Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

fast cars loose anus posted:

He deserves to be fired but not firing him is the funniest possible outcome so I'll root for it since I don't care about the Sixers; sorry Philly fans

It surely cannot be though, right?????

Josh Harris tried to get a job with the Trump administration and gave Jared Kushner loans worth ~$200 million.

They are that bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Josh Harris tried to get a job with the Trump administration and gave Jared Kushner loans worth ~$200 million.

They are that bad.

COME ON

That loan thing you can't be serious please

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
he is serious: https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/28/business/jared-kushner-apollo-citigroup-loans.html

nyt posted:

Early last year, a private equity billionaire started paying regular visits to the White House.

Joshua Harris, a founder of Apollo Global Management, was advising Trump administration officials on infrastructure policy. During that period, he met on multiple occasions with Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, said three people familiar with the meetings. Among other things, the two men discussed a possible White House job for Mr. Harris.

The job never materialized, but in November, Apollo lent $184 million to Mr. Kushner’s family real estate firm, Kushner Companies. The loan was to refinance the mortgage on a Chicago skyscraper.

Even by the standards of Apollo, one of the world’s largest private equity firms, the previously unreported transaction with the Kushners was a big deal: It was triple the size of the average property loan made by Apollo’s real estate lending arm, securities filings show.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

edit: Stevie beat me to it.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Wow I wonder if kush paid the loan back !!

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

guillotines for the lot of em

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Ghost Dog posted:

guillotines for the lot of em

quote:

Shortly after Kushner Companies received the loan from Apollo, the private equity firm emerged as a beneficiary of the tax cut package that the White House championed. Mr. Trump backed down from his earlier pledge to close a loophole that permits private equity managers to pay taxes on the bulk of their income at rates that are roughly half of ordinary income tax rates. The tax law left the loophole largely intact.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I am literally doing the :psyduck: irl what the hell

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

yeah kushner has been on some insane grift binge since he entered the whitehouse in massive debt. i mean all of them are grifting but he needs to steal about a billion dollars to get above water again and hell hes gonna try

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Good god

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s over . Sixers are finished .
https://twitter.com/nbcsphilly/status/1004471342476005377

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

:suicide:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

the process is over

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

shyduck posted:

the process is over

Yup.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I've got a whole lot of bridges for the Sixers ownership and none of them are named Miles

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
it's pretty impressive how terrible sixers ownership has handled just about everything, honestly. you gotta hand it to them

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Holy crap

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Ghost Dog posted:

yeah kushner has been on some insane grift binge since he entered the whitehouse in massive debt. i mean all of them are grifting but he needs to steal about a billion dollars to get above water again and hell hes gonna try

I'm an avid follower of the lol @ Trump thread, but I don't know why it keeps crossing streams with Philly sports threads.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

NotWearingPants posted:

I'm an avid follower of the lol @ Trump thread, but I don't know why it keeps crossing streams with Philly sports threads.

Because Pennsylvania voted for Trump!!!! BWahah

I know Philly voted for Hilary relax

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Where is Lebron going now???

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Hahahaha how do you gently caress up this bad?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The twitter comments are as good as I'd hoped

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
I don’t even see the point of keeping him, they’ve clearly lost the fanbase at this point. Best case scenario is he remains as a lame duck for a season or two while being constantly humiliated by the press and NBA fans. Even if they truly believe he is completely innocent, the most humane option is probably just to let him resign while continuing to pay him what they owe him so he can lay low for a few years and attempt a comeback elsewhere when people have forgotten.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RIP The Process

Eaglea are still Super Bowl Champions

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
How long before embiid leaves in free agency

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

5 years but he will probably be traded way before that since Colangelo hates him.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

^^^ yeah probably :smith:

mastershakeman posted:

He just signed an extension this season thankfully, so not until 2023

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
It’s over guys, find a new slant.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

mastershakeman posted:

5 years

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
haha, how do you screw this up?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1004416083674189824

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

It’s over guys, find a new slant.

https://twitter.com/Jrob215/status/1004418621731373057

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

totally baffled by this. holy gently caress

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Lmao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I still think he's getting fired. It's too crazy otherwise

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i dont know why im invested in this but i am please fire him

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

I still think he's getting fired. It's too crazy otherwise

like, maybe? cause they have to know the stupid amount of backlash by even hinting at keeping him. but they're also total r-words so who knows at this point

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lmfao phili

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ghost Dog posted:

i dont know why im invested in this but i am please fire him

What kind of poo poo is this? WHat happened to you? CHEER FOR CHAOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
All the accounts immediately shut down when the reporter initially asked the 6ers about them.

Yeah, Colangelo had no knowledge.

• Locked thread