Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
maybe hes throwing his punches all lunging and weird like that to keep his hips away from Maia? ive never seen colbys other fights so i have no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Skip My Posts posted:

maybe hes throwing his punches all lunging and weird like that to keep his hips away from Maia? ive never seen colbys other fights so i have no idea

Yes, keeping his hips away from Demian Maia, who never met a takedown he actually liked.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

Yes, keeping his hips away from Demian Maia, who never met a takedown he actually liked.

he effortlessly took down chael who has amazing wrestling

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Skip My Posts posted:

it was a p sick bodylock clinch and lateral drop

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Skip My Posts posted:

LobsterMobster posted:

it was a p sick bodylock clinch and lateral drop

https://gfycat.com/UniqueUnlawfulAdeliepenguin

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 7, 2018

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
^^^

Skip My Posts posted:

Maia gets bodylocks and clinch/trip takedowns, but he's not shooting for anyone's hips on the regular.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

^^^

Maia gets bodylocks and clinch/trip takedowns, but he's not shooting for anyone's hips on the regular.

keeping your hips away is also good defense against clinching and bodylock takedowns lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
double hip takedown

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I think in the Maia fight he was banking on going at a pace that Maia could not possibly keep up with. So coming forward lunging with bullshit punches he didn't care about landing worked out in the end, because Maia did gas out and lose. Not saying he's a good striker by any means and doing that against RDA is a really bad idea if it doesn't lead to him getting in on RDA's hips and making it a grinding wrestling match.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Snowman_McK posted:

I'd clumsily compare him to Jeremy Stephens. Someone who isn't perfect on a technical level, but who you simply cannot gently caress up in front of, because he will fly across the octagon and kill you

i would compare him to shin akuma, someone who isn't perfect on a technical level, but who you simply cannot gently caress up in front of, because he will fly across the octagon and kill you with the shin goku satsu

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I would compare him to a kiss from a rose on the gray, someone who remains the light on the dark side of me, but did you know that when it snows, his eyes become wide and the light that you shine can be seen

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Bluedeanie posted:

I would compare him to a kiss from a rose on the gray, someone who remains the light on the dark side of me, but did you know that when it snows, his eyes become wide and the light that you shine can be seen

That escalated weirdly.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

The more I get of him the stranger it feels

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Bluedeanie posted:

flawless

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Sealed the deal.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
oh god do i drive 6 hours to memphis to see matt serra and din thomas in a wrestling match?

https://twitter.com/Derricking1/status/1004843720234192896

(how old is that serra pic tho? dude's still got visible cheekbones)

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm fuckin confused who's fighting who.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is that top to bottom? Left to right? Is Matt serra fighting Derrick king or din Thomas? Or is Dana white fighting Maria starr?

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Gay Horney posted:

In the sport of fake fighting, they have a format called "tag team".

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

serra and king (with dana white in their corner) vs din and dustin starr (maria starr in their corner)

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

LobsterMobster posted:

oh god do i drive 6 hours to memphis to see matt serra and din thomas in a wrestling match?

(how old is that serra pic tho? dude's still got visible cheekbones)

yes you should

and holy poo poo that pic is old, you can actually see Serra's neck

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

LobsterMobster posted:

https://i.imgur.com/u5Js289.mp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Also, I felt kind of bad for Andrei Arlovski going in there with Tai Tuivasa, but since Andrei just said that he thinks the idea of drinking a beer out of a shoe is disgusting, I now hope he gets smashed into next week. gently caress that guy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

punk...owns

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Memento posted:

Also, I felt kind of bad for Andrei Arlovski going in there with Tai Tuivasa, but since Andrei just said that he thinks the idea of drinking a beer out of a shoe is disgusting, I now hope he gets smashed into next week. gently caress that guy.

the pitbull is going to old man game tai to a bad decision and it's going to own. he will be number one contender before the year is out

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Joey McChrist posted:

yes you should

and holy poo poo that pic is old, you can actually see Serra's neck

He even has abs.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Not for anything Punk has banged Maria and AJ Lee so he absolutely deserves the nickname chick magnet lol. Like, it is the one thing we can't make fun of him for.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Stealth Tiger posted:

Not for anything Punk has banged Maria and AJ Lee so he absolutely deserves the nickname chick magnet lol. Like, it is the one thing we can't make fun of him for.

Do you think the cm nickname hurt or helped

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jun 8, 2018

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

I think in the Maia fight he was banking on going at a pace that Maia could not possibly keep up with. So coming forward lunging with bullshit punches he didn't care about landing worked out in the end, because Maia did gas out and lose. Not saying he's a good striker by any means and doing that against RDA is a really bad idea if it doesn't lead to him getting in on RDA's hips and making it a grinding wrestling match.

I think it's more likely that he's just a bad fighter who managed to lose a round kickboxing against Damien loving Maia.

JaySB posted:

The more I get of him the stranger it feels

eh-eh-ey

mewse
May 2, 2006

He banged two chicks I've never heard of, therefore I can't make fun of his nickname

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Stealth Tiger posted:

Lol nah.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
I'm pretty sure LL Cool J does fine with women, yet his nickname (ladies love cool james) is still dumb as poo poo.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!
jay z wants everyone to call him that but its just a name he made up and put on his records tshirts posters and other merchandise. i’m going to call him shawn though because thats weird to do, nickname yourself.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Stealth Tiger posted:

I didn’t know who those women were, so I looked them up, and apparently AJ made CM go to the doctor and get his rear end-lump examined.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Snowman_McK posted:

I'm pretty sure LL Cool J does fine with women, yet his nickname (ladies love cool james) is still dumb as poo poo.

It's a good nick name I think

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I can't figure out why the odds on RDA Covington are so tight

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Bluedeanie posted:

the rare good jokey-joke

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Guys I just found out CM Punk is a WWE wrestler with no real training from a guy at work and he also got rear naked choked like 120 seconds into his first fight and got taken down first move, never stood back up and is a loving joke lmao

He also was paid 500K for that fight so jesus titty sucking christ wtf UFC

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This next fight is probably going to barely cover the legal expenses he just had defending himself from a lawsuit put forward with the sole reason being to cost him money though so it all evens out in the end

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jun 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This next fight is probably going to barely cover the legal expenses he just had defending himself from a lawsuit put forward with the sole reason being to cost him money though so it all evens out in the end

My desire to know more intensifies

• Locked thread