Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Sugar Blaster posted:

I turned Raw on when I got home on Monday just in time to hear Michael Cole going on about how stupid Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt are and I thought to myself "you're right Cole this IS a poor use of my time" so I just turned the TV off and went to go play Bloodstained instead.
Nice to see we've still got the play-by-play guy burying the product on air, that'll get the viewers invested. I know, it doesn't matter because nothing matters and WWE still makes all the money in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Doc Morbid posted:

Nice to see we've still got the play-by-play guy burying the product on air, that'll get the viewers invested.
To be fair to Cole, that's because Vince is in his ear

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

piss tape israel posted:

To be fair to Cole, that's because Vince is in his ear

Literally, in his ear. Unsatisfied with the limits of human height he has shrunk him down to microscopic levels to better appreciate the form of man.

Tiny racist muscle grandpa.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Re: Cass chat his best contribution is if hes designated the new Test or the new Diesel. Debate abounds.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Vince is a Yeerk.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Lid posted:

Re: Cass chat his best contribution is if hes designated the new Test or the new Diesel. Debate abounds.
Can Big Cass even do a power bomb?

I'd say the new Khali.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

At least Khali is Indian to try and appeal to a different audience. Cass has what? An average height for the WWE?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I think the Cole thing is supposed to be an angle since they keep mentioning it, and they have the guy people like supporting Matt.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Fat Lowtax posted:

Vince is a Yeerk.

there are far too many hours of wrestling on each week for him to catch his rays every three days tho

bartok
May 10, 2006

Lid posted:

I liked Test despite his many flaws. Dude had a way better big boot and could do his elbow drop off the top rope.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Test was an entertaining big man who deserved a (slightly) higher profile than he ever got.

Big Cass is big rear end.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

put cass and corbin in a tall tag team

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Billzasilver posted:

put cass and corbin in a tall tag team

This is the best strategy to make Corbin look good I've seen so far.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Soul Glo posted:

there are far too many hours of wrestling on each week for him to catch his rays every three days tho

You don't need to get your rays from a pool. You can have the host eat Oatmeal though that creates an addiction for more oatmeal, or you can eat other Yeerks.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Lid posted:

New Kurragan without the potential to be the big guy in a bunch of movies.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority
I liked Test, and his big boot was hella dope. It was also one of the most "gently caress YOU"-looking moves in the Smackdown games.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Test doing the elbow drop off an Elimination Chamber pod at December to Dismember 2006 was a genuine :staredog: moment and probably the highlight of that shitshow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The billion dollar era
https://twitter.com/themib/status/1004629138534293504

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Incessant Excess posted:

This is the best strategy to make Corbin look good I've seen so far.
Corbin's heel work is already miles and miles beyond Cass. I probably have some sort of damage from watching the last year of wrestling but I've found he's gotten sort of fun even.

Cass looks small and frightened, and concerned he's not certain he's wearing pants.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
They should roll with Cass loving up the Yes Lock multiple times and teach him a moveset based around flashily countering signature moves.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Roll Cass up into a large oriental rug and then hurl the rug into the East River.

You cannot teach that.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

https://twitter.com/JamieOD/status/1004649120961892352

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Man I hope "All In" does well. I know it's not going to be a threat to WWE, I'm just sick of the shenanigans that the company is pulling and want another viable alternative in America.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

But All In isn't going to be a regular thing and that's why it's had success, so far.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I will say on the extended tryout thing in WWE's defence to a degree. WWE was going to have the traditional WWE tryout in the UK the other month but they cancelled it - personally heard WWE staff were "too hungover" after Wrestlemania and the Saudi show to organise one. Talent were contracted for it and are by rights owed a tryout in November when they return. Nina and Charlie are young up and comers and next in line for a strong look at by WWE. So WWE might be just formalising a promise.

Coffey and Wild Boar are largely just good hands in the ring.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Lid posted:

Cass
Cass
This is a Cass

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Test was great and it was a shame how the HHH feud destroyed his career.

Cass just fuckin sucks

#riptest #freeRGL

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

CobiWann posted:

Man I hope "All In" does well. I know it's not going to be a threat to WWE, I'm just sick of the shenanigans that the company is pulling and want another viable alternative in America.

MLW has a weekly show that goes up on YouTube now. It's not a viable alternative as in an alternative that will dethrone WWE, but it's a solid hour of wrestling each week. I know there are tons of other US indies, of course, but I'm not sure how many others upload a regular show anywhere. Not every episode lights the world on fire, but it's pretty good and it's fun hearing Tony Schiavone on commentary again.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

No ones going to stand shoulder to shoulder with wwe again we may get a viable alternative but really its gonna take a billionaire money mark to have a shot as even if any viable alternative pops up wwe will just poach their talent as they can afford to pay someone far more soley to just get them off the rival show.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
This is so petty lol

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I remember we were so excited for Enzo and Cass to get called up. I guess a tag division with just The New Day and The Lucha Dragons made us a little extra thirsty for a new team. I wish Enzo and Cass and The Revival switched pushes.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
CM Punk's lawyer:

https://twitter.com/LauraKMcNally/status/1004388023440637952

Obviously Punk and Colt were probably confident about the verdict. But still, I can't imagine how they felt just before it was read out.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Lid posted:

Even in that poo poo title run, Diesel/HBK at Mania 11 got 4 stars and Diesel/Bret at '95 Survivor Series got 3.5, so all we gotta do is pair Big rear end with one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, and

Oh, we're doing that right now? And it's still not very good? Ah.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Big Cass should be mad that he's too tall to be an astronaut and envious that Bryan is the correct height and then they should fight in one of those airplanes that keep dropping to simulate zero-G.

This is a good use of your literal billions Vince.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The Croc posted:

No ones going to stand shoulder to shoulder with wwe again we may get a viable alternative but really its gonna take a billionaire money mark to have a shot as even if any viable alternative pops up wwe will just poach their talent as they can afford to pay someone far more soley to just get them off the rival show.

Mark Cuban, a weary world turns its eye to you.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/WWEUKCT/status/1004731914840834049

Jonny Saint looks like a conservative Prime Minister who got caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The Croc posted:

WWE fighting future competition by making sure no one ever likes wrestling enough ever again to want to put money into competing. There can’t be a new Ted Turner if the only wrestling little Ted has ever seen has burned him out on the concept.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

https://twitter.com/WWEUKCT/status/1004731914840834049

Jonny Saint looks like a conservative Prime Minister who got caught in bed with a dead girl or a live boy.

If he's going to be UK's Vince storywise that works quite well.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Today I learned that Carmella is a second-generation wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Shine posted:

I liked Test, and his big boot was hella dope. It was also one of the most "gently caress YOU"-looking moves in the Smackdown games.

My favorite thing to do in that game was steal that move. Nothing quite like Rey running right at him then giving him a big boot.

• Locked thread