Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Game runs better now but I still can't have AA anywhere above Very Low without the game freezing for about half a second when I get shot. It's pretty good. I would love to play this game without the jaggies but maybe in 2020

Have you tried on Ultra? During the Beta Ultra was the only mode besides very low that used only temporal reprojection, the others stack post-processes.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Doorknob Slobber posted:

in the replay it looks like lag, but my team mates didn't seem to experience it, thanks game I guess?

The replays are hosed atm.
I have watched a few now where the guy has LOS of me. But the replay shows him shooting through terrain as if hes a few feet down into the ground.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I've got to imagine the replays just flood their reporting system with false reports because of how jank it is it makes it look like half the kills are hacking.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

I reported a guy yesterday for that. He comes around the corner at the house atop Prison, spots me 100m away down at the sheds, and then his view immediately snaps to the ground behind him prior to my untimely demise.

Seemed fishy as hell at the time. My bad.

Ninja edit: how is that even a thing? Like, how do you write that bug?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

It probably has to do with them upping the tick rate, at least I assume. I think other games (CSGO iirc) the tick rate is lower on replays than in-game and it causes weird poo poo sometimes.

I could be wrong about the different rates between game and replays for CSGO, but I assume that's why there's a problem here since this is a new bug with replays after the tick change.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I've seen bugs where during a duo, the guy that I am watching the deathcam of, his partner disappears and is just 2 guns floating in mid-air.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

MF_James posted:

It probably has to do with them upping the tick rate, at least I assume. I think other games (CSGO iirc) the tick rate is lower on replays than in-game and it causes weird poo poo sometimes.

I could be wrong about the different rates between game and replays for CSGO, but I assume that's why there's a problem here since this is a new bug with replays after the tick change.

PUBG replays and death cams have always been poo poo, this isn't anything new. Maybe replays/death cams are on 5hz so going from 20hz to 60hz main games servers makes it worse, but the replay system was always full of nonsense.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I enjoy replays where there's no player model and the weapon kit is just floating around.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Hockles posted:

I've seen bugs where during a duo, the guy that I am watching the deathcam of, his partner disappears and is just 2 guns floating in mid-air.
In the second game I played yesterday I saw both this and the nonsense aiming when I got killed. I was tempted to report but figured it was a glitch since the guy was in a place where he could have easily shot me (I was up the hill in front of him facing the other way)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZW_aNtbjs

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Tough month for PubG.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
So tough being #1 on Steam.

Like, I get it, players are dwindling out. But 1.5m peaks and steady around 700k at any given time is a ridiculously successful game.

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Loaded this up for a quick game for the first time in weeks, dropped far away for some relaxing looting, 15 minutes later my first chance lining up a kar98 shot - on a jeep 200 metres away (which I would have undoubtedly missed) - game crashes to desktop.

back to Dota I go

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

DotA sucks

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Dota's top notch when it comes to mobas. 'Mobas suck' would suffice.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

daslog posted:

Tough month for PubG.

Not sure what is causing this but I'd hazard a guess a lot of people are taking a break while waiting for the next map to come out.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
P sure that big drop off is right around when all the cheats stopped working and they banned another 500k people or whatever

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
Dog unplugged my router at the worst time.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

daslog posted:

Tough month for PubG.

Wonder what caused that big drop? A lot of countries have uni exams this time of year don't they?

E:

Herstory Begins Now posted:

P sure that big drop off is right around when all the cheats stopped working and they banned another 500k people or whatever

oh

Flea Bargain
Dec 9, 2008

'Twas brillig

Not to mention OC FPP still hasn't fired a single game this season so people aren't playing.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
Haaha yeah it must suck to have the top spot on the steam charts for months and months in a row, with peak CCU numbers well above established industry giants like Dota2 and CSGO the entire time. Bet every dev at bluehole is browsing for jobs!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Does the drop coincide with Epic announcing the $100 million prize purse for Fortnite? Because I'm sure every idiot with a dream thinks they can get a piece of that.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

underage at the vape shop posted:

Wonder what caused that big drop? A lot of countries have uni exams this time of year don't they?

