Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

I sentence both Colangelos to death by chaos dunk. Jerry must watch his son turn to dust in his arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

IIRC sports orgs are exempt from HIPAA.

Not correct
https://abovethelaw.com/2015/07/athletes-do-not-leave-their-hipaa-rights-at-the-locker-room-door/

But medical information freely divulged to parties outside your medical doctors is not covered under HIPAA. HIPAA applies to healthcare providers and related entities.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

Not correct
https://abovethelaw.com/2015/07/athletes-do-not-leave-their-hipaa-rights-at-the-locker-room-door/

But medical information freely divulged to parties outside your medical doctors is not covered under HIPAA. HIPAA applies to healthcare providers and related entities.

The cba restricts divulging serious medical info without the players consent . Maybe your link says that I didn’t click it.

https://twitter.com/sportsradiowip/status/1004804289573937152

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

The cba restricts divulging serious medical info without the players consent . Maybe your link says that I didn’t click it.

CBA, sure. I imagine the 76ers have code of conduct that was violated too, but it's not a legal violation. If a team Doctor tweets out "Lol, Embiid's leg fell off" that could have legal consequences. It seems unlikely Colangelo/his wife would be in that same boat.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

euphronius posted:

I am 100% sure Hinkie was the Ringers source
Yeah that "random AI researcher" cover story is hilarious.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Imagine believing D'Antoni outcoached Pop.

Space Camp fuckup posted:

Jerry Colangelo is going to retreat back to Grand Canyon University and soothe his hurt feelings by opening another museum dedicated to himself

Eventually Dan is going to get a better job, he's fairly decent. BC being hoisted on GCU as his replacement seems realistic.

Rick fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 7, 2018

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

I think the whole team disliked him before this poo poo even started

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

What counts as serious?

"Player X has sore hammy. Out 2 weeks" is tje most common thing.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game of Zones is pretty goddamn legit this week.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'd bet my house on Eric Jr being Jerry

NotWearingPants posted:

Eric Jr = Jerri C

It's an anagram!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Thank you Bill Simmons

:same:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

What counts as serious?

"Player X has sore hammy. Out 2 weeks" is tje most common thing.

I haven’t read it in awhile but it’s career or season threatening

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

poo poo. I need this.

paternity suitor posted:

I sentence both Colangelos to death by chaos dunk. Jerry must watch his son turn to dust in his arms.

Who is finger-snapping like Thanos in this scenario?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Every now and then I think of "somehow gay (as I am)" and I struggle to not legitimately lol every time.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Every now and then I think of "somehow gay (as I am)" and I struggle to not legitimately lol every time.

I seriously can't imagine a greater act of love than a wife creating a fake forum account to act like a gay man named Jacob who thinks her husband is hot

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/spikeeskin/status/1004855718766407681

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Very surprised at the outcome, since Bryan struck me as someone whose wife hadn’t hosed him for a long time.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
He comes off to me like the older dude in your office that is way too open about his sex life

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
congrats 76ers fans, you did it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

I seriously can't imagine a greater act of love than a wife creating a fake forum account to act like a gay man named Jacob who thinks her husband is hot

As petty and dumb most of those tweets were, this one was legit sweet and endearing.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

chunkles posted:

It is beautiful. Truly a day to cherish.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Does this mean the wife was buying those shirts for him all along?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

It's amazing to think that the Sam Hinkie letter that he wrote after getting fired ends up being the the second-most hilarious thing relating to the 76ers front office in the last 3-4 years.

Also even though I have no rooting interest in the 76ers whatsoever good riddance you pathetic Nepotism hire.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Crazy Ted posted:

Also even though I have no rooting interest in the 76ers whatsoever good riddance you pathetic Nepotism hire.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

That site has some hilarious shirts.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

chunkles posted:

We really can't take much credit for this. Bill Simmons deserves the accolades. He's the real 76ers hero.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

Spacebump posted:

God damnit I'm heading out of town and would love to get a few of these especially the hinkie stepover but I'll never get it Thursday without paying like $50 :-(

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

NotWearingPants posted:

We really can't take much credit for this. Bill Simmons deserves the accolades. He's the real 76ers hero.

Sixers twitter was like the goddamn FBI.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spacebump posted:

Oh poo poo they have one with Embiid in a MF Doom mask

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/2552208-mask-the-process?store_id=116457

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/RealMattCarey/status/1004943880155000832

loving snakes.

so glad this fucker is gone

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Waiting for Embiid to tweet a vid of him tearing a high-collared shirt off and setting it ablaze.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Bring back hinkie you drat cowards

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Jay Wright is never leaving Villanova

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

the "NBA deep state" that forced Hinkie out of Philadelphia and embedded a man from their own inner sanctum in the team's leadership will be furious. All their efforts and threats unable to overcome the damage of the burner tweets, forcing a tactical retreat from the city. They will lurk in the shadows and wait for the next moment to strike, bbut where?

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jun 8, 2018

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

shyduck posted:

Jay Wright is never leaving Villanova

Yeah I find it unlikely that Wright would move to the NBA, but who knows?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Fast Luck posted:

the "NBA deep state" that forced Hinkie out of Philadelphia and embedded a man from their own inner sanctum in the team's leadership will be furious. All their efforts and threats unable to overcome the damage of the burner tweets, forcing a tactical retreat from the city. They will lurk in the shadows and wait for the next moment to strike, bbut where?

Adam "30 Pieces of" Silver convincing people that he's a good person is one of the greatest modern PR jobs.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fast Luck posted:

Probably Phoenix .

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Does this mean the wife was buying those shirts for him all along?
Yes she was at least his influence

quote:

"That's the influence of having a Northern Italian wife." Colangelo has all his shirts custom made at Manifatture all' Orologio, a little shop in the main piazza in Bologna, Italy. "That's where the high collars come from," he says.
https://www.thestar.com/life/2007/06/07/bryan_colangelo.html

I like to imagine that yes, it was Jerry, and that's why it was the one account that didn't shut down. He's that untouchable. I also like to imagine the firm doing the investigation trying to get a look at his phone but being denied clearance. Actually I've decided that's definitely what happened.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jerry is gone at the end of the month probably when his contract is done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

yeah I agree he'll move on after the contract ends. I just like the idea of him being involved w/ the burners but being "off-limits" for the investigators while nonchalantly leaving the Vic Jr. account public and issuing threats and attempting power plays to protect his son. drat what a badass.

• Locked thread