Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oh god please don't limit the controls to work with a single joycon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it's going to be legendia r

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tales of Zestiria 2 starring Alisha and Rose and they get married halfway through and also the gameplay and equipment system don't suck.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jun 5, 2018

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

chumbler posted:

Tales of Zestiria 2 starring Alisha and Rose and they get married halfway through and also the gameplay doesn't suck.

that's the anime

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i cant read

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Isn't anyone ever going to take Laphicet's slave collar off? Am I the only one bothered by that?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Amppelix posted:

Isn't anyone ever going to take Laphicet's slave collar off? Am I the only one bothered by that?

smh if you haven't taken it off yourself to give him some badass accessories

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Laphicet gets the cowboy hat and it never comes off.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The Colonel posted:

smh if you haven't taken it off yourself to give him some badass accessories

You can't, it comes with the robe. And I like the robe!

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I kind of liked that detail with Laphi because its a nice visual reminder about how his relationship with Velvet is always a little off throughout a lot the game.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Right, here's another niggle I had with the combat in Berseria: the quickstep controls via flicking the stick are complete unreliable trash, and you can't turn them off. I can't do it when I want to and I will when I don't. Often I find myself quickstepping when I just wanted to stop moving and returned the stick to neutral slightly too forcefully. Thankfully quickstepping is usually something you want to be doing anyway so it doesn't get me killed or anything, but it's just a bit annoying to not have the controls entirely obey me.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://gematsu.com/2018/06/tales-of-vesperia-10th-anniversary-remaster-website-discovered

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

dang

e: I have actually very little idea what the added ps3 content was like so I am pretty stoked

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I'm down with that

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I hope they can remaster the combat to be good. It was slow and mediocre at the time and I can't even imagine how badly it's aged in 10 years.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oh poo poo I was just complaining in the RPG thread how I still haven't played ToV, they heard me!!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
well at least i'll be able to play it sooner

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Vesperia was the main reason I got a 360. The other reason was Star Ocean, which my roommate and I refuse to ever speak of again.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Vesperia was the only reason I hanged on to my 360 far longer than I wanted to so it'd be nice to posthumously close that book so I can feel better about eventually selling it.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Oh my god, Eizen's secret underground tunnels

Eizen is 100% the best character in the game. Any time he's wrong about something is instantly gold.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

That's kind of disappointing. I'd rather get Graces on my PS4 before Vesperia.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

man, what's going to happen to Tales online presence now that there won't be Vesperia port begging anymore.

it's like the series just vanished overnight.

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Jun 6, 2018

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

If it's just an upressed port I doubt this is the only thing they have going on.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I’m not sure I’m ready for someone who’s not Troy Baker to be playing Yuri :(

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Matt Mercer can probably do an indistinguishable performance anyway, wouldn't be the first time.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
I am excited about a ps3 Vesperia port. If it's just an up rez I'll be disappointed but I'll buy the heck out of it anyway.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wonder what system it'll come for.

... Maybe all of them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Wonder what system it'll come for.

... Maybe all of them.

Definitely switch since Bamco's pretty committed to that.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
definitely switch, probably ps4 and pc since bamco's made pc one of their main platforms

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

looking forward to the Xbox One only localization

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Cake Attack posted:

looking forward to the Xbox One only localization

that's just saying it'll get a windows 10 exclusive release

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

it's coming to xbox one

as a backwards compatible title only, fooled ya assholes, ah hahahahaha

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Finally, I can play ToV.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

The biggest addition to PS3 vesperia is playing as repede on the overworld

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

ROFL Octopus posted:

The biggest addition to PS3 vesperia is playing as repede on the overworld

Holy poo poo. Now I'm genuinely excited.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Dangerous encounters in Berseria are like, too dangerous. Yes yes, I know it's in the name. Instead of containing about two encounters worth of enemies, it seems like they have about 5x more enemies than normal, on top of which their status effect rates are jacked up to almost 100%. And you don't really get anything besides a couple extra grade for doing them! So whenever you start one of these you're putting yourself at extreme risk for nothing gained, really. What exactly is supposed to be the point?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
to clean up mobs quicker and get more grade, I guess

but yes they will have the right number of enemies for however many mobs you dragged into the encounter, only instead of attacking at once enemies from the next mob will spawn in as you kill the first, so it's hard to gauge how many each mob had as they get all mixed together

if you mix three or more mobs together then you're in for a fight, but just two is alright and shouldn't pose much of a problem, or just ignore the whole mechanic and dodge like you mean it

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Will it really have the right number? It doesn't feel that way. The last one that I just died to was a two-enemy encounter and I'm sure I killed at least ten enemies and yet there were five still on the field, while 12 should be the maximum. There were also way too many apes, those enemies are 3 max per encounter.

But yeah I like the idea of enemy chaining but I feel it's been done a lot better in other games. I keep doing them every now and then just for the thrill of it but for a challenge that's harder than many actual bosses you really should get something back.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I pulled together four once and that was a choice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I don't know how deep into the game you are, but I found that it wasn't worth fighting unless it was a dangerous encounter (whenever possible). The rewards you get are just so much better.