Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Silver Falcon posted:

HyWar Impa looks more like Skyward Sword Impa to me. Totally agreed about Groose though. Why can't we have both? I just really dislike Lana.

Well, because Sheik is technically repping OoT too, alongside Impa technically repping SS to get around OoT and SS only having 2 actual characters repping their franchises despite being focus games of the base HW game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

HyWar Impa looks more like Skyward Sword Impa to me. Totally agreed about Groose though. Why can't we have both? I just really dislike Lana.

Lana is cool and strong and my friend, and I will not hear any disagreement.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

chumbler posted:

Meh. I like her better than Linkle, probably because of the magic user vibe she has going for her.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Kamikaze Raider posted:

That makes me curious. Is there any chance that we may see some DLC for DE? There are definitely more characters they could potentially add, but I don't know if there are any post-release plans for the game.

I'd be surprised since it might undercut the whole "definitive" name, and the closest comparison, MK8:D, didn't get any additional DLC. But this is a separate team/company, so who knows. I dont remember when they announced the DLC for the WiiU/3DS games, but it feels like if we don't hear anything at E3, I'd probably count DLC out.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I think I'd rather they just announce a new Nintendo series to "Warrior-ize" at e3.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Dynasty Warios

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JazzFlight posted:

I think I'd rather they just announce a new Nintendo series to "Warrior-ize" at e3.
preferably a series with a lot of distinct and memorable characters

like animal crossing :getin:

Bongo Bill posted:

Dynasty Warios
this is also very good however

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

JazzFlight posted:

How many Mario characters are there?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

GreatGreen posted:

A poo poo ton, considering they made Warriors game for much smaller rosters

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

GreatGreen posted:

Do Not Pursue Shy Guy

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Next Smash Bros replaces Adventure Mode with warriors mode

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

FPzero posted:

Next Smash Bros replaces Adventure Mode with warriors mode

Certainly has room to be more fun then subspace.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

JazzFlight posted:

Maybe we get Hyrule X Fire Emblem Warriors next? Hopefully without most of the FE cast being from two games.

Also was doing Master Quest to get the level 3 weapon for Linkle and Impa until I hit the tiles that need the harp to progress. Hit several spots and now the only one that I can go is a Agatha only map with no blocking. :suicide:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Advance Wars Musou you cowards

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! Musou

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! Musou

:yeah:

especially if EBA is included

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Oxyclean posted:

I'd be surprised since it might undercut the whole "definitive" name, and the closest comparison, MK8:D, didn't get any additional DLC. But this is a separate team/company, so who knows. I dont remember when they announced the DLC for the WiiU/3DS games, but it feels like if we don't hear anything at E3, I'd probably count DLC out.

I think the DLC for the previous versions were announced fairly early in their lives, so you're probably right.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Tae posted:

A poo poo ton, considering they made Warriors game for much smaller rosters

mushroom kingdom warriors when?

e: mush-ou

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While I wouldn't mind getting Groose, I surprised the champions from BotW don't get added. At least as unique skins for Ruto and Darunia for fish wifeMipha and Daruk respectively.

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Rirse posted:

While I wouldn't mind getting Groose, I surprised the champions from BotW don't get added. At least as unique skins for Ruto and Darunia for fish wifeMipha and Daruk respectively.

You get BotW costumes for Link and Zelda, but yeah, the representation of BotW is surprisingly sparse considering this version was made specifically for the Switch.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Rirse posted:

Maybe we get Hyrule X Fire Emblem Warriors next? Hopefully without most of the FE cast being from two games.

Also was doing Master Quest to get the level 3 weapon for Linkle and Impa until I hit the tiles that need the harp to progress. Hit several spots and now the only one that I can go is a Agatha only map with no blocking. :suicide:

Gotta wait for a couple sequels to Fire Emblem Warriors then so that other characters get movesets as well. I doubt they'd want to debut Ike and Roy in a crossover with another Musou before appearing in a proper Fire Emblem Musou.

EDIT: BTW the No Guarding Rule also removes the Damage Taken Rank so only KOs and time matter.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

chumbler posted:

If she would shut up, I would agree with you. I can't stand her voice. She's fun to play but I HATE listening to her.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Meh. I like her better than Linkle, probably because of the magic user vibe she has going for her.

