Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

TheAgent posted:

we are too poor, don't understand game development, have never held any sort of executive or management position, live with our parents, can't get laid, want to see chris fail because he won't let us run the game, send death threats over critical comments about star citizen as a false flag operation, hate sandi because she is a strong woman gamer, are a pawn of the SJWs, are a pawn of the big publishers and their lovely games, were banned thanks to Ben Lesnick's careful, even-handed moderation, have refunded all our big guns so we can't win in the non-P2W game, have never presented any leaks that have been proven to be true, we all love Derek Smart, we are all children that want pew-pew shootmans like Fortnite and have never played a deep, detailed RPG, we have a coordinated, highly-skilled and malicious sect dedicated to bring down the developers and backers of the game, can secretly and surreptitiously post on hundreds of websites fueling all negative comments about star citizen, while also holding no power or influence or able to do anything with the game because we are so inept, lackluster, impotent and afraid

Finally the truth can be told, we're the incompetent Illuminati! :yarg:

oh ffs, AGAIN?!

we have always been at war with curtains!

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

VictorianQueerLit posted:

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Community Where This Regularly Happens

:five:

Cletus Van Damme
May 7, 2008

Wanna buy some cheap starships?

ewe2 posted:

Finally the truth can be told, we're the incompetent Illuminati! :yarg:

oh ffs, AGAIN?!

we have always been at war with curtains!

Les pauls and a precision bass?

Saw
Aug 19, 2005

I am loosing my patience after seeing your big size boobs and having a wish to suck them for atleast one hour then t

XK posted:

Lay's Dill Pickle is where it's at. Almost like salt & vinegar, but a little better.

Old Dutch Dill Pickle chips are much better than Lay's Dill Pickle chips
I will go to the mat on this

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Saw posted:

Old Dutch Dill Pickle chips are much better than Lay's Dill Pickle chips
I will go to the mat on this

Lays Bacon chips.
Meet me on the mat please.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

VictorianQueerLit posted:

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Community Where This Regularly Happens

Meanwhile CIG stick their head in the sand like the fabled ostrich.
We need Croberts ostrich.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

We must relentless attack anyone critical of our years late, buggy, featureless pre-alpha game/dream. But don't blame the community if someone sends rape and death threats to the 13 year old daughter of someone that made a Youtube video. The community sure isn't fostering an environment of extreme hostility and toxicity.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Incitatus posted:

This thread is just jealous that they are all too poor.

There's more, and it's worse. I'm too poor, don't understand game development, have never held any sort of executive or management position, live with my parents, can't get laid, want to see chris fail because he won't let me run the game, send death threats over critical comments about star citizen as a false flag operation, hate sandi because she is a strong woman gamer, are a pawn of the SJWs, are a pawn of the big publishers and their lovely games, was banned thanks to Ben Lesnick's careful, even-handed moderation, have refunded all my big guns so I can't win in the non-P2W game, have never presented any leaks that have been proven to be true, I love Derek Smart, I'm a child that wants pew-pew shootmans like Fortnite and have never played a deep, detailed RPG, I'm part of a coordinated, highly-skilled and malicious sect dedicated to bring down the developers and backers of the game, can secretly and surreptitiously post on hundreds of websites fueling all negative comments about star citizen, while also holding no power or influence or able to do anything with the game because I'm so inept, lackluster, impotent and afraid

I am, a Salty Asshat

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

*extremely homo erotic cyber meme code voice*

I'm up!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Cletus Van Damme posted:

Les pauls and a precision bass?

Epi SG G400 Pro (2016), Epi SG Junior (2005, so not with the cool P90 :qq:) and G&L Tribute SB-2 (2012). You can't see it because I cropped, but there's also a Washburn XB125 5-string (2009) with dayglo strings on it further along. I couldn't fit the ukes on that rack, so they're out of shot. Still got space for a Strat and either a Tele or a Jazz type bass!

Saw
Aug 19, 2005

I am loosing my patience after seeing your big size boobs and having a wish to suck them for atleast one hour then t

Dogeh posted:

Lays Bacon chips.
Meet me on the mat please.

I'm a bit socially awkward. Is this where we start rubbing?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

One of my favorites gifs ever.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Saw posted:

Always be rubbing, friend.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Meridian posted:

Always be rubbing, friend.

