Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Also utter poo poo: Betances' sad attempts to hold runners on.

Who gives a gently caress when he's gonna paint the black with 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Inspector_666 posted:

Who gives a gently caress when he's gonna paint the black with 100.

It does end up mattering a lot of the time even if it didn't there...

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
:siren: ANDUJAR WALK ALERT :siren:

EDIT: His walk rate is up to 3.9%!

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 7, 2018

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This is a relatively pathetic offensive performance.

Thank you Judge. I wanted to go to sleep.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 7, 2018

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
This has been one of the worst plate discipline games I've ever seen. Thank god for that Judge homer.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

mcmagic posted:

This is a relatively pathetic offensive performance.

Thank you Judge. I wanted to go to sleep.

STOP BEATING ME TO POSTS

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
they heard us talking poo poo. here comes the pileon

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That was the hardest hit homer i've ever seen.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I swear that Stanton HR was still rising when it hit that seat, holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/DingerTracker/status/1004553765595353089

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

Inspector_666 posted:

I swear that Stanton HR was still rising when it hit that seat, holy poo poo.

https://twitter.com/DingerTracker/status/1004553765595353089

Dear Lord. He hit it 119mph off a loving changeup?!?! Some stat nerd has to have a list of the greatest disparities between pitch speed and exit velocity. That has to be near the top.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

God bless Giancarlo Stanton

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Aaron Judge is for the children.

https://twitter.com/Jomboy_/status/1004553269807464448

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The division is going to be decided in games vs Toronto and Baltimore...

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

yes this is how baseball divisions work. They also will be decided by games against tampa bay!!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

mcmagic posted:

And v Tampa and the red Sox too

Hell, did you know games against other divisions also count? Interleague games too! Wacky!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If the yankees come in 2nd in the division they have to play a 1 game playin against the 2nd wildcard!

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Paul Zuvella posted:

yes this is how baseball divisions work. They also will be decided by games against tampa bay!!

Boston won the division last year because they played better against the bad teams in the division... Thats what I was getting at.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Speaking of games against the division I'm going to the yanks-rays series in Tampa with my dad at the month which is very exciting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I think i'm going to the real double header in Baltimore in July.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

humpthewind posted:

Speaking of games against the division I'm going to the yanks-rays series in Tampa with my dad at the month which is very exciting

exciting! Im hoping to get down to new york for a game at some point this summer

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
It's really amazing how good this team has been with Bird out for so much time, Stanton still not hitting like himself, Sanchez flailing around at the baseball, Didi not having a hit in 9 months and Gardner only recently starting hitting.

I love this team and they are going to be scary if they all pull it together.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

It's really amazing how good this team has been with Bird out for so much time, Stanton still not hitting like himself, Sanchez flailing around at the baseball, Didi not having a hit in 9 months and Gardner only recently starting hitting.

I love this team and they are going to be scary if they all pull it together.

I'm afraid to tell you that mcmagic will be in shortly to tell you why we wont even make the playoffs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

RCarr posted:

I'm afraid to tell you that mcmagic will be in shortly to tell you why we wont even make the playoffs.

No but I will say they should probably win the Division. Losing a 110 win season in a 1 game playoff would be less than ideal. Or playing another game 7 on the road...

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I was talking to someone today and they said that if Cole Hamels got on a hot streak he would not be opposed to trading Frazier for him

trade season is here!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Carlosologist posted:

I was talking to someone today and they said that if Cole Hamels got on a hot streak he would not be opposed to trading Frazier for him

trade season is here!

Punch that person

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

https://twitter.com/AlexRichardsNYY/status/1004790750914195456

heh

Even funnier that this comes out the day Syndergaard goes on the DL, AGAIN.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
There's nothing in the article about that demand actually being made.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tyson Ross or Danny Duffy.... Yeesh.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Tyson Ross or Danny Duffy.... Yeesh.

Ross has been really good so far.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

Ross has been really good so far.

Ross is a guy who had 2 good years in probably the best pitchers park in the majors in the NL, went to Texas as a FA and was so terrible that he got released and then went back to SD and is having a decent year this year. That's the guy we're going to bring to our bandbox in a pennant race? That would be an utter disaster.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

mcmagic posted:

Ross is a guy who had 2 good years in probably the best pitchers park in the majors in the NL, went to Texas as a FA and was so terrible that he got released and then went back to SD and is having a decent year this year. That's the guy we're going to bring to our bandbox in a pennant race? That would be an utter disaster.

I got his injury years messed up, but I think I might be willing to take the risk because his stuff looks way better this year than it did in Texas.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

What good comes from AL pitchers batting? Or pitchers hitting in general. Jesus Christ.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Did Tanaka get injured after scoring on the sac fly? I had to leave and pick up my wife from work. If so, gently caress the NL.

Bobby Cox
Nov 3, 2006

College Slice
Both his hamstrings? From sprinting 90 feet?

Both hamstrings??

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Tanaka getting hurt to any degree sucks but can we talk for a second about how it sounds like a Yankees home game?

Imagine being a Mets fan.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

mcmagic posted:

What good comes from AL pitchers batting? Or pitchers hitting in general. Jesus Christ.

Inspector_666 posted:

Tanaka getting hurt to any degree sucks but can we talk for a second about how it sounds like a Yankees home game?

I have dignity.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm a Jets fan so I really have no pity for any fanbase.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I think Brett Gardner is still good.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Inspector_666 posted:

I gave up on being a Mets fan a few weeks ago. The team is just not interested in at least trying to put together a contending team. Callaway and Roessler should be fired.

Maybe I'll revisit it when Alderson's gone and the Wilpons finally sell. When the team succeeds it seems to be in spite of the front office and ownership.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jun 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Armitage posted:

I gave up on being a Mets fan a few weeks ago. The team is just not interested in at least trying to put together a contending team. Callaway and Roessler should be fired.

It's not the manager's fault that Cespedes is disinterested in playing and the rest of their lineup is horrifically bad... Or that their farm system is so shallow that they have no one else to bring up to replace players that are clearly done.

• Locked thread