urek's clear data copy failed