Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
Someone at Porsche remembered that they used to have awesome liveries :

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/porsche-reveals-retro-gte-pro-liveries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They are bringing back the butcher's cut livery? I think I love you, Porsche!

tuo fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jun 2, 2018

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Xisticide posted:

They have four works cars in Pro this year, so the other two (IMSA) cars can wear the “regular” colors. And the IMSA cars probably need to be shipped back post-Le Mans ASAP.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
gently caress. Yes.

They also have a retro brick wall and wood floor garage motif.

Manthey loving owns

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

Xisticide posted:

Finally an actual reason to watch Le Mans this year.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Is Bykolles competing this year?

Sorry, let me rephrase that:

Is Bykolles going to participate this year?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

iospace posted:

Only if there's some sort of financial fraud angle again.

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

They're on the entry list, so maybe.

Speaking of maybes, is Manor essentially running as a Ginetta factory team now? I read they've lost all the CEFC branding for the test day.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Ten minutes Mazda, jesus christ

Also Pipo from the pole has steering issues and in the pits, drat

Xisticide
Nov 27, 2005
Oh Mazda :(

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Blancpain just finished a god drat fantastic race at Paul Ricard, well worth watching at least the last 10 minutes if you can't do the entire thing.

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

The 55 snapping a driveshaft was a real bummer but I can't be too upset about the way the 77 went down. The car obviously didn't have the pace to frontrun so trying to do one less pit stop was about the only legitimate way to have any chance of contention at the end. It went down in flames but it was at least a strategy of some kind. At least somebody competent is in charge of the team, which is a big change from the last couple years

Anyway, the race wasn't especially interesting but it's still better than Monaco. Bring on Watkins Glen and the NAEC teams

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

iospace posted:

They're in the official grid photo so we can say as much as "The car reached France and then drove about 200m without imploding".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I mean the Bykolles is nowhere near as bad as the JLOC Lambo was, I swear they taped a load of flashlights or something to the front of their car once.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well yeah, lamborghinis are huge pieces of poo poo so what do you expect

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
3 cars crashed in a wet pit lane during the DTM race, and I think a marshall was pinned against one of the garages. Seems to have bad leg injuries but not life threatening

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Space Butler posted:

Speaking of maybes, is Manor essentially running as a Ginetta factory team now? I read they've lost all the CEFC branding for the test day.

Well, considering the CEFC check not clearing was why Ginetta locked the cars up at Spa...not surprising. Sports cars gon’ sports car sometimes.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

CactusWeasle posted:

3 cars crashed in a wet pit lane during the DTM race, and I think a marshall was pinned against one of the garages. Seems to have bad leg injuries but not life threatening

When I saw the footage, I got sick. It seems though he "only" has an broken legs (open fractures, though). Imo, it's a miracle he still has two feet, seeing as the front splitter of Auer's car was completely broken.

I asume the footage of the crash(es) will be all over the net within the next hours....I can only suggest to NOT watch the cockpit cam footage if you are easily disturbed.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Som0tHyMh64

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

iospace posted:

The ACO will drag the LMP1 privateers to compete at races kicking and screaming if they have to.
I know you just wanted to make a ByKloles joke, but Manor at Spa was embarrassing for the ACO, they can't have that happening at Le Mans. That's too far.

Schlesische fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Jun 3, 2018

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jesus, they need to resurface pit lane or add some drains or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

Hope everybody's okay, seems like one of those marshals may have broken a leg :(

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

e: nah, not worth it

tuo fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 3, 2018

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
watching Truth in 24. its coming yall.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Schlesische posted:

The ACO will drag the LMP1 privateers to compete at races kicking and screaming if they have to.
I know you just wanted to make a ByKloles joke, but Manor at Spa was embarrassing for the ACO, they can't have that happening at Le Mans. That's too far.

Especially as they couldn't be sure Dragonspeed would make it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Just started reading this: https://www.amazon.ca/Go-Like-Hell-Ferrari-Battle-ebook/dp/B003K16PBY/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0

First part of the book is about the 1955 Le Mans disaster and just lmao Mike Hawthrown was the biggest piece of poo poo

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Wirth1000 posted:

Just started reading this: https://www.amazon.ca/Go-Like-Hell-Ferrari-Battle-ebook/dp/B003K16PBY/ref=tmm_kin_swatch_0

First part of the book is about the 1955 Le Mans disaster and just lmao Mike Hawthrown was the biggest piece of poo poo

He was, but he had a hosed up end too.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://racer.com/2018/06/05/montoya-encouraged-by-le-mans-test/

I love Montoya. He stopped one step short of saying "wow this car is garbo"

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Holy poo poo, 919 Evo was running in anger yesterday at the Nordschliefe. Trackside spectators timed the best lap at 6:30. Laps after that were reported to be faster, but were lifted on the Dottinger Hohe or aborted into the pits. Some youtuber was near a marshal post and overheard radio calls when it passed certain posts, he extrapolated that out to a 5:09 if they had kept it up :stare:

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Holy poo poo, 919 Evo was running in anger yesterday at the Nordschliefe. Trackside spectators timed the best lap at 6:30. Laps after that were reported to be faster, but were lifted on the Dottinger Hohe or aborted into the pits. Some youtuber was near a marshal post and overheard radio calls when it passed certain posts, he extrapolated that out to a 5:09 if they had kept it up :stare:

Video games are leaking into the real world

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

:stonk::stonk::stonk::psyboom::psyboom::psyboom:

Not entirely shocking that a 2018 car can do that, but still. Warp speed. Wow.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

someone is going to extremely die driving that porsche

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

someone is going to extremely die driving that porsche

We can only hope its not filmed in portrait mode.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Basticle posted:

We can only hope its filmed in the highest possible resolution

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

On the one hand, I want to see it go blisteringly insanely fast. On the other, yeah someone is eventually going to crash in a real big way.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Sure, with that attitude.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

WindyMan posted:

Video games are leaking into the real world

I think I did a 7:17 in a Peugeot 908 on the 24h circuit in Gran Turismo 5 and that things only had over 600 hp and whatever LMP1 regs were in the late 00s. I did get a wicked and unrealistic draft down Dottinger, but yeah I can believe that 919 could loving destroy Bellof's time with little effort. That would be a wicked time to hang in the low 5 min.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Well the 919 is now in pCARS2 and the current record on Nords with that car is 5:30.160. Best I could muster was a 6:12.472.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno

Kilonum posted:

Well the 919 is now in pCARS2 and the current record on Nords with that car is 5:30.160. Best I could muster was a 6:12.472.

So very close to bellof. But you've only got 8MJ to work with, gotta be really careful with them. Bernhard has as many as he can generate, and more power, and more DF than you. Pretty respectable id say

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kilonum posted:

Even a 6:12:472 felt suicidally fast though, right? I've seen people ripping off laps in sims at that speed and all I can think is "haha holy poo poo no way could that be done in real life"

Something in the low 5s would be something I would be double checking the timing to make sure the clock didn't gently caress up, the laws of physics are being bent when you're lapping the ring that fast imo.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jun 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0DuNdC_LA0

Jimmy manages a 5m 03s with the 919 in Assetto Corsa.