Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

sorry that wasn't an earnest question, it was a bad joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

sorry that wasn't an earnest question, it was a bad joke.

Oh sorry, its just that after like 2016 i think when somebody lost an xbox logo usb key with the whole show and even unannounced games that were to be announced later in the year, its no longer a joke

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I think it's really weird that Microsoft has been (as far as I can tell) radio silent on what to expect from their briefing this year. I like a little mystery but Nintendo was very upfront that Smash 5 was their focus and Sony's been trumpeting their four "deep dives" of first party games but we know we're going to get a lot more out of both of them than those games. I tried looking up any leaks and all I got was speculation about a Fable, some idle Halo chatter, hey I dunno maybe a Forza, and THREE GEARS OF WAR GAMES!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/E3/status/1004551015893352448

Best E3 yet imo

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/E3/status/1004556852745695232

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Policenaut posted:

I think it's really weird that Microsoft has been (as far as I can tell) radio silent on what to expect from their briefing this year. I like a little mystery but Nintendo was very upfront that Smash 5 was their focus and Sony's been trumpeting their four "deep dives" of first party games but we know we're going to get a lot more out of both of them than those games. I tried looking up any leaks and all I got was speculation about a Fable, some idle Halo chatter, hey I dunno maybe a Forza, and THREE GEARS OF WAR GAMES!

I think Microsoft is gonna be the one to show Cyberpunk. There's also gonna be, for me, Ori footage probably.

Otherwise yeah I dunno. Maybe they'll shock the world and have a bunch of good exclusives somehow. The only MS specific exclusives I've cared about in recent years is Cuphead and Ori

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Man that was a hell of a nap I took if the first day is already over.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

Oh sorry, its just that after like 2016 i think when somebody lost an xbox logo usb key with the whole show and even unannounced games that were to be announced later in the year, its no longer a joke

lmao, forgot about that.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

They are going to call it Halo Odyssey

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.
I can't remember who is running the ship over at Microsoft, but i think whoever it is forgot they made games, got drunk, and had a pirate party. Microsoft might as well start making ps4 games if they dont have an exclusive this fall.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Halo One

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Macaluso posted:

Otherwise yeah I dunno. Maybe they'll shock the world and have a bunch of good exclusives somehow. The only MS specific exclusives I've cared about in recent years is Cuphead and Ori

I love these exclusives that I played on the PC

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

an actual dog posted:

it's gonna be skate 5. they're skipping skate 4 and going straight to 5.

2 + 3 = 5.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

strategery posted:

I can't remember who is running the ship over at Microsoft, but i think whoever it is forgot they made games, got drunk, and had a pirate party. Microsoft might as well start making ps4 games if they dont have an exclusive this fall.

Phil spencer runs it through his underling replacement matt booty following his promotion this year

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Xbox One (game)

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Ah, Kingdom Hearts

Top Gun
Oct 24, 2017

Policenaut posted:

Does Xbox One have a lineup for this year to next E3? Like not snark or shitposting here I'm trying to figure it out. There's a Forza right? Sea of Thieves updates? Gears maybe? Maybe...

https://twitter.com/bdsams/status/1004025456197296129

Wasn't there already a Halo Infinity? I think it was an app that came out in 2010 that had like all kinds of Halo content inside

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am honestly curious whats going on behind the scenes. i assume they have no idea what to do.

You think it's easy to harness the infinite power of the :yayclod:?

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Rocksteady better announce the Knightrider game I've been imagining voiced by Hoff

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Canadian posters, Walmart's E3 pricing seems to have kicked in for a lot of titles (although not all), and while a few hot titles are sold out there are still options.

For $50CAD+tax (down from $79.99CAD+tax), all standard physical editions where applicable

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 (PS4, XB1)
Fallout 76 (PS4, XB1)
Rage 2 (PS4, XB1)
Battlefield V (PS4, XB1)
Madden NFL 19 (PS4, XB1)
NHL 19 (PS4, XB1)
Soul Calibur VI (PS4, XB1)
Smash Bros (Switch)
Pokémon Let's Go! Pikachu (Switch)
Pokémon Let's Go! Eevee (Switch)
Final Fantasy VII Remake (Xbox One; PS4 version was discounted but is sold out)

They also have Spyro Remastered for $30 on Xbox One, with the PS4 version being sold out.
They also had Horizon Zero Dawn Complete for $30 but that's sold out.

They had $50 pre-orders for "Yoshi" and "Metroid" for Switch and those were sold out immediately because of course. Also Shadow of Tomb Raider at $50 is sold out on both platforms.

