Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

Actually with some fairly straightforward surgery the colon could be connected to the urethra and - Wait, we're still about 9 pages away from the 4th Stimpire page.

Just catheterize your butthole and aim manually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

DID ANYONE SAY MINING????

quote:

Mining Gameplay

Prospecting for Deposits: To scan for deposits, use the "ping" mechanic. Enter the ship's scanning mode (TAB) then hold and release RMB to scan. Any minable deposits will appear highlighted with a UI targeting bracket around them. Note: A ping will also temporarily increase passive radar detection range.

Scanning Deposits: Enter mining mode (RCTRL + TAB) and aim the mining reticle at the rock you wish to scan/mine. Your ship will automatically begin the scanning process and reveal the contents of the rock.

Fracturing: Use LMB to activate the ship's mining laser. Keep the 'Rock Energy Level" inside the optimal window (green) by adjusting the 'Laser Throttle" using the mouse wheel. Once the 'Rock Energy Level" is inside the optimal window the 'Fracturing Sensor" bar will begin to increase and once at 100% the rock will break apart into smaller chunks. Chunks that can be further shattered/mined will highlight orange when targeted whereas chunks that are now extractable will highlight purple.

When the "Rock Energy Level" bar exceeds the optimal window and goes into the red, the "Overcharge Sensor" bar will begin to increase. If the "Overcharge Sensor" bar goes to 100%, the rock will explode violently damaging the player's ship and destroying all extractable material.

Extracting Ore: To extract ore from the purple highlighted bits of rock, switch from 'Fracture Mode" to 'Extraction Mode" using RMB, then using LMB to activate the extraction tractor beam. The "Cargo Capacity" bar will begin to increase as the ore is extracted to the ship's cargo.

Selling Ore: Ore can be sold at GrimHex, Levski, and Port Olisar at specific kiosks located near the Admin Clerk desks. Interact with these kiosks (F), select the Prospector from the top left ship drop down menu then select "Sell to Refinery"

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

So Derek is doing the key mapping for them? I mean RCTRL+TAB in tyool 2018, lol

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Daztek posted:

Holy crap, the hours of laughter and bugs that will come out of this.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Golli posted:

You would have to install a fart venturi in your rear end

This is one of my all time favorite SA posts

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

EightAce posted:

For anyone ..Gorf... concerned about Chris's whereabouts and absence from around the verse, fear not . He has been in the uk taking care of business. After dispensing with the tiresome shylock from Coutts with a firm kick up the backside and dusting of the hands . Chris then locked himself in a room with 3 keyboards and 5 4k moniters. He put on a CD of Jean Michelle jarres oxygen and sank into a code trance. His fingers dancing across the keyboards like quicksilver.
Sc is saved and he has re written the engine from ground up and implemented most of the game mechanics

But did he still find time to attend the Monaco GP during his godlike-coding marathon?

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

"I invited Chuck the head of illfonic over for dinner" that must have been a weird dinner for chuck with cr mumbling about space inertia and nonsensical fps module.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Inkel posted:

they'll add him as an NPC in a trailer park on a desert planet and he'll buy all your vendor trash loot for 5000% the normal rate

Thousands of posts behind but I spit water across my desk.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

EightAce posted:

For anyone ..Gorf... concerned about Chris's whereabouts and absence from around the verse, fear not . He has been in the uk taking care of business. After dispensing with the tiresome shylock from Coutts with a firm kick up the backside and dusting of the hands . Chris then locked himself in a room with 3 keyboards and 5 4k moniters. He put on a CD of Jean Michelle jarres oxygen and sank into a code trance. His fingers dancing across the keyboards like quicksilver.
Sc is saved and he has re written the engine from ground up and implemented most of the game mechanics

was it done in logo?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

So you literally cannot mine at all unless you have the mining ship. Excellent game design and that’s before we even get into the mechanics lol

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

Beet Wagon posted:

It really is loving remarkable how many brains this game has broken without even launching.

and if it fails to launch what then?

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

EightAce posted:

so he has been working on the script again and now needs to shoot another 2 months of mocap?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Daztek posted:

quote:

Mining Gameplay

Prospecting for Deposits: ping your scanner like in Elite Dangerous

Scanning Deposits: scan your target like in Elite Dangerous

Fracturing: aim and time your golf swing like in Mario Golf. Time it wrong and you miss, then take damage like in Punch Out

Extracting Ore: hoover up the ore like in No Man's Sky

Selling Ore: sell the ore at a trader by clicking inventory numbers like in Morrowind
FTFY :eng101:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

EightAce, it’s good to hear from you and thank you for putting my mind at ease. This no doubt entirely accurate glimpse at the scene at Foundry as the Maestro sits at his keyboard, code flying from his fingertips like sacred music, is all the assurance I need that everything is going to be alright!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

It really is loving remarkable how many brains this game has broken without even launching.

Just imagine someone with no preexisting exposure to SC stumbling on SidAlpha's video and watching it and reading the comments.

I can barely process this and I've been following this shitshow for years.

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Daztek posted:

Good stuff, I've been wanting to practice my golf swing.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

intardnation posted:

was it done in logo?

...Perl

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Mirificus fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 7, 2018

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Suggest anyone linking to tweets etc. on the SidAlpha stuff also screencap, as people are deleting their deplorable opinions. We should deny them that.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Watching that video should be a legal obligation for anybody that still wants to pledge to Star Citizen.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Nyast posted:

Watching that video should be a legal obligation for anybody that still wants to pledge to Star Citizen.

Cant believe no one has shopped a dumb and dumber 2 theme.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Evil_Greven posted:

Alternatively, maybe cops shouldn't execute people based on phone calls?

Also this happened with John Crawford, in a Wal-Mart.

That too, but lets not overlook the false reporting of a crime.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Tortolia posted:

Just imagine someone with no preexisting exposure to SC stumbling on SidAlpha's video and watching it and reading the comments.
I've had a couple friends message me about the legatus pack and it's amazing how quickly they go "it's a scam? oh, that makes sense"

As people have said, goons have barely the impact that CIG's ineptitude does.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

tuo posted:

Yeah that's the first thing I questioned

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

tuo posted:

Hang onto that thought.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

I'm not sure "I wasted thousands of dollars" is really all that humble. More just stupid.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

tuo posted:

He won't take them unless they are from Germany.

That is not a very german Badehose

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

EightAce posted:

Cant believe no one has shopped a dumb and dumber 2 theme.

You bring up another good question. Where is Galarox? He is the hero the thread needs right now with his artwork. It always has the magical effect of resetting the thread back to good.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The "prove it was one of us" stance is certainly the winning key to making everyone like and respect CIG again, I can feel it

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
Can you prove that the community that has spent the last six years viciously attacking anyone who dares to criticize their shitheap of a game, actually viciously attacked someone for daring to criticize their shitheap of a game? I didn't think so :colbert:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
"it wasn't US it wasn't US, the proof where's the proof, where, where? where is it? where's the proof?" I continue to stutter as my voice climbs as high as my insanity

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

i wonder if they still consider fuzzy as a part of the community?

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

intardnation posted:

He's on temporary duty as outreach/recruitment officer in a historically underserved population.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

intardnation posted:

they even defended that motherfucker. why are you guys making me sad today

I'm going to drain every loving person in vampyr now because humanity is truly something awful

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

tuo posted:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

TheAgent posted:

they even defended that motherfucker. why are you guys making me sad today

I'm going to drain every loving person in vampyr now because humanity is truly something awful

How is that game btw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Star Citizen: If You Want To Have Fun, Buy Something Else