Fite me, Linkle is the best.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Silver Falcon posted:

YUK

YUK

YUK

YUK

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Silver Falcon posted:

If she would shut up, I would agree with you. I can't stand her voice. She's fun to play but I HATE listening to her.
She can't be more annoying than Skull Kid though. PLAY A SECOND NOTE, FOR THE LOVE OF loving GOD

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Kamikaze Raider posted:

She can't be more annoying than Skull Kid though. PLAY A SECOND NOTE, FOR THE LOVE OF loving GOD

He doesn't know how to play it, that's kinda a thing with him

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

IFite me, Linkle is the best.

YO~TA!

YO~TA!

YO~TA!

YO~TA!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

absolutely everything about her crossbow moveset is so satisfying, and i love that her soldiers in legends mode are cuccos

hylian captains can eat a dick but I'll always save Mama Cucco

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Xad posted:

He doesn't know how to play it, that's kinda a thing with him

Oh, I get why he plays it like that, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Should have just given him his drat flute.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Fitzy Fitz posted:

YUK

YUK

YUK

YUK

I thought she was going yeeugh like pusha t

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Kamikaze Raider posted:

Oh, I get why he plays it like that, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Should have just given him his drat flute.

It's my problem with playing both him and Marin. I love both characters (and usually have on a podcast or stream so I can tune it out) , but I'm sure it drives my fiance mad when she's in the same room.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Now that I think of it, a Hyrule Warriors x Fire Emblem Warriors crossover do need to overcome some not-insignificant hurdles.

How would stats be handled? Movesets? What would be the best way to make playing Zelda characters feel like you're playing a Zelda character and playing a FE character feel like you're playing an FE character, while still working off of the same core mechanics? How would an FE character interact with elements that are indubitably Zelda and vice versa? How would weapons work?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Folt The Bolt posted:

Now that I think of it, a Hyrule Warriors x Fire Emblem Warriors crossover do need to overcome some not-insignificant hurdles.

How would stats be handled? Movesets? What would be the best way to make playing Zelda characters feel like you're playing a Zelda character and playing a FE character feel like you're playing an FE character, while still working off of the same core mechanics? How would an FE character interact with elements that are indubitably Zelda and vice versa? How would weapons work?

The obvious answer would be to create a new system that doesn't fit perfectly into either but rather hybridizes it.

So instead of a Sword/Lance/Axe weapon triangle you could do a Edge/Pierce/Blunt one which could encompass most weapons. The real oddballs and magic can still be their own bespoke category outside of this that interacts with it like Magic does in Hyrule Warriors. (You'd also kill a few sacred cows by making Axes into clubs/hammers to fill out the blunt damage for the FE characters)

I would also take a page from Super Robot Wars and keep the Zelda characters all have their own weapons while the Fire Emblem characters are defined by being able to move the weapons around to other characters in their weapon class. Alternatively, you could just go full unique weapons for everyone since I didn't really find the generic weapons compelling and FE warriors eventually gave everyone a unique special weapon anyways.

You could probably make that work overall if you had to mash the two games together. I'd also probably go for an expansion of the elemental system and tie it into weaknesses. So enemies would be weak to an element (So fliers would be weak to lightning which would be the innate element of all bows) etc.

Zore fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jun 6, 2018

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Zore posted:

The obvious answer would be to create a new system that doesn't fit perfectly into either but rather hybridizes it.

So instead of a Sword/Lance/Axe weapon triangle you could do a Edge/Pierce/Blunt one which could encompass most weapons. The real oddballs and magic can still be their own bespoke category outside of this that interacts with it like Magic does in Hyrule Warriors. (You'd also kill a few sacred cows by making Axes into clubs/hammers to fill out the blunt damage for the FE characters)

I would also take a page from Super Robot Wars and keep the Zelda characters all have their own weapons while the Fire Emblem characters are defined by being able to move the weapons around to other characters in their weapon class. Alternatively, you could just go full unique weapons for everyone since I didn't really find the generic weapons compelling and FE warriors eventually gave everyone a unique special weapon anyways.

You could probably make that work overall if you had to mash the two games together. I'd also probably go for an expansion of the elemental system and tie it into weaknesses. So enemies would be weak to an element (So fliers would be weak to lightning which would be the innate element of all bows) etc.

I'd actually prefer to keep the elemental effects separate from the -slayer weaknesses. Just keep them as skills if you need to. Might be best to remove elemental weaknesses altogether.

On the other hand, letting the Zelda characters have their own weapons while the FE characters simply select from a pool of generic weapons (+ their Prf which would be their ultimate weapon) would be ace.

