Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Enallyniv posted:

They should just go all-in and put together Super Smash Warriors. Subspace Emissary even gives the hooks for the "story"!

gently caress it, MUGEN Warriors. Put literally everyone in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
That's what Musou all stars was and it was bad

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

one of the cool things about hyrule warriors or pirate warriors is getting to play some of the b/c-listers for their franchise and that wouldn't be as much of a thing for a super smash warriors

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I confirmed in Legend mode that powered arrow stunlock is still a thing and quite easy to execute, so all you people whining about Agitha, drink an item power up from the apothecary and spam light arrows to win.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Tae posted:

The difference is that Smash Bros. roster is inherently good. Yes, even the OG Smash roster.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tae posted:

Some of the characters and mechanics were actually pretty fun, but so much stuff in was either pointless (rave mode) or actively wrecked any semblance of balance (bravery levels). And the whole thing feeling super low effort for what a crossover celebration game should be.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
gently caress the level 3 map for Impa's default weapon. Why yes I want turncoat soldiers, sniper plants who I have to waste time going around the map killing, and loving Link and Fi roaming around all while I can't heal. :fuckoff:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Rirse posted:

gently caress the level 3 map for Impa's default weapon. Why yes I want turncoat soldiers, sniper plants who I have to waste time going around the map killing, and loving Link and Fi roaming around all while I can't heal. :fuckoff:

Grind like hell, and her weak weak strong combo is great for wps

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I do not touch turncoat soldiers unless my brother is around for some co-op. Those are so frustrating solo. Why yes I want to run back to my commander every 3 minutes as the troops around them constantly turncoat and get super powered.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Oyster posted:

I confirmed in Legend mode that powered arrow stunlock is still a thing and quite easy to execute, so all you people whining about Agitha, drink an item power up from the apothecary and spam light arrows to win.

Agatha is cool, drop beetles on every enemy

I even don't mind playing as Fi

It's just that stupid rear end in a top hat Zant that I can't stand. He is the worst.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

BIG BUFF MAN posted:

Agatha is cool, drop beetles on every enemy

I even don't mind playing as Fi

It's just that stupid rear end in a top hat Zant that I can't stand. He is the worst.

You are clearly not playing Zant correctly.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I don't think I've even used him yet in this version of the game. I've basically avoided every adventure map mission so far that has stuff for him because I remember him being dumb and annoying to use.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Zant used to be underpowered as gently caress when the game first came out, but after a late patch he got buffed to be pretty great. He's there for me with MS Link and Ganondorf as the characters I pick when I need to Get poo poo Done.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

My only issue with Zant is I actually have to pay attention otherwise I gently caress up his heavy attacks and fall on my rear end, but he is fun as hell

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Yeah just always keep an eye on the gauge under his special and let up on your attacks as it gets almost full. His C1 > X is great for stacking the darkness effect on a target and the C1 > Y is hilarious for large groups. Just make sure you don't do another combo without depleting it first. Thankfully his basic combo is pretty good. And don't do his C5 (the slamming hand one) because it's so slow to fill the gauge or deal damage (might actually be good but I don't know? this is just my observation).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Flytrap posted:

Zant used to be underpowered as gently caress when the game first came out, but after a late patch he got buffed to be pretty great. He's there for me with MS Link and Ganondorf as the characters I pick when I need to Get poo poo Done.

I generally pick Cia for when poo poo needs to get done. She juggles easily with her stomp and orbs, the various Link summons blow through boss gauges, and she gets easy darkness.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

Rirse posted:

that mission suuuuuuuucks. Until you stash her off in a corner and use a character with a level 3 or 4 weapon.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I've got a bunch of level 2 weapons and one single lonely level 3 weapon. Are there particularly easy level 4 or 4+ ones to go after and skip a level?

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008

Bongo Bill posted:

I've got a bunch of level 2 weapons and one single lonely level 3 weapon. Are there particularly easy level 4 or 4+ ones to go after and skip a level?

Sheik's 4+ is really simple to get, I did it with a level 35 Sheik with level 2 weapon, the water buff makes it really easy to get A rank.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

FPzero posted:

Yeah just always keep an eye on the gauge under his special and let up on your attacks as it gets almost full. His C1 > X is great for stacking the darkness effect on a target and the C1 > Y is hilarious for large groups. Just make sure you don't do another combo without depleting it first. Thankfully his basic combo is pretty good. And don't do his C5 (the slamming hand one) because it's so slow to fill the gauge or deal damage (might actually be good but I don't know? this is just my observation).

C5 can be used as a combo ender. Launch them with the first part of C2 (dodge-canceling after the mask pops up does not increase gauge) and the resulting string afterwards will connect with enough hits to keep the enemy occupied to let you transition into C5 with little to no issues and let you hit with the entirety of the move for good damage (i.e. you can keep it going until you get one full gauge).

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

boblemoche posted:

Sheik's 4+ is really simple to get, I did it with a level 35 Sheik with level 2 weapon, the water buff makes it really easy to get A rank.

I found the Koholint map pretty easy and it has quite a few 4+ weapons you can get before the respective 3s. I got Marin's 3 and 4+ pretty painlessly, but she's also one of my favourite characters so YMMV.