E:

oh

The game was fun for being 'realistic' but crazy stupid bugs... Randomly tapping a friendly uaz and having it fly out into space... they then tried to make it a realistic game and tried to fix those bugs but it isn't anywhere near being a real game

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

fargom posted:

Haaha yeah it must suck to have the top spot on the steam charts for months and months in a row, with peak CCU numbers well above established industry giants like Dota2 and CSGO the entire time. Bet every dev at bluehole is browsing for jobs!

you're laughing but it's hard as gently caress to get a solo queue FPP OC, like it might as well be dead because we're talkin 15+ minute waits

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

abigserve posted:

you're laughing but it's hard as gently caress to get a solo queue FPP OC, like it might as well be dead because we're talkin 15+ minute waits

Asian pro league is all TPP.
KR servers don't even have the FPP option, so I don't even get the option if I want good ping. :colbert:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Why on earth is first-person mode not available in some regions?

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Star Man posted:

Why on earth is first-person mode not available in some regions?

I dunno. My friends pretty much stopped playing because they'd been waiting for FPP for months and it never came and we only ever have people for duos not squads due to schedule differences. So right now I'm pretty much done with PUBG as well because I don't dig playing games solo for the most part and without the social aspect I just get bored.

Queues were pretty instantaneous even at 6 AM so it's not like population was low for the past months, but since PUBG's population is going down instead of up if they never got around to it I doubt they ever will.

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015

afkmacro posted:

That time you jumped out of the four story red building with an uzi to dropshot the dude was some Chuck Norris poo poo.

Thanks friend. I appreciate your feedback and that you enjoyed enough to watch it all the way through.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Elentor posted:

I dunno. My friends pretty much stopped playing because they'd been waiting for FPP for months and it never came and we only ever have people for duos not squads due to schedule differences.

This was the only reason I started playing the game; when FPP only mode came last August or so.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
So, I've been thinking about jumping back into this trash fire game.

Any quick tips for someone who sucked three months ago?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Point your gun at people and shoot.

You might be better now since they increased the tick rate.

Actually 80% of the time since they upped the tick rate I was doing significantly worse than I have been prior. I guess I was having a hard time getting used to it...

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Rad-daddio posted:

So, I've been thinking about jumping back into this trash fire game.

Any quick tips for someone who sucked three months ago?

Use the UMP or the Vector.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Thermopyle posted:

Point your gun at people and shoot.

You might be better now since they increased the tick rate.

Actually 80% of the time since they upped the tick rate I was doing significantly worse than I have been prior. I guess I was having a hard time getting used to it...

The tick rate change is what brought me back. I just couldn't deal with the interaction lag. And also, I sucked : )

willroc7 posted:

Use the UMP or the Vector.

before I stopped playing, my best game was with nothing but a Vector and a 1911.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Rad-daddio posted:

The tick rate change is what brought me back. I just couldn't deal with the interaction lag. And also, I sucked : )

I still get a poo poo ton of interaction lag and general lag while moving around. People also lag warp which they didn't do before.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
gently caress Fortnite and PUBG, I'm a Realm Royale main now boiz

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Constellation I posted:

gently caress Fortnite and PUBG, I'm a Realm Royale main now boiz

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I also get more instances of interaction lag and people warping around, but when that stuff isn't happening it feels like there's less lag.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Thermopyle posted:

I also get more instances of interaction lag and people warping around, but when that stuff isn't happening it feels like there's less lag.

This is very true. Definite instances of actual lag now. But when actual lag isn't happening the interactions are very smooth and crisp imo.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Battle nonsense released his analysis of the new netcode patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOVwu517GmI

Better but nowhere close to 60hz all the time and is still significantly worse at the start of the match, still lags behind the competition. Hopefully they keep working on netcode fixes.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Oh yeah, I think so. They've been doing pretty much everything you'd want a dev to do, they're communicating more, constantly releasing detailed patch notes, making quick fixes when necessary (like buffing the lightweight grip) and the test server seems to be used like an actual test server instead of just a preview of the release a day early.

I've been having a lot of fun playing with FPP squads and my crew has started playing this more. The numbers will drop more, but it will stay top 10 for a long time. The lawsuit will also keep them in the news

aren't they announcing something "big" at E3? Or did I dream that.

forest spirit fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jun 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=behpA361zFs

https://store.steampowered.com/app/823130/Totally_Accurate_Battlegrounds/