Other games aren't discounted yet as far as I can tell. Best Buy and/or Amazon are likely to follow suit in at least some capacity but last year only Wal-Mart had discounted Switch pre-orders.

univbee fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 7, 2018

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey so that 4chan guy (or at least someone pretending to be them) who leaked that display card thing for Nintendo's E3 playable game booths is back with what's allegedly the rest of them. No idea if this is actually the same person and I'm sure you can pick it apart piece by piece to see if it's real or not (the original picture is shaping up to be legit by now) but hey, if you wanna speculate and/or do something this morning (or afternoon/evening wherever you are?) then enjoy this picture.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there is no way in hell that cyberpunk 2077 is only a microsoft game or there will be some limited exclusivity or something...right?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Do it. Make Reawakening, you cowards.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

there is no way in hell that cyberpunk 2077 is only a microsoft game or there will be some limited exclusivity or something...right?

Rise of the Tomb Raider was Xbox One timed exclusive at first but sold so poorly they fast-tracked the PC release to the following month. I don't think any third party that isn't actually owned by Microsoft is going to forego PS4 ever again. At worst I think it'll be like with Witcher 3 where the really expensive edition with statue and stuff came with slightly more physical stuff on XB1, but the PS4 version of the game was nonetheless feature-complete from the get-go. And remember that CDPR has its own DRM-free PC storefront that they'll give precedence to if anything.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What is that Heroines game

DoctorGonzo posted:

No, but apparently CDPR are pals with Microsoft so a lot of people are speculating that they get the game reveal for their conference. If not then the PC Gaming Show is getting that reveal

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Macaluso posted:

What is that Heroins game

It's the SNK all-girls fighting game coming to PS4 and Switch.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Policenaut posted:

It's the SNK all-girls fighting game coming to PS4 and Switch.

Oh *balloon deflating noise*

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Terper posted:

Do it. Make Reawakening, you cowards.

It's actually a remake of Fire Emblem's 4 and 5 only Tharja and Nowi are inserted into the games for one reason or another.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Sony's release date announcement for a worldwide studios title is happening a little over two hours from now (8 A.M. PT/11 A.M. ET).

Whatever's being announced for Hitman (likely a standalone sequel given asset leaks) is happening four hours from now (10 A.M. PT/1 P.M. ET).

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

Policenaut posted:

Hey so that 4chan guy (or at least someone pretending to be them) who leaked that display card thing for Nintendo's E3 playable game booths is back with what's allegedly the rest of them. No idea if this is actually the same person and I'm sure you can pick it apart piece by piece to see if it's real or not (the original picture is shaping up to be legit by now) but hey, if you wanna speculate and/or do something this morning (or afternoon/evening wherever you are?) then enjoy this picture.

What evidence do we have that the original is shaping up to be legit?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Megasabin posted:

Fortnite and Paladins have been datamined on the eShop.

Best thing about those leaks is that is just the playable games. Lord knows what is in store for trailers :allears:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Megasabin posted:

Since it showed up: Fortnite and Paladins leaked on the eShop, FIFA 19 announced, Killer Queen's Twitter page going "black", someone actually remembering Starlink exists.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Megasabin posted:

Fortnite at least is essentially confirmed. They pushed out a patch for it on the eShop backend. :v:

Not sure about the rest.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Anthem on PS4 and XB1 are also discounted to $50 on Wal-Mart Canada but you have to search for them (and you might for some of the other games I listed).

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Atlus announced their 2 new E3 games and unsurprisingly they're just the Persona 3 and Persona 5 dancing games. Shockingly they're also localizing the Vita versions so the Vita will continue to lurch in its eternal undeath for another year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtbjStPDs_0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0YpE76JQoM

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where the gently caress is the Catherine remaster for ps4

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Paladins is now up for preorder on the Aussie eShop for the Switch.

So that leak = very likely.

:woop: Dragonball FighterZ for Switch GET HYPE :woop:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

kind of disappointed there's nothing surprising there since Fire Emblem 2018 has been a baldfaced "it's happening" all year but hey, if it has anything to do with Awakening, which was the last one I cared about, I'm in. lol though if the Starfox news was complete bullshit

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
So I've heard both that Microsofts conference will be 2 hours and that it will only be 45 min. Which is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Policenaut posted:

The original leak seems cool because it has stuff that people might not predict that is seemingly provable now, it's funny that the additional pages are almost all stuff that we already know and would be easier to fake (and is even blurrier?)

lol it's funny how the additional pages are photographed so they hide the corner of the paper that was covered up in the original, almost like a bad edit.

• Locked thread