:hfive:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
SidAlpha: Let's talk about the Star Citizen fan that threatened my family

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1knnIrvr4HE

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
REDDIT: Montoya: “Sid Alpha is wrong about Star Citizen...”

I’m dying. Montoya is a firefighting machine, racing from one CIG crisis to the next without ceasing.

Montoya’s Greatest Hits - Volume 3 posted:

“The Hercules Warbonds thing is good!”

“The $27k Legatus pack is no big deal! One game sold a planet for $6M!”

“Subscriptions are coming and you should support them!”

“SidAlpha is wrong about Star Citizen!”

Something tells me he is going to be very, very busy this year.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

In any community there are always those that are messed up in the head, but Star Citizen does seem to attract a higher share of crazies than is the norm.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

G0RF posted:

I’m dying. Montoya is a firefighting machine, racing from one CIG crisis to the next without ceasing.

I like how he claims someone can be wrong for having an opinion.

He says Sid is wrong for saying it seems like development has gone stale. How can Sid be wrong for saying to him it looks stale? It doesn't matter what CIG are and are not doing, he's saying to his eyes it looks stale.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Agony Aunt posted:

In any community there are always those that are messed up in the head, but Star Citizen does seem to attract a higher share of crazies than is the norm.

It's due to the nature of the project. It's a perfect storm of delusion from all parties and enough time to let poo poo really get going. It's now a faith based cult revolving around the impossible lies of a fool that was never going to deliver on his promises.

Like, sure, you'll have some mentally ill people slinging death threats if the Smash Brothers logo doesn't look right to them, but the Smash community hasn't spent a half decade developing a literal religion based around how this logo is supposed to look.

All of this backer rationalization about how other communities send death threats or how it's not all backers sending death threats or how not every death threat is from a backer is the same kind of lunatic tier rationalization they use to argue that the game isn't pay to win or that two years of zero progress is actually the maximum possible amount of progress. It's what they want to believe.

I mean they are still proud that Ben Lesnick banned sexual harassment victims from the forums for complaining about the whales that were sexually harassing them. The efforts to attack and threaten anyone critical of the game have been going on almost since the beginning so it's extremely rich that they want to act like this is somehow a new and isolated incident that doesn't reflect badly on the community in any way.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Jun 7, 2018

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

G0RF posted:

I loving hate Montoya and his :smuggo: attitude about being a cultist

Also I like how he responds to SidAlpha saying the game is only ships by saying 'look, you can see how they're progressing on ships'

And then he goes 'uh also stuff like bind culling'

Somehow bind culling is going to give us piracy mechanics, trade mechanics, farming mechanics, etc. etc. etc. lmao seriously Montoya

"There are 400 employees and only 20 work on ships" Okay now that's flat out bullshit.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I'm not only that Kazan, but I'm also THE Kazan

I was watching Cube and it reminded me that Kazan was the autistic character.

Hope I didn't just doxx :ohdear:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Montoya also completely admits they're out of money and have to keep selling ships to pay salary.

"That's been the model from the very beginning!"

No, actually, the beginning was "you give us X and we make the game", selling ships came later buddy.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

No, sorry ShapCap, some of the whales are among those who are really that toxic.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Problem with new thread title.

Star Wars fans exist.

http://fortune.com/2018/06/06/star-wars-actress-kelly-marie-tran-deletes-or-hides-instagram-posts/

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

LMAO Montoya cites GTA5 of all things to argue that games make more money from game sales than from DLC. "The notion they make more money by selling ships is complete nonsense! GTA made $1B in sales in the first 3 days!"

