Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Just let your legs get furry. It's protection from the elements, you know.

That doesn't sound very aero and I live in SoCal, we don't have "elements" here.

I bought some organic mixed berry (mostly strawberry I think) and its good but not as good as honey on my peanut butter sandwiches. Wanted to try something different and it didn't work out. Oh well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHobo
Dec 28, 2008

Xaris posted:

I was obsessed with Siggis' yogurt and Costco had a 12-pack for $12, but then got rid of it. I've been to three different Costcos. I ain't paying loving 1.69 - 1.99 grocery store prices for 1 jfc

sucks when the costco gets rid of good poo poo

My local Costco did the same and I was bummed, but after a couple of weeks the Siggis were back. Don't lose hope!

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Olanphonia posted:

Picked up 4 new tires from the 'Co today. No line this morning and only took about an hour. Didn't realize it comes with nitrogen fills (and, afaik, free refills of nitrogen).

PBUC

This changes everything.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Regular air is 78.09% nitrogen so don't fall for this extremely dumb gimmick.

It better be free.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
they should fill your tires with helium, for weight reduction

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Rutibex posted:

they should fill your tires with helium, for weight reduction

This is an explosive idea everyone is going to start doing this

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
If you do the Nitrogen filled thing you are only ever supposed to top off with Nitrogen which means you can only do it at certain places. Using regular air once ruins the whole Nitrogen thing as it adds water vapor back into the sealed environment.

That is not to say you shouldn't do it just don't pay extra for it unless you can be sure you will only ever top it off with more Nitrogen.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

The Slack Lagoon posted:

This is an explosive idea everyone is going to start doing this

Helium is inert. Are you thinking of hydrogen?

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Maybe, probably

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
A tire filled with regular air isn't a "sealed environment?"

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Helium is also literally the most slippery molecule in he universe and will diffuse through 30 feet of glass in a surprisingly short amount of time.

It’s a neat idea except your tires would be flat in maybe four miles. I mean... pressurized, heated up helium held in by a 4” rubber/steel barrier isn’t going to do anything.

Skrill.exe
Oct 3, 2007

"Bitcoin is a new financial concept entirely without precedent."
If you get a cool mechanic they'll sometimes let you take a few pulls off the nitrogen hose. Ask me how I know.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

DNK posted:

Helium is also literally the most slippery molecule in he universe and will diffuse through 30 feet of glass in a surprisingly short amount of time.

It’s a neat idea except your tires would be flat in maybe four miles. I mean... pressurized, heated up helium held in by a 4” rubber/steel barrier isn’t going to do anything.

Helium or Hydrogen will diffuse like that?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

GORDON posted:

A tire filled with regular air isn't a "sealed environment?"

It is a sealed environment still but regular air has water vapor in it most times.

Have a read. http://www.gonitrotire.com/nitrogen-tire-inflation-blog/can-you-mix-air-and-nitrogen-in-tires/

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
O God guys
Can tires get vapor locked????

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

KakerMix posted:

O God guys
Can tires get vapor locked????

No but Stihl chainsaws can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja9t4PtJx_Q

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Trastion posted:

It is a sealed environment still but regular air has water vapor in it most times.

Have a read. http://www.gonitrotire.com/nitrogen-tire-inflation-blog/can-you-mix-air-and-nitrogen-in-tires/

This site is full of complete unscientific bullshit.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Chinatown posted:

It better be free.

It is. When I used to have tires from Costco I'd stop by every month to get them topped off for free. You just pull up outside the tire bay, and they have an extra long hose that they'll take around to each tire to top them off. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Coredump posted:

i think he is full of poo poo. i had a party balloon once that lasted months. it deflated a bit, but it was still floating there

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

Coredump posted:

You made me look up scholarly articles about the diffusion of hydrogen and helium :byoscience:

Hydrogen will diffuse through metal better than helium despite H2 being physically larger than He because it can (briefly) disassociate into 2 H which allows the gas to pass through a crystalline metal structure.
http://www.energy.gov/sites/prod/files/2014/03/f10/pipeline_group_feng_ms.pdf

Helium will slowly diffuse through most polymers due to imperfections in the polymer lattice. It’s the smallest stable molecule. This is why balloons don’t last years. I couldn’t find anything seriously studying this, but I have a friend who’s working with liquid helium for orbital telescope stabilization and he’s always bitching about containment issues. I’d assume it’s harder to contain due to the greater pressure difference (near vacuum outside) and imperfect sealing (plethora of gaskets).

