Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

I still think he's getting fired. It's too crazy otherwise

I am with you but today was the first day I started feeling real doubt. At first I thought they were trying to stretch this out to see if it would blow over or they could stretch it out but then when they realized they couldn't they'd fire him. Now I'm just hoping Silver didn't want them to release big news on the day of a finals game or that they are trying to give him a way to resign and blame it all on his wife or something I don't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

What kind of poo poo is this? WHat happened to you? CHEER FOR CHAOS

i just want a rich rear end in a top hat who owes everything in life to his birth(but i repeat myself) to get like, any kind of consequence no matter how minor in trumps america. i just want evil to take the tiniest of L's cause i know it never truly loses anything but the little ones where some jackass product of nepotism mother fucker doing something blatantly worthy of being fired gets his slap on the wrist instead of stone nothing

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

I am with you but today was the first day I started feeling real doubt. At first I thought they were trying to stretch this out to see if it would blow over or they could stretch it out but then when they realized they couldn't they'd fire him. Now I'm just hoping Silver didn't want them to release big news on the day of a finals game or that they are trying to give him a way to resign and blame it all on his wife or something I don't know

Yeah I was 100% sure this morning but I'm now like 95% sure, which is still baffling

Ghost Dog posted:

i just want a rich rear end in a top hat who owes everything in life to his birth(but i repeat myself) to get like, any kind of consequence no matter how minor in trumps america. i just want evil to take the tiniest of L's cause i know it never truly loses anything but the little ones where some jackass product of nepotism mother fucker doing something blatantly worthy of being fired gets his slap on the wrist instead of stone nothing

I view it like the evil Philly fanbase gets punished more than anyone... they're so evil

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

when i called ben simmons a bad jeff green i didnt know it meant evil jeff green

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Ghost Dog posted:

this was well said

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

I view it like the evil Philly fanbase gets punished more than anyone... they're so evil

im gonna repost that post you made to bwv at you !!! :hmmyes:

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Ghost Dog posted:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

im gonna repost that post you made to bwv at you !!! :hmmyes:

That's not comparable, this is schadenfreude of the purest vintage so try again

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

That's not comparable, this is schadenfreude of the purest vintage so try again

There is no need to. :clint:

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Jota posted:

There is no need to. :clint:

Ok Obi Wan

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

He still gone

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

https://twitter.com/JrodSThomas/status/1004485084693651458

Hub Dirt
Apr 26, 2008
The process... is dead.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Hub Dirt posted:

The process... is dead.

Dead as dirt

We’re basically the Knicks now

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The process is dead, find a new slant

PremiumBlend
Jun 12, 2002

We did it little buddy...
Probably the best case scenario for Philly fans at this point is that Jerry convinced them to save some face for his failson, and say they believe his story about blaming it all on the wife, but still firing him/letting him resign. This would at least allow Bryan to Pinkie Promise not to tell his wife any of the good dirt the next time he is trying to dupe some org into letting him run things. Even in this "best case" scenario though, Jerry probably still stays with the team in his role.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
How could they even have a meeting between him and Embiid. Or even a phone call. Are they just supposed to pretend that nothing happened?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spring Break My Heart posted:

How could they even have a meeting between him and Embiid. Or even a phone call. Are they just supposed to pretend that nothing happened?

Technically weirder relationships have worked, look at what Gilbert did and Lebron "forgave" him but it took years

Fultz and Embiid probably would like to punch him in the face right now

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/JoelEmbiid/status/1004521505533751296

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

What does it mean .

Oh Kermit tea

euphronius fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 7, 2018

houstonguy
Jun 2, 2005

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Cool Buff Man posted:

Technically weirder relationships have worked, look at what Gilbert did and Lebron "forgave" him but it took years

Fultz and Embiid probably would like to punch him in the face right now

well sure, but on the other hand, think about how easy that Simmons extension is going to be to get done in a few years

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

euphronius posted:

What does it mean .

Oh Kermit tea

It doesn't mean that at all it mean he's at center City sips in Philly today is the first one of the summer lmao

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Please rename this thread to Oh Kermit tea

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Cool Buff Man posted:

Please rename this thread to Oh Kermit tea

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Colon Jello

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Is there a single GM in the entire league that would be worth keeping despite having this cloud over him for the rest of his career? Approximately how many spots above the bottom does Bryan Colangelo rank in terms of "executives worth taking a major publicity hit for"?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Oh Kermit tea, Oh Kermit tea
How lovely are thy burners
Oh Kermit tea, oh Kermit tea
Now you may only sign Evan Turners

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

I saw all the new posts in this thread and only received maximum disappointment. What the gently caress Philly you idiots.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

What the gently caress

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
what the gently caress

Spoke Lee
Dec 31, 2004

chairizard lol
We need a campaign to let Josh Harris know that if he agrees to let him stay no one will want to hang out with him anymore.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Normal Collars

Collect very normal collars to increase your burner account follows

Avoid Hinkie, Joel, The Ringer and others who might expose your burners

Jerry will give you more burners

http://normalcollars.com/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/sheridanhoops/status/1004658344492240896

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This is a simple decision that the phili owners can't figure out lmao

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Metapod posted:

They need to fire Simmons and Embiid.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

In other news, the sky is blue

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Simmons should love the tweets

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cool Buff Man posted:

Selfishly yeah. I see what you are saying.

But if he cares about his friends no.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Metapod posted:

Owners are trash, news at 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

I was going to make a similar joke, but realistically this puts Simmons in a lovely position if he actually does want to be a leader on the team.

• Locked thread