Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Walrus Pete posted:

Anecdotally I've known several moms who won't let their kid play games where you just flat-out shoot people, but killing zombies or other human-shaped monsters was acceptable. That kind of attitude could be a contributor to the genre's popularity with children, but I'm no market researcher :shrug:

Probably, you can scores and scores of robots, aliens, nazis and zombies and still get a lower content rating than you would if you were killing people. That’s got to factor into a publisher’s decision process somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

While it's a bit discouraging that it's been a year since the last Trails release and we haven't heard a peep from XSeed, whatever NISA would do to the games wouldn't be worth getting it possibly sooner.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

"sooner" I say, glancing at Ys 8 PC, and also its tl in general.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Motto posted:

"sooner" I say, glancing at Ys 8 PC, and also its tl in general.

Yeah lol

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I mean we don't know that CS3 is gonna get a PC version anyway

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
things i hope for this e3.

new bioshock.

some remasters/rereleases of the killzone and resistance trilogy.

that fist of the north star game for the west.

Wolfenstein 2 dlc that isnt outsounrced crap.

anything good/fun.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I was hoping for more 13 Sentinels news, but I guess Atlus not saying it's there pretty much means there's 0 chances of that. It's definitely not a press conference game.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

new bioshock.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

anything good/fun.

:thunk:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

1 and 2 were fun and infinite had some cool parts.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
I liked the first one fifteen years ago and the rest sucked tbh

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
A new Bioshock could be fun if they hire some good writers and take a lot of notes from Prey 2017.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Whatever ken levine has to show us this week, I think we can all agree it will have that perfect mix of bad/pretentious/embarrassing we’ve come to expect

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

No Mods No Masters posted:

Whatever ken levine has to show us this week, I think we can all agree it will have that perfect mix of bad/pretentious/embarrassing we’ve come to expect

he has his own studio now it won't be bioshock.

Accordion Man posted:

A new Bioshock could be fun if they hire some good writers and take a lot of notes from Prey 2017.

lets hope.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

new bioshock.

some remasters/rereleases of the killzone and resistance trilogy.

that fist of the north star game for the west.

Wolfenstein 2 dlc that isnt outsounrced crap.

anything good/fun.

Just combine them all into a single FPS game where Kenshiro punches alien nazis so hard they explode.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Kenshiro is a good guy, pozzy vibes from that guy. When he's wandering across the land, I feel like things are aiight he's on top of things.

I hope Nintendos made a game, and I'd like a new uh Rubi Malone game, bring back Rubi Malone. And a new Deadpool game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Heavy Metal posted:

And a new Deadpool game.
I'm surprised this hasn't happened already, they could probably even get Ryan Reynolds and crew to voice the characters.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I'm picturing some MGS codec style radio banter, dial up Colossus to get some of his wisdom. Always label items in the refrigerator...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Heavy Metal posted:

I'm picturing some MGS codec style radio banter, dial up Colossus to get some of his wisdom. Always label items in the refrigerator...
"Hi, Yukio!"

"Hi, Wade!"

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
That Days gone trailer showed that the game is nothing but an uninspired game version of walking dead: Daryl. "Zombie animals original idea do not steal" is the only thing that did not immediately look, smell and sound like Walking Dead.
Motorcycle? check, Scruffy dude? check, depiction of torture? check

Totally forgettable trailer and about 3 years late to the party? bonus check

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I am curious how the EA one will be. Not destiny and battlefield 5 will be there. hoping for star wars game or something.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hopper posted:

That Days gone trailer showed that the game is nothing but an uninspired game version of walking dead: Daryl. "Zombie animals original idea do not steal" is the only thing that did not immediately look, smell and sound like Walking Dead.

the open world stuff seems cool as does the horde mechanics(if it works) but yeah. infected are really old hat now.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

At the end of the world, when everything has been torn asunder. I will scream at the top of my lungs.

SKATE 4

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
Quoth the Raven “SKATE 4.”

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopper posted:

Its gonna sell ok because of that familiarity id bet

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Maybe, but sales don't make good game *cough*destiny2*cough*

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Hopper posted:

I can’t wait to play as a scruffy white guy with a good heart who survived an apocalypse that involves zombies it’s something that hasn’t been done on the PlayStation before

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JJ Abrams is expanding into games with Bad Robot Games
https://gematsu.com/2018/06/jj-abrams-establishes-bad-robot-games

Could be interesting

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Hopefully it goes better than every other Hollywood big wig's involvements in games has.

Has anything good come out of a big Hollywood director getting into games outside of Boom Blox.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Infinitum posted:

Could be interesting

But David Cage has already got the “great start but crashes and burns in the second half” niche filled...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Hopper posted:

Maybe, but sales don't make good game *cough*destiny2*cough*

I dont think destiny is comparable in either scale of hype or potential reasons people wouldnt like it.

I sympathize that days gone doesnt look like its for you tho

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Hopefully they'll have as a good of a track record as Annapurna does right now. We really need more mid-tier publishers.

FanaticalMilk posted:

Hopefully it goes better than every other Hollywood big wig's involvements in games has.

Has anything good come out of a big Hollywood director getting into games outside of Boom Blox.
Spielberg worked on The Dig too, there's Clive Barker's Undying, and James Gunn wrote Lollipop Chainsaw.

Also if Del Toro ever actually got his chance to make a game I have faith in the guy he would pull it off.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 7, 2018

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

Real hurthling! posted:

I dont think destiny is comparable in either scale of hype or potential reasons people wouldnt like it.

I sympathize that days gone doesnt look like its for you tho

It's 100% going to be a bad game for anyone. Yeah it will probably sell well. So do McDonalds hamburgers. That doesn't make them good burgs.

I guess if you haven't played an open world or zombie game in 5 years it could be good "for you" but I'd save the money and play Last of Us instead.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

James Gunn wrote Lollipop Chainsaw? That’s amazing.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Spielberg actually tried to pitch an idea for a game that basically The Sims to a couple of developers throughout the ‘90s but he couldn’t convince them there was money in it.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Infinitum posted:

Could be interesting

Lens Flare is back on the menu, boys!

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD

FanaticalMilk posted:

lucasarts

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey, everyone! Good news! Microsoft has finally announced a game for their E3 briefing! It's Crackdown 3!

Hey, everyone! Bad news! It's officially delayed to February 2019!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Infinitum posted:

Could be interesting

What does this mean for their many joint ventures with Valve?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
JJ Abrams Half-Life 3 the FMV

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Accordion Man posted:

I agree, Arkane should do more Prey.

• Locked thread