Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

oh drat, are we going to have to expend time points at a later date if we pick the otherwise basically ideal refurbishment?

I'm trying to follow, are you saying we'll "borrow" the A ship now and just buy it out right later?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Toughy posted:

I'm trying to follow, are you saying we'll "borrow" the A ship now and just buy it out right later?

i'm reading it as more "eventually we will not have the ship anymore because we have given it back, so while we get the influence points back we'll have to obtain another ship at either cost of time (current A through C) or opportunity (current D)"

which would alter my voting decision, probably

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
C, we're an Archon-designed tin can with a traumatized Human mind inside, living inside Space Black Mesa. We should definitely get ourselves a haunted space hulk.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

GreyjoyBastard posted:

i'm reading it as more "eventually we will not have the ship anymore because we have given it back, so while we get the influence points back we'll have to obtain another ship at either cost of time (current A through C) or opportunity (current D)"

which would alter my voting decision, probably

Pretty much any time we pick up a new ship there will be a STP cost. This covers anything from cleaning out the remains of the former crew to adjusting the thermostat life support to our preferred settings.

And Korote didn't really give an expiration date for the loan, but she can't permenantly give it to you since she's not Flotilla Logistics. So it would be yours to use untill a Flotilla emergency popped up or you found something else.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
okay thanks for the heads up, time for me to confuse the vote total again

AC to just plain C

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

C

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

dont be mean to me posted:

The Archon hulk sounds like an arc in itself.

ABD

After sleeping on it, this actually sounds awesome.

C

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Any reason we can't do D anyway? Again an extra ship will be nice.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Toughy posted:

True.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Toughy posted:

We could, but without enough Influence to cover its cost a ship starts racking up penalties for poor maintenance. We could set it aside for future use or add it to the Twi-Far support fleet, but it may be a bit before we can fly two ships at once without issues.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Update will go up tomorrow, but until then an updated map:

The Northwestern Density Anomaly was revealed to be the site of a crashed orbital shipyard that the jungle has grown up and over. It contains alot of salvage and materials, but the crater has pushed out the rich soil making farming less feasible. Being down on the jungle proper means that the general danger level increases greatly.
Wreckage of Orbital Shipyard
Farms: 1
Mines: 3
Industry: 3
Prosperity: 2
Security: 1
Order: 2
Special area Traits: Exotic Foods, Ancient Labs,

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Let's put our friends the Twi-far down there, because they can bug-out quick if things go south.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

i preemptively wish to express my support for a lasting alliance with the xenomorph warcrimes scientist who has discovered the social utility of pants

and not just because the Eden Brood has contracted us to bring hundreds of millions of local xenomorphs back into the fold, and not just because between the two of us we control most of the really useful hexes in the immediate area (although i want to know what that one ruin hex in the NW is)

edit also while that's a great place for a Twi-Far outpost, it'd also be a great place for a Neph outpost

assuming i'm understanding correctly and the Neph strategy isn't just "maximize the food number and drat the torpedoes"

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

We should probably do the project to locate feral nephs in the area before settling anywhere off the plateaus.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Kaijuberg Forward Salvaging Camp, Topside

Leaning out over the railing of the temporary tree-camps set up to house those working on raising the Archon hull out of the wreckage, you frantically try to get the salvage crews’ attention.
“No no no! For God’s sake, 'jerk it back and forth until it pops out' is for getting your groundcar unstuck, not salvaging a multi-hundred-kilotonne starship! Gently!”

The whine of the dueling Electro-Grav coils below you subsides, and there’s a handful of apologetic waves from the workers. They return to prying the massive ship out of the debris, and you return to your call. Cline’s face is still on the screen, impossibly looking even more frazzled and put-upon.

“I am sorry about what happened Captain, but what could I do? I did give you advanced warning that they were coming, can’t you be reasonable?”

You lean into the camera, your faceplate now filling the screen on Cline’s end.
Reasonable? I am being reasonable Cline, what I’d really like to do is come up there and shove you through an airlock. So unless you want that to be on the table, I suggest you send me some better offers.”

You cut the comm while Cline is stammering, the horrors of going up against an Insurance Audit will make him far more pliable than threats of physical violence. The threats are mainly to make you feel better, if you’re being honest. Its almost like there's something not quite right about your decision-making process the last few days, an inner voice that’s been missing.

