Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

🐍

https://twitter.com/dennischambers_/status/1004765906340339714

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

I hope Adam Silver catches some flak for all this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/imbeccable/status/1004756345105592320

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Threw her under the bus then backed that thing up and ran her over again

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
This dude really did just bus toss his wife.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I love my mouthy know-nothing wife

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

colangelo saying he built the foundation for multiple championships lmao

bryan you're the steve kerr of the sixers at best bud

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i love the final last attempt to take credit for the sixers being good. and dont forget on my way out how i drafted this team.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

very thorough investigating by the Sixers

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Stevie Lee posted:

very thorough investigating by the Sixers

My head canon is they let him keep the fiction it wasn’t him if he agreed to resign

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
How will Jerry ruin the Sixers free agency? What could he do?

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

The only thing better at this point would be if his wife immediately filed for divorce citing irreconcilable differences based on the fact that he threw her under the bus and publicly shamed/slandered her for something she vigorously denied doing.

e: still this is a good day

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I hope the Colangelos get blacklisted

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Jerry Colangelo is going to retreat back to Grand Canyon University and soothe his hurt feelings by opening another museum dedicated to himself

Space Camp fuckup fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Jun 7, 2018

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Jerry Colangelo is going to retreat back to Grand Canyon University and sooth his hurt feelings by opening another museum dedicated to himself

The Colangelo Burner Museum is something I'd go visit.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

So his stance is that the voided Jahlil Okafor trade and all the posts the account made that were consistent with the FO's perspective were...random guesswork? Not sensitive club-related information?

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I seem to remember reporters disputing the part about Okafor failing the physical

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://news.gcu.edu/2017/11/built-colangelos-influence-gcu/

quote:

Built for this: Jerry Colangelo’s influence on GCU
November 02, 2017 / by rick.vacek / 0 Comment

Editor’s note: This story is reprinted from the November issue of GCU Magazine. To view the digital version of the magazine, click here.

By Rick Vacek
GCU Magazine

He thought he would become a teacher and a coach, but something inside told him to take some business classes in college. Three years later, Jerry Colangelo was starting a career in the business of professional sports.

Let’s see now … how did that work out?

quote:

University officials were so buoyed by his impact, they built the Jerry Colangelo Museum, standing sentry at the main entrance to campus, waving in more people to be educated by his ideals and achievements when it opened in September.

Surrounded by friends and GCU basketball players at the gala in his honor, Colangelo holds his framed copy of a full-page advertisement in The Arizona Republic that the University placed to thank him for all that he has done.

Dr. Randy Gibb, the CCOB dean, had grown accustomed to the rather amazing experience of having such a famous man suddenly sitting in his office, his arrival unannounced. But now Gibb got to work with Colangelo — or Mr. Colangelo, as he and other faculty members always refer to him — for a year and a half as they picked out artifacts for the museum.

“You know what’s neat?” Gibb said. “With him and now the museum with his name and the fact that he’s on campus all the time, it gives us this role model, this true servant leader, somebody to really look up to, to be proud of, and I think business students on this campus are proud to be in the Colangelo College of Business.”

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Quit selling your wife out my dude, Jesus.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I've never heard of Grand Canyon University but it's definitely some fundamentalist christian thing right

fake edit: yup, of course

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Jerry Colangelo is definitely gone

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Josh Harris just got asked about it at the press conference and said "That's not today's issue. He has a contract through the rest of the year but that's not today's issue."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

I've never heard of Grand Canyon University but it's definitely some fundamentalist christian thing right

fake edit: yup, of course

Also coached by Thunder Dan Majerle I believe

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jota posted:

Jerry Colangelo is definitely gone

Jota posted:

Josh Harris just got asked about it at the press conference and said "That's not today's issue. He has a contract through the rest of the year but that's not today's issue."

Mentioning the contract end date was a major clue

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought Harris did well In that presser

He seemed mostly competent and focused on the right things

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also Harris did not say “no” to Hinkie

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

How will Jerry ruin the Sixers free agency? What could he do?

Jerry Colangelo has strong ties to agents through USA basketball. That was a good reason he got involved in the first place, the concern wasn't that the 76ers were losing games, but that agents were getting pissed off their players were getting traded so frequently. If Colangelo wanted to he could call in favors or "you scratch mine I'll scratch yours" with some agents to steer players away from FA meetings or things like draft workouts.

I'm not sure how realistic those threats are though.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I think the best case scenario now is that Hinkie comes back, gets a hero's welcome and then somehow destroys the 76ers just as they were getting real good

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Yessssssss

IcePhoenix posted:

Because I know nothing about this stuff: is the only reason they could have asked for the phone because of the possible HIPPA violations due to the tweets about Okafor and Noel? Because if so that adds an entirely new level of hilarity to this.

IIRC sports orgs are exempt from HIPAA.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

They're talking about Colangelo on NHL network radio lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zach Lowe on his podcast confirmed the Neubeck story that Jerry was using his influence to keep Bryan and caused delays

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

This has been a wonderful added treasure to The Process. I'm happy I could ride along this roller-coaster with the rest of you.
Congrats 6ers fans on their fired bad general manager.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/alaatweets/status/1004783156820574210?s=20

:thunk:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The guy who traded for Blake Griffin ?

Nice

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/StepoverTees/status/1004762103524179975?s=19

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I am 100% sure Hinkie was the Ringers source

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I choose to believe that Hinkie was working this case from exile to bring honor back to his name and retake his rightful position

also in a hilarious stroke of coincidence, this debacle was basically the plot of 2K's myGM story this year

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
I wish Hinkie returning was a real possibility

I don't see why he would even consider it, though

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s literally probably the best GM position to ever be open in the nba. I can’t think of a better one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

If both Colangelos get blacklisted from the NBA for this, we’ve time bounced back to the good timeline and all is right and well

• Locked thread