It feels like Koholint was quite lenient with character restrictions / multi character stages as a whole whereas the earlier maps had a lot more forced Warrior X Only (where X is one of Ruto, Agitha or Darunia) squares. I guess that's because it was designed after hero switching was added, but still.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, Koholint and Grand Travels is a decent way to pick up some higher grade weapons. Marin's 4+ is funny because it's pretty easy, short and it's like 2 tiles away from her 4 mission which is much harder/more restrictive. Early parts of Lorule aren't too bad either and a fair bit of the map is cheesable with a strong Link.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

Yeah, Koholint and Grand Travels is a decent way to pick up some higher grade weapons. Marin's 4+ is funny because it's pretty easy, short and it's like 2 tiles away from her 4 mission which is much harder/more restrictive. Early parts of Lorule aren't too bad either and a fair bit of the map is cheesable with a strong Link.

Or a strong Great Swords!Ganondorf. Even with a Lv. 2 Great Swords. (Heck, I'd probably go as far and say I could probably have cleared his Great Swords Lv. 4+ mission using only a Lv. 1 Great Swords because of the strength of his moveset.)

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

Or a strong Great Swords!Ganondorf. Even with a Lv. 2 Great Swords. (Heck, I'd probably go as far and say I could probably have cleared his Great Swords Lv. 4+ mission using only a Lv. 1 Great Swords because of the strength of his moveset.)

What's the trick to him? He seems alright but didn't feel that strong to me either - his meter mechanic is nice, but a lot of his combos just feel so slow.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

His basic combo just tears through things. I like to use the C5 (energy ball) to charge the gauge since it's really fast to charge up and will continue charging a little bit once you release the button, meaning you can let the attack go once the meter hits about 75% full and it'll still finish filling while he's actually doing the attack. Then get in big groups and unleash the meter and watch as you get 75 KOs instantly. His C6 (dark beast) has a huge AoE at the expense of a long windup and vulnerability during it. His special also feels super strong and has great range.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

FPzero posted:

His basic combo just tears through things. I like to use the C5 (energy ball) to charge the gauge since it's really fast to charge up and will continue charging a little bit once you release the button, meaning you can let the attack go once the meter hits about 75% full and it'll still finish filling while he's actually doing the attack. Then get in big groups and unleash the meter and watch as you get 75 KOs instantly. His C6 (dark beast) has a huge AoE at the expense of a long windup and vulnerability during it. His special also feels super strong and has great range.

If the enemies are ridiculously dense, his C6 can get upwards of 150 KOs. It's great. Plus, the knockback is incredible, so the move is actually safer than it appears to be.

Also, almost every move is dodge-cancelable at any point in the Great Swords moveset (which in turn makes it an incredibly safe moveset). Two dodge-canceled C4s basically equals one fully charged C1 and while his combos are a bit on the slow side, his damage output with any of them are higher than average for moves of their kind. C1 also instantly applies the Darkness effect to enemies and C1ing an enemy while their WPG are out let's you WPS them "with" the Darkness effect active which translates to a lot of damage (especially since Great Swords also has one of the strongest WPSes in the game).

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I just started the Great Sea map and these "get as many KOs as possible" missions are awesome. The enemy density makes it so satisfying.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Play them as Young Link, I finally got a Focus Spirit use over 1000 KOs last night. :black101:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

SettingSun posted:

I just started the Great Sea map and these "get as many KOs as possible" missions are awesome. The enemy density makes it so satisfying.

Pop a faerie, they apparently kill enemies that aren't even rendered.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I feel like they need to buff up allies a little bit. Sometimes I'll get the message that the Leader is in trouble and within a few seconds they've already gone past danger to mission lost.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.

Viridiant posted:

I feel like they need to buff up allies a little bit. Sometimes I'll get the message that the Leader is in trouble and within a few seconds they've already gone past danger to mission lost.

I noticed this too, I figured it was because I captured a bunch of bases and did objectives so a lot of messages were queued up. Feels good to get there and save the day when they have a sliver of health though.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

FPzero posted:

Play them as Young Link, I finally got a Focus Spirit use over 1000 KOs last night. :black101:

SettingSun posted:

After doing ten of those that last 10 minutes each though

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Twice now I've fought a hero who was using a weapon they don't use (ie Sheik with a rapier), is this a thing that happens or a bug?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Nothing quite as nice as losing a campaign but having 15 messages queued up and having to sit through all of them

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

Twice now I've fought a hero who was using a weapon they don't use (ie Sheik with a rapier), is this a thing that happens or a bug?

It happens. They use the weapon moveset and not their regular moveset, so don't get caught off guard.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

There was originally a bug that let you rearrange done movesets in the WiiU version that got patched. When the DLC came out after that some enemy heroes got to use different weapons as, like, a weird tribute? I'm pretty sure it's deliberate because they're usually thematically related weapon swaps, like Lana with Cia's weapon and vice versa, or Sheik with Zekda's movesets.

A popular one with the original glitch was to give Link Lana's summoning gate so he'd do goofy para para dancing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Leal posted:

Pop a faerie, they apparently kill enemies that aren't even rendered.

Yeah, the fairy wipes out a entire dome of the mini-map. You can actually run out of mooks to kill on the rack up your KO count if you just spam it in populated area. Kinda takes away a lot from some characters.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
There's something really satisfying about finding a really nasty bottleneck in front of your base and taking out 900 dudes with a single fairy bomb.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

You guys are talking about the R3 (I dunno what it's called on Switch) Fairy attack, right? Those didn't seem so useful at first glance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I think you need to train up your fairy right or something for it to work well? I haven't really messed around with it too much since I've been too lazy to figure out how to level fairies.