Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

I hope Whittaker wins, because he is cool and good :)

Also his victory speeches are the best.

Lloyd Boner posted:

I'm rooting for Whittaker, but Yoel is also extremely cool, so that would be fine.

OTOH put me on suicide watch if Colby wins

Colby spent a round getting decisively outstruck by a gassing elderly jiu jitsu man who doesn't know what a punch is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
whittakers my favorite and id pick him against all mws right now but yoel is monstrous

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Bundt Cake posted:

whittakers my favorite and id pick him against all mws right now but yoel is monstrous

I'd clumsily compare him to Jeremy Stephens. Someone who isn't perfect on a technical level, but who you simply cannot gently caress up in front of, because he will fly across the octagon and kill you

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I think there's a decent value in Yoel as a 2:1 underdog coming off an insane KO victory while Whittaker has been off forever and just had his knees repaired.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

yoel and whittaker are both good, but bobby knuckles is such a charmer that i cant help but pull for him. yoel is also cool though.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

https://twitter.com/bokamotoespn/status/1004562241226772480?s=21

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Yoel is a steroid golem that when his roids run out it will be as if he drank from the wrong Holy Grail.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Whittaker beats Romero decisively

RDA gives Colby a life-altering beating.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

theres no steroids that will make a person like yoel romero. all that will happen to you if you take steroids for years on end is that youll become a balding neurotic sex tourist. listen up cos i know what im talking about since i read the tcc thread about them

Steroids are.. cool?

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
cm punk: afraid to work out in front of people

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1004510320377950208

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I don't want anyone to see how bad I am in practice, but don't worry guys, my anxiety will go away when hundreds of thousands of people are watching.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LobsterMobster posted:

cm punk: afraid to work out in front of people

he doesn't want to expose the internet to another CM_Punk_uppercut.gif

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Snowman_McK posted:

Colby spent a round getting decisively outstruck by a gassing elderly jiu jitsu man who doesn't know what a punch is.

https://i.imgur.com/h41Xhf1.mp4

dox
Mar 4, 2006
Why the hell is there a god damned new thread every month? I forget all you assholes exist for a few days and then come crawling back

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol yikes

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Wow. That's actually much worse than I remembered. Now remember that RDA has decisively beaten Cerrone, Pettis, Bendo, Lawler and Saffedeine on the feet.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/streetfitebanch/status/942262185312575489?s=19

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I hope RDA knocks Colby R-worded, because that would only make him smarter.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

dana had to go shopping for a man maybe bad enough to lose to cmpunk and he annihilated cm punk instantly. but that's ok. gall's pretty drat good, and everyone agrees that while he was outmatched, he wasn't in any way embarrassed despite being old and bad.

now he is fighting someone genuinely nowhere near ufc calibre. an opponent so bad that he is five years and an obvious gift for combat sports away from being a ufc fighter. to lose here would be humiliating. he is a significant underdog on the books.

punk - the tit - is praying. and if he's not, he loving should be.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
just a quick question: is megan anderson loving retarded? she fights at cyborg weight, and ducked cyborg to take a tune up fight against holly holm? holm is loving awful, but she is like a thousand times better than the best opponent megan anderson has beaten, and 3 years ago megan anderson lost to cindy dandois. hmm. cindy dandois... 'why do i know that name yet can't remember her?' you ask... well it's because she is no poo poo the worst fighter to have ever stepped into the octagon including the 0-1 cmpunk opponent. here's her highlight reel. https://streamable.com/lgp0y

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

punk - the tit - is praying. and if he's not, he loving should be.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Snowman_McK posted:

Chael's annoying because even though you know he's insane, he's good at articulating his points and it ends being hard to disagree with his reasoning.

