Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

friendly 2 da void posted:

It's 100% going to be a bad game for anyone. Yeah it will probably sell well. So do McDonalds hamburgers. That doesn't make them good burgs.

I guess if you haven't played an open world or zombie game in 5 years it could be good "for you" but I'd save the money and play Last of Us instead.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Jerusalem posted:

I agree, Arkane should do more Prey.
They should have the DLC campaign at E3 for us what with all the teasing the last couple of months.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 8, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope its stand alone instead of dlc

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

CottonWolf posted:

But David Cage has already got the “great start but crashes and burns in the second half” niche filled...

and the niche of bad robot game

Joe the Strummer
Jun 14, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

I hope its stand alone instead of dlc

I hope it's a sequel for Prey (2006)

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Brother Entropy posted:

and the niche of bad robot game

Cage made gears4??

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol that after all this time Days Gone isn't even big enough to announce the date at the actual show.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol that after all this time Days Gone isn't even big enough to announce the date at the actual show.

There was a time where a zombie apocalypse shooter could carry it's own E3 conference but... That day's gone.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

it got delayed and nobody wants to see more of it. its gonna get more attention this way than being a big wet hype fart following death stranding don't you think

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Realtalk: Sony needs to find whoever currently owns the license to Fusion Frenzy and steal it away from Microsoft. Then just make Fusion Frenzy HD.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Policenaut posted:

Hey, everyone! Good news! Microsoft has finally announced a game for their E3 briefing! It's Crackdown 3!

Hey, everyone! Bad news! It's officially delayed to February 2019!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asNhzXq72w

I can’t even imagine why this game keeps getting pushed back. This is year five after it’s gameplay reveal and it’s not like past Crackdown games have been super amazing or in depth or anything. Maybe they’re pushing it back so far so people will forget that cloud based destruction thing because that’s the only thing I can imagine causing this much delay

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Realtalk: Sony needs to find whoever currently owns the license to Fusion Frenzy and steal it away from Microsoft. Then just make Fusion Frenzy HD.

No, not Bill Gates's favorite video game!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

The Last of Us was not really that good

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Quest For Glory II posted:

:same:

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Walking Dead Season 1 did it a lot better really.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Accordion Man posted:

Walking Dead Season 1 did it a lot better really.

Let's not say things we can't take back

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I mean what I said, TWD Season 1 is a fantastic game.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i agree very much but the sniper level was excellent and in the same design philosophy they headed towards in uc4. the wide open linear school of lvl design. if they can do that with tlou2 it could be great. if its another sewer/basement crawl through waist high cover world then yeah i''m waiting on it

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/MXAGhost/status/1004889092159627265?s=19

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I think im done with just cause unless they shake up the progression through the campaign. The activities in the game are fun on their own, i shouldnt have to grind them to unlock the next big set piece mission.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'll give 4 a chance because JC3's development was seriously hampered by Square.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Is there anything that hasn't leaked at this point? We even know what Nintendo's poo poo is this year and they're usually iron-clad.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Anyone but me remember that Microsoft announced a Conker game in 2013? What actually happened with that?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Grapplejack posted:

Is there anything that hasn't leaked at this point? We even know what Nintendo's poo poo is this year and they're usually iron-clad.
Hitman 2 wasn't leaked.

Fulchrum posted:

Anyone but me remember that Microsoft announced a Conker game in 2013? What actually happened with that?
If you're thinking of Project Spark it was dead on arrival.

friendly 2 da void
Mar 23, 2018

I don't even hate the game or think it looks awful, I'm just blown away by how crazy stale it looks. Days Gone looks like its been defrosting in the fridge for the past three years. They've shown us a ton of gameplay footage, and everything we've seen so far makes it look about Mafia 3 or Mad Max level quality. Except it's gonna be $60 in 2019. With zombies.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

lmao this just popped up for me after I quit Dark Souls Remastered just now

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FanaticalMilk posted:

Hopefully it goes better than every other Hollywood big wig's involvements in games has.

Has anything good come out of a big Hollywood director getting into games outside of Boom Blox.

David Lynch's Ps2 commercials were pretty great.

Accordion Man posted:

If you're thinking of Project Spark it was dead on arrival.
Wow, I actually forgot about that. That tanked HARD

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

Hitman 2 wasn't leaked.

Yeah it was, the title leaked a few days ago from WB's website, remember?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah it was, the title leaked a few days ago from WB's website, remember?
poo poo, you're right.

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ
I'm excited for both Days Gone and The Last of Us Part II.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

When Last of Us was first announced I was excited since I figured it was going to be The Road: The Game, with just a father doing anything to keep his child alive in a world gone to ruin.

But instead, yeah, it was basically just Walking Dead with the serial numbers filled off.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
People itt have really bad opinions about the best game ever made.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

And we just found the worst one!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I didn't see anyone bad mouthing Link to the Past??

Issy
Jul 15, 2017

https://youtube.com/watch?v=N0iZGMXpquQ

Fulchrum posted:

Orv
May 4, 2011
Two of you, gross.

(Also holy poo poo what are your standards if TLOU is GOAT.)

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Orv posted:

Two of you, gross.

(Also holy poo poo what are your standards if TLOU is GOAT.)

Correct ones.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

I didn't see anyone bad mouthing witcher 3??

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The Last of Us is okay but lol if you rank it as the best game ever made, that's some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tetris and Chu Chu Rocket both exist so TloU is at best vying for third

• Locked thread