Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I don't see anyone in here giving poo poo to Crash Bandicoot 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Fulchrum posted:

Correct ones.

My sympathies friend.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Apparently they just announced The Walking Dead Season whatever and Clemintine is going to die in this one I guess

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

i
Apparently they just announced The Walking Dead Season whatever and Clemintine is going to die in this one I guess

Finally, the cast will stave off scurvy

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Orv posted:

My sympathies friend.

Being right is a burden, thank you.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Bring back Jak.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So, which leak lists are real, and which are probably full of poo poo?

Orv
May 4, 2011
You could make an oddly real assertion that if it isn't leaked by now it probably isn't real, but I'd like to think there are at least a couple surprises somewhere.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Grapplejack posted:

Yeah I just pretend nothing happened after season 2 (and that large parts of season 2 didn't happen) because I know if they keep making them they won't be able to resist killing Clem and gently caress that, Lee wouldn't let that poo poo happen and neither will I :mad:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

People itt have really bad opinions about the best game ever made.
yeah there have been some really hosed up takes on tetris lately

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

I don't see anyone in here giving poo poo to Crash Bandicoot 1

Spyro was better then Crash ever was. Fight me

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Would like to hear/see more about Spelunky 2. I don't suppose Devolver Digital is going to try to top last year?

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah I just pretend nothing happened after season 2 (and that large parts of season 2 didn't happen) because I know if they keep making them they won't be able to resist killing Clem and gently caress that, Lee wouldn't let that poo poo happen and neither will I :mad:

The objectively correct opinion. The series in general seems to have this really weird problem with telling the exact same story over and over and loving over again. I think it's basically impossible to care about anything that happens in it unless there's a possibility of happy ending and the character's struggles might end up actually meaning something, and since the series is either unwilling or unable to offer that you just have to decide when the series is over for you. Don't get me wrong, I would have loved a Season 3 where Clem raises AJ as society slowly rebuilds, but clearly that's not the kind of story that the Walking Dead universe is interested in telling.

Daedalus1134
Sep 14, 2005

They see me rollin'

katkillad2 posted:

Would like to hear/see more about Spelunky 2. I don't suppose Devolver Digital is going to try to top last year?

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/997477190332710913

They're going to try.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
maybe they'll actually blow someones brains out live on stage

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I hope the host from last year's Devolver conference comes back for this one and just has a bandage or two on her head and they never address it.

Fulchrum posted:

People itt have really bad opinions about the best game ever made.

Yeah, I don't get why everyone's poo poo-talking Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

CottonWolf posted:

James Gunn wrote Lollipop Chainsaw? That’s amazing.

I remember being confused by it at the time, too.

man nurse posted:

The Last of Us is okay but lol if you rank it as the best game ever made, that's some poo poo

TLoU is one of the most overhyped games ever, along with bioshock infinite.

Pylons posted:

Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
Quoth the Raven “SKATE 4.”

:golfclap:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Throwing my TLoU hat into the ring:

If you're only interested in gameplay mechanics then it's "A Good Game" but as a narrative experience it's at least the best of its generation.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Comparing TLoU to Bioshock Infinite is a loving travesty.

(because TLoU is easily in the top games ever while BI is pretty poo poo, hilarious person who was going to make the obvious troll answer to that.)

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

If you're only interested in gameplay mechanics then it's "A Good Game" but as a narrative experience it's at least the best of its generation.

The characters aren't very likable, the gameplay absolutely destroys the narrative instead of working with it and the relationship between Joel and Ellie is extremely tired. The whole plot was pretty 'safe'. :shrug:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Jun 8, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Characters don't need to be likeable to be good

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Characters don't need to be likeable to be good

No, but I don't find them very interesting, either, and not being likable makes it harder to care about their struggles.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cuntellectual posted:

The characters aren't very likable, the gameplay absolutely destroys the narrative instead of working with it and the relationship between Joel and Ellie is extremely tired. The whole plot was pretty 'safe'. :shrug:

opinionman.gif

YMMV but I found Joel and Ellie's relationship compelling. And I don't know how anyone could find them unlikable. And the game's final act was about as unsafe as big budget US of A vidyagames get.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Cuntellectual posted:

No, but I don't find them very interesting, either, and not being likable makes it harder to care about their struggles.

That cold place in your chest with that stone lump... some people have a heart there.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Last of Us is a great game but it came out 5 years ago so I guess it sucks now. Look, I don't make the rules.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Steve2911 posted:

Uncharted's: The Walking Dead (Now With 2.5X More Grey Morality), best narrative experience of its generation.

I'm just being a dick. I didn't like it but it's obvious plenty of people do.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

Playing through the last of us for the first time right now

my favourite moment so far was when moral father brother and action figure hater Henry was commenting on how glad he was to have met us good folks as I fucken molotov'd a group of dudes to death then smashed their friends head in with a brick

Qmass fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 8, 2018

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

the last of us is like a good prestige tv show in that its good but not as good as the best anime

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zas posted:

the last of us is like a good prestige tv show in that its good but not as good as the best anime

Now there's a take everyone can get behind.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Hopper posted:

That cold place in your chest with that stone lump... some people have a heart there.

Lisa the Painful is basically the same plot as The Last of Us but told in an infinitely more compelling way.

Steve2911 posted:

opinionman.gif

YMMV but I found Joel and Ellie's relationship compelling. And I don't know how anyone could find them unlikable. And the game's final act was about as unsafe as big budget US of A vidyagames get.

I can take or leave Ellie, whom I mostly found annoying, but Joel is probably the worst person in the game other than the pedophile cannibal dude.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cuntellectual posted:

I can take or leave Ellie, whom I mostly found annoying, but Joel is probably the worst person in the game other than the pedophile cannibal dude.

Which is sort of the point?

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, people point out that Joel is bad as if they’ve found some great unnoticed flaw in the game. The entire point of it is that Joel isn’t a good person.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Steve2911 posted:

I agree. OG Nier was fantastic.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Detective No. 27 posted:

There was a time where a zombie apocalypse shooter could carry it's own E3 conference but... That day's gone.

nice

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yeah, people point out that Joel is bad as if they’ve found some great unnoticed flaw in the game. The entire point of it is that Joel isn’t a good person.

That's not really what TLOU is getting across, either. It's more like "desperate times cause everybody to do some pretty hosed up poo poo to preserve whatever shred of normalcy they have left."

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://twitter.com/Nitroid/status/1004814795290415104?s=20

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Hoping for a new Yoko Taro game announcement.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Sefal posted:

Yoko Taro and Hidetaka Miyazaki collab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Sefal posted:

I may explode if this was the case, having just finished Nier:Automata.

• Locked thread