:respek:

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Way to get worked, marks. CM Punk is just keeping kayfabe, like master of puppets Conor McGregor did before the Diaz money in the bank rematch.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Marching Powder posted:

just a quick question: is megan anderson loving retarded? she fights at cyborg weight, and ducked cyborg to take a tune up fight against holly holm? holm is loving awful, but she is like a thousand times better than the best opponent megan anderson has beaten, and 3 years ago megan anderson lost to cindy dandois. hmm. cindy dandois... 'why do i know that name yet can't remember her?' you ask... well it's because she is no poo poo the worst fighter to have ever stepped into the octagon including the 0-1 cmpunk opponent. here's her highlight reel. https://streamable.com/lgp0y

Dandois tapped Jessamyn Duke with a scarfhold armbar in Invicta, after Duke washed out of UFC, so Duke is actually worse :colbert:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The worst fighter ever in the UFC is that girl who came in with something like a 9-0 (9 kos) record and then went 0-3 UFC and then like 0-4 invicta, and then it turned out that her 9 wins were all in that sketchy California promotion that pays literal homeless people to get beaten up to pad fighters' records.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That's still more wins than CM Punk, hobos or not.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Found her. Alexis "Sneaky Zebra" Dufresne.

Came into the UFC 5-0 with 5 stoppages. Her opponents combined records for second, third, and fourth fights was 0-1, and then she got a UFC contract with a win over Kim Couture. Her fight against Marion Reneau was one of those fights where Joe Rogan is saying "Oh my god, ref please stop it now why is this still going the ref needs to stop it, this girl doesn't even know how to defend a punch."

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/fighters/54500-alexis-dufresne

Her debut was supposed to be against Amanda Nunes :stonk:

Looks like she went to bellator after the UFC, and somehow managed to get Marloes Conen to tap, which surprises me, because normally corpses can't tap.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Her fight vs Sarah Moras is one of the best examples of a person on bottom outworking the person on top and the judges actually noticing

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Corpses Can't Tap was a really poorly conceived followup to Ghosts Can't Do It

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://streamable.com/pf4go

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

CommonShore posted:

The worst fighter ever in the UFC is that girl who came in with something like a 9-0 (9 kos) record and then went 0-3 UFC and then like 0-4 invicta, and then it turned out that her 9 wins were all in that sketchy California promotion that pays literal homeless people to get beaten up to pad fighters' records.

xplode fight series was great

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The difference is those guys are good fighters.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I'm not sure Rampage, TKZ, Crocop, Shogun, or any the others gave themselves the nickname, and their nickname isn't literally Chick Magnet Punk.

Anytime someone has given themselves a nickname they've received appropriate ridicule. Look at how much poo poo we talked about Rory changing his or Beastin 25/8 finally taking a break.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

The amount of management over labor in this thread is sickening. Cory Anderson deserves bereavement leave! He deserves time off! You 👏 are 👏 not 👏 entitled 👏 to 👏 25 👏 hours 👏 of 👏 his 👏 time 👏 eight 👏 days 👏 a 👏 week!!!

Karl Marx posted:

From each according to his ability, to each according to his beast

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
punk will win

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

lol dang that's worse than I remembered. RDA is going to murder him

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

I'm not sure Rampage, TKZ, Crocop, Shogun, or any the others gave themselves the nickname, and their nickname isn't literally Chick Magnet Punk.

Anytime someone has given themselves a nickname they've received appropriate ridicule. Look at how much poo poo we talked about Rory changing his or Beastin 25/8 finally taking a break.

Are you responding to someone or is this an argument in a vacuum

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

The worst part about Colby is that on top of being an awful Chael impersonator his fights are unbearably boring unless K-1 Maia is giving him a striking lesson.

https://streamable.com/5bsk6

My impossible dream for this fight is that RDA traps Colby on the fence and unloads a 5000 punch combination but instead of it being Robbie Lawler with his years of defensive craft protecting him from the worst of it, it's Colby Covington eating a zillion RDA punches.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jun 7, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

mewse posted:

Are you responding to someone or is this an argument in a vacuum

The streamable that lid linked and kingslayer responded to right above me was phil brooks complaining that people give him poo poo about his nickname but not crocop or rampage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

I.N.R.I posted:

theres no steroids that will make a person like yoel romero. all that will happen to you if you take steroids for years on end is that youll become a balding neurotic sex tourist. listen up cos i know what im talking about since i read the tcc thread about them
AMERICAN DAD -Avery Bullock Top10 Moments

• Locked thread