Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

sneakyfrog posted:

:smithfrog:

i like math jokes

Have you seen this a capella song? I probably miss at least a quarter of the stuff since I never got beyond calc 3 and linear algebra, but it's still hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BipvGD-LCjU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hooah posted:

Have you seen this a capella song? I probably miss at least a quarter of the stuff since I never got beyond calc 3 and linear algebra, but it's still hilarious:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8P1oGF2nnA

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

JacquelineDempsey posted:

When I lived in Newport News, apparently our equivalent of tamale abuelas was lumpia ladies. The strong Navy presence meant a disproportionate number of Filipino housewives who were more than happy to hook you up in perpetuity if you did some kind of work for them.

...Brb, gotta go google where, if at all, the Filipino restaurant/grocers/community is in this town

Confirming this is still a major thing in Hampton Roads.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Twistershift posted:

Hmm, so that's where the one Hispanic family in the Midwest lives. Neat.

You clearly don’t know poo poo about the Midwest

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

zedprime posted:

Sometimes migrant workers get tired of being migrants and settle down and open a ridiculously good texmex or asian food restaurant in bumfuck, population 5k.

You can often eat better in Bumfuck, Midwest than the large midwestern cities because of this.

Word. The best burritos I've had outside Latin America were from a hole-in-the-wall bodega in a little city in Indiana.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Burt Sexual posted:

You clearly don’t know poo poo about the Midwest

Right? A huge section of Detroit is literally called Mexicantown.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Samuringa posted:

Tamale doesn't seem like a real word anymore

:tamales:

:females:

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Right? A huge section of Detroit is literally called Mexicantown.

It's fuckin rad too. Just don't go there at night.

Actually don't go to Detroit at night period.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Field Mousepad posted:

It's fuckin rad too. Just don't go there at night.

Actually don't go to Detroit at night period.

Wisdom.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I have never eaten a tamale and to be honest the description on wikipedia doesn't make them sound all that appealing. Having said that, they are clearly delicious going by the responses in this thread. The problem is that Australia has literally zero mexicans. The closest we get is a chain taco place called Guzman e Gomez that I'm sure an actual-Mexican person would be disgusted by.

https://i.imgur.com/zbZRJ3I.mp4

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Tamales from a little old lady in a parking lot are the best food on earth.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Bombadilillo posted:

Ok, first off, little old ladies rarely have a chest length beard, and secondly, what kind of tomales do you need to eat by sucking them through a hose with your eyes closed?....

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

I think you were looking for the "Pictures that make you utterly, hopelessly depressed" thread.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
This is a song about tamales

I'm pretty sure it's right on the line between okay and :nws:

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

This is a mass shooting thing isn't it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Parrotine posted:

It is, because the United States is a nightmarish hellhole

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Parrotine posted:

There are other reasons to go on lockdown, but yeah, they're generally unpleasant things. Maybe in rural areas you'll get partial lockdowns (exterior is closed up, but classes continue) because of bears or something. If there's a fugitive known to be in the area, or a problem with non-custodial family, or even if some hunters get too close to a school, they might call one. But they're really for trying to hinder some terrible person out to murder children.
At a presentation last a year, a police officer told us the county policy is first responders go in. No waiting around for backup. Single patrol officers, firefighters, EMTs...whoever gets there first goes in. They even got kevlar vests for non-police responders. Try to stop it, or at least get more information out of the building. No Stoneman Douglas-style fuckups.

Yay, America.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Accidental dupe

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo

I don't care for that.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

That’s gross.

BallerBallerDillz posted:

I don't care for that.

This is how you were born.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I lived in Phoenix for a year and a half and got drat I hated that dessert hellhole, but the Mexican food was amazing. I had a little drive in/walk up stand on the other side of my apartment complex, Los Betos or something similar, and god drat was that amazing stuff. They had amazing food, had my first cabeza tacos there, they did menudo on Sundays. I probably averaged three meals per week there the whole time I was in that apartment.

I worked in a restaurant there and there was this couple, middle aged Mexican people who were bussers for the lunch shift. About once per month they would take tamale orders and bring them in a huge cooler, either pork Verde or chicken in a red sauce. This was a high scale french bistro and all of the cooks and chefs, who were all very experienced fine dining culinary professionals, would order dozens of these things, we'd heat a bunch up on line and have them before service then save the rest to go home. God I miss those tamales.

And I suppose I should post content outside of the tamale derail

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014

BallerBallerDillz posted:

I don't care for that.

do yours not do this?

incoherent light has a new favorite as of 08:25 on Jun 7, 2018

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

literally Bladerunner 2049

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/mZ9lOz1.mp4

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/8DMoeUz.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/938wifW.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/HrSmm3s.gifv

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Jamesman posted:

I think you were looking for the "Pictures that make you utterly, hopelessly depressed" thread.

It's so sad :(

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Bored posted:

It's so sad :(

But more useful than being told to hide under your desk from a nuke!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Ak Gara posted:

But more useful than being told to hide under your desk from a nuke!

This is true!

This is gross!

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Randycondy

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Phlegmish posted:

Randycondy

:randno:

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

Bombadilillo posted:

i can only speak for myself, but if any of you find yourselves in the same poo poo small town in texas that I live, I will make sure you enjoy some tamales. I am sure other goons would do the same. Tamales are great

Jeffrey Dahmer
May 21, 2017

by Pragmatica
Muldoon

Jeffrey Dahmer has a new favorite as of 12:48 on Jun 7, 2018

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I was greatly disappointed in the Mexican food I found in Arizona. I thought all of it was going to be great since it was so close, but it's just like everywhere else where 90% of the restaurants are mediocre, but the good 10% are really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Gross. Just barely worth the gross payoff.

Nice av