Your comm-window opens again, this time showing Jadzi’s worried and grease-streaked face.
“Ah, Capya? We’ve just got the hull abovegroundya. And, ya, its asking for you.”

Kaijuberg Forward Salvaging Camp, Ground Level

The Archon vessel is massive, nearly twice the size of The Jenni. Despite the ravages of its past and Kaltoran salvage techniques, the hull is remarkably intact. It even has some sort of power reserves, as some of the exterior lights begin to cycle on. As you approach the mid-ship airlock, it too lights up. A holo appears, some unknown logo.
“Welcome to your Excelsior-class Multipurpose Vessel, User 274_10/6. Unfortunately ship’s systems have suffered a unrecoverable fault, and have been returned to factory settings. Please choose your preferred ship configuration:

Columbia-type
Wukong-type
Lamarr-type
Bull-type

=====
Decision 1: Cline’s Offer
Cline is sending us a few possible offers to settle our complaint against him. Which do we accept.
A: Lots of Cash (10STP)
A lump sum payment
B: A Share of the Station (3 Influence)
We become part-owners of Bastion High
C: A Ship
Cline gets us a Corporation-type ship (good at cargo)
D: Counteroffer (Other)
Let Cline know how he can sweeten the deal

Decision 2: Type of Archon Ship
It looks like the Archon ship can set its configuration based on the owner’s input. What do we want our ship to focus on?
E: Columbia (Exploration)
F: Wukong (Martial)
G: Lamarr (Science)
H: Bull (Commerce)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

BF

W U K O N G

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
B Why take what he has now when we can take part of what he has forever.

F The skies over Kaijuberg will not be vulnerable again.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
1. AB
2. F

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

Does B come with any profit sharing over time?

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Toughy posted:

Does B come with any profit sharing over time?

Not in the form of STP. It does give us free access to the spacecraft-related workshops there which may save us money

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

PoultryGeist posted:

Not in the form of STP. It does give us free access to the spacecraft-related workshops there which may save us money

Space dry docks? To repair any ship we want no questions asked?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Toughy posted:

I mean we're also getting 3 Influence points, and we need those to run settlements, ships, fleets, etc.

It's arguably worth more than money, in game terms anyway. Social capital in Fragged is not only valuable but also has mechanical benefit. The premium currency, in other words.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Toughy posted:

Hmm, lets say minimal questions asked. Basic ones like 'is this going to self-destruct on us' and the like may still be asked.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

BF

I'm just thinking we get our friends and archon ship in and out constantly it'll be "noticeable"

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

BG

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

BF

W U K O N G - Designation: Black Seeds of Vengeance

A ripple courses through the synthetic equivalent of our hindbrain, and for a moment our every surface sensors experiences a delightful frisson.

Toughy
Nov 29, 2004

KAVODEL! KAVODEL!

O hey how quickly can this ship adapt to a different setting? Can we change it later at all?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Not Alex posted:

B Why take what he has now when we can take part of what he has forever.

F The skies over Kaijuberg will not be vulnerable again.

Agreed, plus the gamey "influence is the best thing" concerns. also the drydock bonus pleases me

We can pay other people to haul our poo poo, and pick up a later boat for exploration or something like that, but our top priority right now is getting our current turf online and impregnable.

B, F.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

B
F

Ain't nobody pulling this poo poo on us again, and we've got an Archon battlecruiser to back it up.

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?

Toughy posted:

O hey how quickly can this ship adapt to a different setting? Can we change it later at all?

It can be changed later, it would involve removing anything we might add and then doing a Refit (2xSTP, requires Workshop). So not something you can do on the fly, but possible.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

We're gonna need a good ship to drive a spike through Cline's BACK into the loving wall.

Drat, late but we got what I wanted.

BF.

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 7, 2018

PoultryGeist
Feb 27, 2013

Crystals?
Update will be tomorrow, voting closes at 10AM EDT Saturday 6/9.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

BF since it makes no sense to fight the tide, and at Discord's insistence proposing we christen our new hulk the Foregone Conclusion.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

The Thinly Veiled Threat
The Failure of Diplomacy
The I Haven’t Had My Coffee Yet, So Don’t Give Me An Excuse
The Big, Blinking, Shiny, Red Button

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

malbogio posted:

I Haven’t Had My Coffee Yet, So Don’t Give Me An Excuse