Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Oh man there's an achievement named after smash bros

Edit: Blake has scorpion spear and she yells get over here for it.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
BBTag is cool and good and lots of fun and oh god i'm so bad.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Watchin Nu against this Tager/Waldstein team is so sad.

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/grid/UP0036-CUSA11192_00-BBTAGPS400001000/1?relationship=add-ons

Remember to add BBTAG's free DLC to your PSN account before they charge for it. Even if you don't have the game you should always "buy" the free DLC for fighting games just in case you get the game later.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I was excited to play BBTAG tonight, but trying to go full screen with it crashed my video driver to the point where my PC couldn't detect the graphics card any more. I will be waiting a patch to fix this, and the other issues I've been hearing about the PC version.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nm im dumb again

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jun 6, 2018

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
The combo they tell you to do works perfectly fine though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

j.A with Gord hits twice, you need to wait till the second hit connects to hit j.B and then jump cancel

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

j.A with Gord hits twice, you need to wait till the second hit connects to hit j.B and then jump cancel

Oh ok i get it

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Commissar Ken posted:

Unless you're Noel Brown. Then they do criminal poo poo that makes you cringe and they let it slide. Between him and Marn walking around with loving leprosy or whatever it was that year and the 900 other things hes done I always crack up when people talk about how scummy the Smash players are. Everyone is a scumbag whether they play fighting games or "fighting games"

Until someone in the FGC commits a literal rape at EVO, or gets the pool @ CEO closed down for making GBS threads in it, Smashers still edge out the Marvel community in scumminess.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

EDIT: Nope not worth that race to the bottom.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Jun 6, 2018

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Shiki Dan posted:

Until someone in the FGC commits a literal rape at EVO, or gets the pool @ CEO closed down for making GBS threads in it, Smashers still edge out the Marvel community in scumminess.

Jinmaster IIRC and Marn with leprosy plus weird stain stories with Art and Ricki.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jinmaster is definitely the worst

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Commissar Ken posted:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Shiki Dan posted:

Until someone in the FGC commits a literal rape

this has happened

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Commissar Ken posted:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Most competitors are just out there trying to become stronger at their chosen game, whatever it may be. We share that same fighter's spirit in our hearts, it is time to set aside our petty squabbles, embrace one another and come together as one, great big band of idiot warriors on our unwinnable quests, and share in the truth that we are not defined by the bracket-rigging, plague-spreading actual criminals who exist in our communities.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

Hyper Inferno posted:

I was excited to play BBTAG tonight, but trying to go full screen with it crashed my video driver to the point where my PC couldn't detect the graphics card any more. I will be waiting a patch to fix this, and the other issues I've been hearing about the PC version.

there's a fix on the steam forums

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bbtag repeatedly crashed on startup because i had a word processor open

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

anime was right posted:

bbtag repeatedly crashed on startup because i had a word processor open

Famous video game cheating tool Microsoft Word

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Open Word
Type "make my character gooder =1"
Save as config.txt

Checkmate Arcsys.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

if you have the lyrics for red like roses ii open in word youre basically cheating

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Night Blade posted:

So what's the verdict on Cross Tag? I've been in the mood for a fighting game but with SF30th anniversary dead on steam already, I was looking at this.

Anime fighters on Steam die faster than anything else, so if that's your criteria I'd look for something else. UNIEL sold less than 50k copies total and has <50 max daily concurrent players these days.

Tekken 7 is by far the healthiest FG on Steam now, followed by SFV.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
DBZFighterZz has double the active players of SFV according to the steamspies.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Melty Blood has more active players on Steam than Marvel Infinite, insofar as you can trust Steamspy numbers.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The real answer is wait for the surprise E3 reveal of MORTAL KOMBAT XI IS OUT NOW.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Cross Tag is pretty rad. Got a couple of freezes (PS4) online where I think some things are hanging in between round/game network stuff getting stuck, one even had to close the app and re-launch, overall smooth experience jumping into ranked for ~25 matches last night. Got dishearteningly wrecked for a handful of rounds but turned it around and had a bunch of good games. I love that assists take real damage, got a quick win that made me go 'huh?' cause I didn't notice I was hitting their assists for mad damage with Nu 13.