Rockstar has made poo poo tons of money from GTA Online microtransactions, over $500 Million. And the game wasn't even originally designed for them. That's why all development post release went into GTA Online and there was ZERO single player DLC unlike the past GTA games. If they had designed it better to focus on GTA Online they could have made more from microtransactions than game sales, which is what we should expect from GTA6.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

TheAgent posted:

we are too poor, don't understand game development, have never held any sort of executive or management position, live with our parents, can't get laid, want to see chris fail because he won't let us run the game, send death threats over critical comments about star citizen as a false flag operation, hate sandi because she is a strong woman gamer, are a pawn of the SJWs, are a pawn of the big publishers and their lovely games, were banned thanks to Ben Lesnick's careful, even-handed moderation, have refunded all our big guns so we can't win in the non-P2W game, have never presented any leaks that have been proven to be true, we all love Derek Smart, we are all children that want pew-pew shootmans like Fortnite and have never played a deep, detailed RPG, we have a coordinated, highly-skilled and malicious sect dedicated to bring down the developers and backers of the game, can secretly and surreptitiously post on hundreds of websites fueling all negative comments about star citizen, while also holding no power or influence or able to do anything with the game because we are so inept, lackluster, impotent and afraid

Can confirm and I accept this.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Saw posted:

Never not rub

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 7, 2018

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

It's also funny they want to act like all of the death, rape and general threats are a result of "THEM" that want to discredit the game and destroy it. They are talking about goons and the mythology they've constructed where goons criticizing the development means we are the worst people in the world who have organized with only one goal of destroying Star Citizen. Naturally anything and everything that looks bad about Star Citizen is our fault because Star Citizen is only ever good.

Except even when goons were hundreds of thousands deep and people were probated here for even joking about the game not coming out the threats were still flying toward anyone that dared to speak out against the game because this psycho-hostility poo poo has been in the Star Citizen community since the beginning, was encouraged by people like Ben Lesnick and has turned into literal fanaticism after having years to develop.

Sorry backers. You still have the ability to dream about the perfect game coming out some day because the fanatical crazy people have poured their hearts and wallets into Star Citizen. You can not have your cake and eat it too and pretend like the people mortgaging their houses and going tens of thousands of dollars deep couldn't possibly feel strongly enough to threaten anyone.

VictorianQueerLit fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 7, 2018

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

You monster! My laughs!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

He’s dead on in this followup. I don’t expect him calling out the Zealots (particularly on the subreddit) is going to produce any soul searching... And calling out CIG for turning a blind eye to the extremists due to their willingness to spend beyond reason is totally on point.

This problem deserved attention years ago. But from CIG’s perspective their very problem was their solution to another problem. The “how to silence doubters” problem.

The correct way to silence doubters has never been mysterious, Sandi, Ben, Chris, Lando... You dispel their doubts by delivering that which they doubt you’re capable of delivering.

Only you’re not very good at that. You never have been. In fact, you’re uniquely bad at that for some strange reason.

It’s not a lack of funding — you’ve been given Rockstar budgets. It’s not a lack of time — you’ve been given twice that most AAA games require... Most of the gaming community paying attention to you rooted for your success early on, yet most those same people now doubt your capacity to deliver much of anything beyond spaceship sales, excuses and lunatic defenders to shout down those expressing doubts.

Might be worth reflecting on how it’s all come to this, Chris. If you have trouble figuring it out, just find the nearest mirror and reflect on that for a while. I’m sure it’ll come to you eventually.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Joecee, last seen excoriating Bootcha on DaGaimez’s YouTube interview. Interesting the places that character shows up... and where they don’t.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

G0RF posted:

He doesn't even try to do the faux objectivity thing. He has honed down his craft to basically yammering 'ARE YOU FOR OR AGAINST'. It's good fun.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Why do they keep calling her a tranny?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Just red an article that SoTA players are getting c&d letters from SoTA's publisher Travian Games, informing them that real money trading of ingame items is against the rules and they have to stop. So, all the players buying land for a shitton of money in hopes to sell it for profit are now hosed, I guess?

Imagine the same would happen to SC. I think the amount of tears it would produce would net SC another entry into the guiness book => hosed of the most players within one hour.

Nunes
Apr 24, 2016

I am dumbfounded at how far off the pulse of reality the defenders are. Even if they have the money or feel the pack is justified, does not mean that John Every-man would feel the same. Then taking it a step further and trying to get folks to go after someone to take away their ability to express their opinions.... all over a hobby. Why can't you just disagree with an opinion you don't like, maybe add some evidence to counter their points if you feel THAT strongly they are wrong, then move on. I feel like on some level the Montoya's out there are doing damage control because they know deep down that this project is not in a good state and normal people left to their own devices would also come to that conclusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

I poo poo talk Elite often on Youtube. No one has ever sent me any threats...