Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

There can't possibly be any outcome other than him getting fired

bryan is getting a divorce and a contract extension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah he is 100% getting fired, the extra time/investigating is/was almost certainly to get out of his contract.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You guys have a lot of faith in sixers ownership.

I am way more weary

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I hope they bring charts in to diagram who made what tweets. I want them to true detective this poo poo.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

I hope they bring charts in to diagram who made what tweets. I want them to true detective this poo poo.

Wouldn't mind Mac and Dennis squaring off about it like they did about god and science in the cereal episode

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I want a pin board covered in red thread with printed out photos of tweets and pictures of Colangelo and his wife

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/1004387424481538049

The article just says he liked some tweets and articles linking the M. Bridges to the Sixers and everyone already thought they liked them anyway but still like please just fire the dude already. I understand why is taking time but i demand satisfaction now

Jota fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jun 6, 2018

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Jota posted:

The article just says he liked some tweets and articles linking the M. Bridges to the Sixers and everyone already thought they liked them anyway but still like please just fire the dude already. I understand why is taking time but i demand satisfaction now

Smartest move would put in an interim GM for the draft and FA and make "Pick your GM, or poo poo, we'll make you GM" as part of the pitch to Lebron.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Lockback posted:

Smartest move would put in an interim GM for the draft and FA and make "Pick your GM, or poo poo, we'll make you GM" as part of the pitch to Lebron.

LeBron's already GM of Cleveland though

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

David Griffin is probably the actual favorite to get the job in Philly regardless of Lebron or not.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Jota posted:

it was his wife!!

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

euphronius posted:

I am way more weary

Same. With Jerry involved and speculation that he may believe that the Sixers owe him, I'm not 100% confident that the right thing will be done.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

I am way more weary

:same:

They are hedge fund guys, literally the worst people in the world.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/1004408523378315264

lmao this fuckin team

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Complete RIP

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

You know that working out Grayson Allen means literally nothing right? They could be looking to trade into a later 1st rounder for him.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If he was fired he wouldn’t be there.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He's still the GM, so yeah he would be. You cant fire someone before they are actually fired?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Meeting to decide his fate was last night

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

And its being announced at 2. They cant fire him before that because of this exactly reason. They had a scheduled work out today with draft prospects, cancelling it would directly impede their entire draft process. I imagine that workout is the exact reason they are announcing at 2.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

And its being announced at 2. They cant fire him before that because of this exactly reason. They had a scheduled work out today with draft prospects, cancelling it would directly impede their entire draft process. I imagine that workout is the exact reason they are announcing at 2.

There are people in the organization capable of hosting a workout besides BC

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Generally the GM doesn't actually have a TON to do with latte draft picks anyway. Like they obviously make the final call and in situations where there is predictability they probably have a pretty big voice (IE: the top 5 picks) but after that it's almost all other people on the team who did the primary scouting and who managed the workouts.

This is why the Lakers still drafted really well last year outside of the #2 pick, because they maintained their draft staff (although I half wonder if the pressure to pick Ball was so great that whoever was GM probably would've done it anyway).

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

When the scandal came out, he left workouts he was attending on the west coast and missed two days he had planned on attending, so I agree with Euphronius that his attendance at a workout today is not a good sign.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

euphronius posted:

Radio saying announcement between 2-4 pm

:pray:

Was this ever confirmed anywhere else? Haven't seen anything on it.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/jonjohnsonwip/status/1004413447986130947?s=20

hmm :sweatdrop:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah it’s over

I hope they don’t get too fleeced on the Embiid and Fultz trades

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

I hate our ownership so much.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
If the ownership decides not to fire him then the real problem is the ownership in the first place, eh? holy heck

e: Sounds like Jerry is really trying hard

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao at this dumpster fire management

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

That’s the end of the Process

Killed by snake Colangelo nepotism and idiot hedge fund dysfunction

A story of America

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lol the Sixers are hosed

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

euphronius posted:

That’s the end of the Process

Killed by snake Colangelo nepotism and idiot hedge fund dysfunction

A story of America

Not firing him would be pretty dumb but I also don't really see how this changes much

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

morestuff posted:

Not firing him would be pretty dumb but I also don't really see how this changes much

Embiid and Fultz are alienated. Embiid is likely gone. I can’t imagine Fultz is here last his rookie deal. There is no way Lebron is coming.

More to the point to shows ownership is detached and doesn’t care a.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

euphronius posted:

Embiid and Fultz are alienated. Embiid is likely gone. I can’t imagine Fultz is here last his rookie deal. There is no way Lebron is coming.

More to the point to shows ownership is detached and doesn’t care a.

Embiid just signed a five-year extension, Fultz will be an RFA and LeBron willingly played for Dan Gilbert

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

morestuff posted:

Embiid just signed a five-year extension, Fultz will be an RFA and LeBron willingly played for Dan Gilbert. Find a new slant.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He's still gone

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's still gone

Yeah I won't believe that he's staying until I see something Official (tm)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's still gone

My boss just said if they haven’t decided or announced it yet Colangelo would still show up and go through the motions .

So maybe

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

My boss just said if they haven’t decided or announced it yet Colangelo would still show up and go through the motions .

So maybe

Like I said before, they have to actually fire him before they announce it. If he had to be at a workout in the morning then they obviously couldn't fire him before hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
He deserves to be fired but not firing him is the funniest possible outcome so I'll root for it since I don't care about the Sixers; sorry Philly fans

It surely cannot be though, right?????

• Locked thread