Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Macaluso posted:

Is there even a single person in the world who is excited for this game?

Like I just don't understand how people can still make zombie games nowadays and still choose to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW OR INTERESTING with them. The premise of a zombie game is already completely outdated and boring. If you, for some reason, HAVE to do something with zombies, you need to do something new.

Literally nothing in that trailer shows that they are doing anything interesting or new with the concept. I am totally baffled

I think what could have been cool was if normal zombies was just there. Dangerous, but essentially cannon fodder. They can be stopped by pretty much all obstacles. But zombie animals? Zombies with the strength and senses of animals? Those were the ones to look out for. Hopefully the wolves and bears will serve as something like that. I want a game where you end up in a zoo, which turns out is the most dangerous place ever, as the animals could break out at any second.

I think that could be really interesting...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Policenaut posted:

So someone finally made a game out of those weird painted pictures of robots chilling out in old timey countrysides? Interesting.

Yes, but also someone was also already doing that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFLuevoY66M

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Wonder if we'll see that weird Biomutant game pop up again

Macaluso posted:

Microsoft is rumored to have a presence at Nintendo's direct.

Maybe they'll show off a Minecraft stage/steve/Banjo/whatever in Smash during Microsoft's conference?

it will be to admit defeat after they tearfully admit Crackdown 3 is cancelled

Orv
May 4, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

It is with a heavy heart etc etc etc

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Policenaut posted:

Hey so that 4chan guy (or at least someone pretending to be them) who leaked that display card thing for Nintendo's E3 playable game booths is back with what's allegedly the rest of them. No idea if this is actually the same person and I'm sure you can pick it apart piece by piece to see if it's real or not (the original picture is shaping up to be legit by now) but hey, if you wanna speculate and/or do something this morning (or afternoon/evening wherever you are?) then enjoy this picture.

drat nothing much I'd buy that I wasn't already buying (octopath... thats it)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm excited for The Last of Us with robots/that one episode of Black Mirror

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

nopantsjack posted:

drat nothing much I'd buy that I wasn't already buying (octopath... thats it)

Again that's just the games you can play on show floor. The Direct will likely have a bunch of games in trailer-only format.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Macaluso posted:

Is there even a single person in the world who is excited for this game?

Like I just don't understand how people can still make zombie games nowadays and still choose to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING NEW OR INTERESTING with them. The premise of a zombie game is already completely outdated and boring. If you, for some reason, HAVE to do something with zombies, you need to do something new.

Literally nothing in that trailer shows that they are doing anything interesting or new with the concept. I am totally baffled

I'm tempted to pin the seemingly endless success of boring-rear end zombie poo poo on children. As the kids who played the last crop of zombie games age out of them, younger kids are picking up the new ones. It's all I can think of to explain why people still get away with making completely uninventive zombie games. Surely they're not a huge deal in the precious 18-30 demo or whatever, right?

Anecdotally I've known several moms who won't let their kid play games where you just flat-out shoot people, but killing zombies or other human-shaped monsters was acceptable. That kind of attitude could be a contributor to the genre's popularity with children, but I'm no market researcher :shrug:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

Wonder if we'll see that weird Biomutant game pop up again

Crackdown 3 will enter Early Access with microtransaction shop to customize your character

They'll celebrate this by launching it on EA the same day and it will never leave EA

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Infinitum posted:

Again that's just the games you can play on show floor. The Direct will likely have a bunch of games in trailer-only format.

poo poo I forgot about that. the world is NOT YET READY, FOR STAR FOX RAMMERS

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
There's also a popular Disney channel movie (maybe movies, I don't know) about singing zombies. They're no longer just a plot device or symbolic of anything, they're an aesthetic like "pirate" or "knight" and can be sold to us as children and/or adults.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I just think of all this wasted talent making zombie survival games that could've been put towards making a Left 4 Dead 3 with more lovable, stupid, angry bikers.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Diabetic posted:

I just think of all this wasted talent making zombie survival games that could've been put towards making a Left 4 Dead 3 with more lovable, stupid, angry bikers.

Turtle Rock is somehow not ultra dead after the miserable failure that was Evolve, so the possibility remains. Of course Valve is busy going insane so probability on the other hand is low.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im rly excited about this year's E3

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Orv posted:

Of course Valve is busy going insane so probability on the other hand is low.

eonwe posted:

im rly excited about this year's E3

A hush falls over the PC show as the lights are dimmed. A very special guest is announced. Rising from the floor is Gaben, holding up three fingers. The tension in the air is palpable as he prepares to speak.

"Three Sisters' Story" is now available uncensored on Steam.

The cheers are deafening.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hitman 2 announced

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Great job killing the hype IGN, can't even get the Hitman 2 trailer to run right.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Accordion Man posted:

Great job killing the hype IGN, can't even get the Hitman 2 trailer to run right.

Oh it was not just my stream then? I kept lowering the quality and it kept freezing up, so was waiting for the official trailer to go up.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
It's coming out on November 13th.

:getin:

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jun 7, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A serious game for serious people

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so its not episodic? cool.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Dapper_Swindler posted:

so its not episodic? cool.
Yeah, that's what they just said on the stream.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Infinitum posted:

A serious game for serious people

:3:

Also glad they got Sean Bean to narrate the trailer since he dies in everything :v:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah, that's what they just said on the stream.

cool. i'll pick it up at some point.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
They called the seventh Hitman game "Hitman 2."

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
I hope they call the next one "Hitman" again

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

FauxLeather posted:

Hitm3n

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FauxLeather posted:

No this time itll be a total reboot with customizable agent 47 and called Hitperson

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Hitmen is the co-op only spinoff.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Theyre going to announce a spinoff kid friendly version where you play as dogs trying to spray water on cats called Hitpuppies

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Barudak posted:

Theyre going to announce a spinoff kid friendly version where you play as dogs trying to spray water on cats called Hitpuppies

It’s an open world game, so you can also tackle them into the pool or lock them out of the house when it’s about to rain.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Hitpersons of indeterminate gender

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

NIS America is teasing "exciting announcements" on their E3 2018 lineup. Trails of Cold Steel fans on suicide watch.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Gonna be actually pissed if they get Cold Steel 3 and 4

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If NISA does it at least it might be out sometime this decade

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

yeah, several times

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Could easily be some of NIS's recent Japanese releases like liar princess but I'm increasingly hoping for cs3 just for the comedy of it

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Sakurazuka posted:

After how much they've continually botched ys 8 I wouldn't count on it. At least not on pc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ill play dayz gone in feb if theres nothing else out. Just to see 200+ enemies on screen and the dynamic weather system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

shuuutttt uuuuppp

https://twitter.com/Gu4n/status/1000998037186056192

yeah just push it out super fast, references, what are those, the gently caress is a "septillion"

Terper fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jun 7, 2018

• Locked thread