Actually, giving this, I'd say the Zelda characters should only have one weapon each (while making Link's Master Sword into the ultimate weapon of the Hylian Sword line for this). While losing options hurt, most characters are better off with their primary weapon.

Also, if we're simplifying the triangle that way, I'd say Ganondorf (with the Great Swords as his weapon) should be a Magic type character despite his weapon. All of his moves that aren't string and C2 are basically magic attacks (including C4 which is just slashing to make a pseudo-barrier to blast away).

Also, we'd all love it if they weren't in, but if Giant Bosses do appear, we'd need to find a satisfactory way to make both Zelda and FE characters interact with them.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The problem with combining Zelda and Fire Emblem is that Zelda roolz, FE droolz

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Folt The Bolt posted:

I'd actually prefer to keep the elemental effects separate from the -slayer weaknesses. Just keep them as skills if you need to. Might be best to remove elemental weaknesses altogether.

I like the elemental system and wanted to keep it even if some of the effects should be reworked. It fits even with the FE characters, most of them have an elemental affinity with their attacks anyways.

quote:

On the other hand, letting the Zelda characters have their own weapons while the FE characters simply select from a pool of generic weapons (+ their Prf which would be their ultimate weapon) would be ace.

Actually, giving this, I'd say the Zelda characters should only have one weapon each (while making Link's Master Sword into the ultimate weapon of the Hylian Sword line for this). While losing options hurt, most characters are better off with their primary weapon.

This I heavily disagree with however. What is even the point of making Link just another sword dude when he already has a bunch of other fun movesets like the Gauntlets or Spinner? Like you don't need to borify Zelda just because FE Warriors kinda sucked on this. I'd be happier if they expanded the FE movesets.

quote:

Also, if we're simplifying the triangle that way, I'd say Ganondorf (with the Great Swords as his weapon) should be a Magic type character despite his weapon. All of his moves that aren't string and C2 are basically magic attacks (including C4 which is just slashing to make a pseudo-barrier to blast away).

Sure. I'd like if they also had the Trident as a pierce weapon because I love the Trident moveset

quote:

Also, we'd all love it if they weren't in, but if Giant Bosses do appear, we'd need to find a satisfactory way to make both Zelda and FE characters interact with them.

Giant bosses rule :colbert: Honestly you could do a BOTW style Sheikah slate to summon various things, simplify the secondary weapons down to Bombs, Stasis, Magnesis and have them apply to multiple big bosses? IDK

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Your Computer posted:

The problem with combining Zelda and Fire Emblem is that Zelda roolz, FE droolz

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
At least with some it easier to make them into magic types that might fix probblem characters like Agiatha or Fi.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Zore posted:

I like the elemental system and wanted to keep it even if some of the effects should be reworked. It fits even with the FE characters, most of them have an elemental affinity with their attacks anyways.

Maybe for attack purposes, but when being attacked, most FE characters don't really need an elemental weakness due to the weapon triangle system.

Zore posted:

This I heavily disagree with however. What is even the point of making Link just another sword dude when he already has a bunch of other fun movesets like the Gauntlets or Spinner? Like you don't need to borify Zelda just because FE Warriors kinda sucked on this. I'd be happier if they expanded the FE movesets.

To make this short, it has to do with the Edge/Pierce/Blunt system you mentioned. If Link had every weapon he used in Hyrule Warriors here, he would have loads of way to get around the system (even compared to characters from his own franchise) which means people would flock to him above all others. Also, for purposes of the triangle, he'd always be a sword user when facing him anyways.

If you really want the Zelda characters to have multiple weapons, I think it's better that they all exist outside the triangle system.

Zore posted:

Sure. I'd like if they also had the Trident as a pierce weapon because I love the Trident moveset

It would be that, wouldn't it?

Zore posted:

Giant bosses rule :colbert: Honestly you could do a BOTW style Sheikah slate to summon various things, simplify the secondary weapons down to Bombs, Stasis, Magnesis and have them apply to multiple big bosses? IDK

Not really.

On another topic, should there exist physical and magical damage, like in Fire Emblem Warriors, or should there be just one attack stat. I think the answer to that would determine what we would need to do think about, in terms of choice characters, more carefully.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

this crossover business sounds like a pain. they should just give everybody more weapons in zelda and also add spider puppet ganon from ww

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
They should just go all-in and put together Super Smash Warriors. Subspace Emissary even gives the hooks for the "story"!