Rockin Noel and 13 cause they both look groovy doin gun cartwheels and anime mech stuff, but I'm not sure what Noel's gameplan really is..? Jumping B looks like an ambiguous crossup into combo, and it seems her st.B rekkas can be used for frame traps, not sure if it has high/low mixup so need to lab that out more, and there's the long range command throw into combo if they're scared into blocking the rekka chains. 13 is great after trying for about 10 seconds to use Frieza to zone in DBZF but I've got a lot of work to be less button mashy and more bullet hell boss-ey. What's up with her name? No 13? Nu? Nu 13? The team's intro is way too long but groovy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pDq4tQh_pA

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Double Bill posted:

Anime fighters on Steam die faster than anything else, so if that's your criteria I'd look for something else. UNIEL sold less than 50k copies total and has <50 max daily concurrent players these days.

because the newest version isn't out on pc yet so everyone either dropped the game entirely or sucked it up and played console. every other anime fighter has more people playing online via steam than console past the first week or two, the player retention is way higher.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

teh_Broseph posted:

Cross Tag is pretty rad. Got a couple of freezes (PS4) online where I think some things are hanging in between round/game network stuff getting stuck, one even had to close the app and re-launch, overall smooth experience jumping into ranked for ~25 matches last night. Got dishearteningly wrecked for a handful of rounds but turned it around and had a bunch of good games. I love that assists take real damage, got a quick win that made me go 'huh?' cause I didn't notice I was hitting their assists for mad damage with Nu 13.

Rockin Noel and 13 cause they both look groovy doin gun cartwheels and anime mech stuff, but I'm not sure what Noel's gameplan really is..? Jumping B looks like an ambiguous crossup into combo, and it seems her st.B rekkas can be used for frame traps, not sure if it has high/low mixup so need to lab that out more, and there's the long range command throw into combo if they're scared into blocking the rekka chains. 13 is great after trying for about 10 seconds to use Frieza to zone in DBZF but I've got a lot of work to be less button mashy and more bullet hell boss-ey. What's up with her name? No 13? Nu? Nu 13? The team's intro is way too long but groovy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pDq4tQh_pA

people generally call her Nu from what I've seen.

Ultramega
Jul 9, 2004

I don't agree with whoever said UNIST is a hard game. the GRID system is a little weird but once you understand how it operates its much easier to take advantage of it. Pretty much everything you can do in guilty gear you can do in it but the execution barrier is way lower.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the word processor was scrivener fwiw

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Anyone have suggestions for how to deal with Nu and....uh, umbrella girl? I fought a guy running that team last night and just could not do anything it felt like. Everytime i finally managed to get close they'd just knock me away.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
pick gordeau and use his forward assist

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

BrightWing posted:

Anyone have suggestions for how to deal with Nu and....uh, umbrella girl? I fought a guy running that team last night and just could not do anything it felt like. Everytime i finally managed to get close they'd just knock me away.

Bad idea that works: run up and burst
Better idea: jump in while blocking
Best idea: use your own ranged attacks and assists

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Double Bill posted:

Tekken 7 is by far the healthiest FG on Steam now, followed by SFV.

SFV has crossplay though, so even if you play on PC the set of potential opponents also includes PS4 players.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gonna trade in streetfighter for bbtag today, which seems more fun even if half the characters are Dude with a Sword and Trenchcoat/Jacket That Rests On Shoulders

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

darealkooky posted:

pick gordeau and use his forward assist

I feel like this would solve most problems from what I've seen

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Gah amazon still hasn't shipped my copy of BBTAG. Mad jealous of people getting to play with the animes right this second.

How is the first set of DLC characters? It looks like they didn't fix the Kanji glitch or anything?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
When Kanji says "YOU WANT SOME" he doesn't shout it out anymore he just says it very casually, I'm getting a refund

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

CharlestonJew posted:

When Kanji says "YOU WANT SOME" he doesn't shout it out anymore he just says it very casually, I'm getting a refund

It's seriously the most disappointing thing

Also the way all your persona abilities are on a single button (and they all feel sorta slow) makes the persona characters feel sorta bleh with the possible exception of Kanji. That's just a personal feel though, not any sort of statement on balance, Yu in particular feels weird