Regardless, both are probably pretty bad for inflating tires. 30 feet of glass would very likely hold helium for a long time xD that was some serious hyperbole.

DNK fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 7, 2018

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Rutibex posted:

i think he is full of poo poo. i had a party balloon once that lasted months. it deflated a bit, but it was still floating there

Well yeah but it didn't have a car's weight pressing on it. Science goons, goon my goon.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

EvilHobo posted:

My local Costco did the same and I was bummed, but after a couple of weeks the Siggis were back. Don't lose hope!

GOod to know, Im just worried because it's been 3 different 'Cos

Next time I see it, I'm grabbing like four cases of it just in case

..oh god im becoming a costco prepper

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Irradiation posted:

This site is full of complete unscientific bullshit.

It was the first article I found after a quick google search. There may be others that are more scientific for you but whatever.

My point was that the whole nitrogen thing is more a marketing thing than anything because it doesn't have the same affect once you introduce regular air back into the system.

I went to church and got a dog and some gas for my car at lunch.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
If you ever see a car tire with a GREEN air valve stem cover, that means it has nitrogen in it!!!

my c-co washer/dryer were delivered & installed, they're so pretty.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I will fill my car tires with nitrous oxide, so I can have a good time if I ever get trapped anywhere in a snow storm or something.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Supreme Allah posted:

If you ever see a car tire with a GREEN air valve stem cover, that means it has nitrogen in it!!

Ah, ok, that's what that means. I bought new tires at CostCo last month.

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
Are those salad bowls actually good to take to work for lunch?

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

My local 'co got some guacamole salsa. My fellow brethren, I could drink this stuff from the bottle

https://www.instacart.com/costco/products/18447665-herdez-medium-guacamole-salsa-23-6-oz

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Had the vanilla / acai mixed frozen yogurt today (I wanted to tip my toes gently in the acai controversy). Honestly, didn't taste that great to me. Maybe I'm not a big acai person but I felt like it tasted like a bunch of flowers. Is that howit's supposed to taste?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just checked out my mailer that Costco sent out and they have my Champion Boxer Briefs that I'm wearing right now with $3 off for $9.99 for 4 pair. It's the kind with the technical fabric that breathes and everything. I think I got 3 pair at Target for $20.

PfuckingBUC.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

milkman dad posted:

Had the vanilla / acai mixed frozen yogurt today (I wanted to tip my toes gently in the acai controversy). Honestly, didn't taste that great to me. Maybe I'm not a big acai person but I felt like it tasted like a bunch of flowers. Is that howit's supposed to taste?

Kind of. The acai isn't really worth it without the bowl items.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My local Costco grand opening ceremony is on the 28th, should I go?

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

FCKGW posted:

My local Costco grand opening ceremony is on the 28th, should I go?

Of course! You get to eat a dog with the Costco President and CEO, what's not to like?

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

We Atlanta goons should go to the August one in Woodstock.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
I was doing some intel gathering on taco shops in Tijuana when I found this photo.

PBUC

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Sorry, didn't notice the pizza because I'm too busy staring at that giant spit of al pastor meat...

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I think thats the food court. I was in Cabo last fall and they had an amazing looking pineapple/al pastor pizza on the food court menu. Unfortunately didnt get to try it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Geoj posted:

Sorry, didn't notice the pizza because I'm too busy staring at that giant spit of al pastor meat...

I, too, am mesmerized by spinning meat.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Chinatown posted:

I, too, am mesmerized by spinning meat.

There exist a website to cater to this. Meatspin.com for all your spinning meat needs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Groupon had a deal on Costco memberships, so I purchased a voucher for one. I'm hoping to redeem it tomorrow after work, then redeem myself at the food court