Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

didnt catch it in the patch notes, but i think blitz is buffed back to a 3 armor operator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

so do yall prefer double defender/attacker, or new ops being split between attacker/defender

Orv
May 4, 2011
I'm fine with it as it stands now, but I'd prefer they go back to 1:1 releases. If they keep going 2:0 ones I would be less thrilled with it.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Even after purchasing the standard edition, 25k siegepoints is kind of an overkill for every new operator. Good thing I have all base operators but drat, the grind is real and with my limited time nowadays it'll take a month to unlock one. At least I'm finally getting this game and enjoying IQ and mute mainly.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Orv posted:

I'm fine with it as it stands now, but I'd prefer they go back to 1:1 releases. If they keep going 2:0 ones I would be less thrilled with it.

IIRC the lead dev said that this is the last time they're doing 2 attack/2 defenders at once. Only reason that these are 2 defenders it to balance it out.

Orv
May 4, 2011

asterioth posted:

IIRC the lead dev said that this is the last time they're doing 2 attack/2 defenders at once. Only reason that these are 2 defenders it to balance it out.

Makes sense, fine by me.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

new villa good
new clubhouse good (but disorienting)

new ops fun to play AS and fun to play AGAINST which is really refreshing after yawn inducing lion/finka meta.

patch good.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Guillermus posted:

Even after purchasing the standard edition, 25k siegepoints is kind of an overkill for every new operator. Good thing I have all base operators but drat, the grind is real and with my limited time nowadays it'll take a month to unlock one. At least I'm finally getting this game and enjoying IQ and mute mainly.

You can also pay for season passes to get all that year's ops. They also release bundles for each year that unlocks 8 ops for the price of 4.

Grind is real tho

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Maestro is a blast with is laser gun lmg. I haven't gotten great mileage out of the evil eyes but I think I'm using them poorly.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

jyrque posted:

You can also pay for season passes to get all that year's ops. They also release bundles for each year that unlocks 8 ops for the price of 4.

Grind is real tho

I'll wait for one of those bundles, thanks!

Is there any twitter or something to keep up with offers? I tend to miss deals like that.

Also, I shamelessly like Russian Badger videos even if they are memey, any other guy on youtube/twitch that is worth watching?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Guillermus posted:

Is there any twitter or something to keep up with offers? I tend to miss deals like that.

Also, I shamelessly like Russian Badger videos even if they are memey, any other guy on youtube/twitch that is worth watching?

You want bullshit meme filled R6 vidoes I gotcha fam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meaifdi3PR4

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Guillermus posted:

Year 1 and 2 bundles are already around if you're interested. Paying for season pass now unlocks all of this year's ops, adds a slight reknown booster effect that lasts until next year and some other stuff I guess. It's a good deal if you're really into the game and plan on playing for a long time.

The game has pretty good balance re: this as most integral ops are already included in the standard edition.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

algebra testes posted:

You want bullshit meme filled R6 vidoes I gotcha fam:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Meaifdi3PR4

Thanks, any more "serious and informative" one? Or a streamer so I can soak more information and tactics (aside from the helpful goons who are helping this newbie quite a lot).

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

Guillermus posted:

Thanks, any more "serious and informative" one? Or a streamer so I can soak more information and tactics (aside from the helpful goons who are helping this newbie quite a lot).

Aside from the ones already listed, Coreross does mythbusters that are good and Rogue 9 is a numbers nerd on drat near anything you can think of.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
If you throw a grenade through an alibi does it tag you?

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

Guillermus posted:

I like the aforementioned Get_Flanked (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnOuZzay70AVqiV_fnTGjqw) for general tips and whatnot.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

CJ posted:

If you throw a grenade through an alibi does it tag you?

Yes, and if your drone passes through it.

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games

Guillermus posted:

VarsityGaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC9PO3VWOcE2DiSHUHLZs18w (especially Siege School videos)
Macie Jay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UC4Z78mWMtyeHN8EjBbgufNw
Get_Flanked. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCnOuZzay70AVqiV_fnTGjqw
Rainbow Six Esports (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCWKHac5bjhsUtSnMDFCT-7A) (great for learning weird map things)

he1ixx fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 8, 2018

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!
Villa is a really intuitive map, really easy to learn your way around. It's one of the best maps in a long time too, lots of flanks and sight lines with good cove and stuff. Top notch stuff.

Also lol Fuze is loving brutal now that he's faster. He's loving nuts.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Playing some more last night trying to learn the map (which is good yes) and my favorite thing was putting a Black mirror on the hidden tun tunnel and watching people come down it and then stop super fast.

Totally useless but funny

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
The ubisoft store has some stuff on sale now for E3. Standard edition for $20. Also Complete Edition with all 3 years of DLC for $64.99 which is great if you decided you like the game and tired of grinding.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Turd Herder posted:

Really Keyframe, You banned me from the discord?

:confused:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Guillermus posted:

Gregor

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
TuxBird and BikiniBodhi are both pretty good if you like people loving around in siege.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

asterioth posted:

TuxBird and BikiniBodhi are both pretty good if you like people loving around in siege.

I prefer Microwave for all my fuckery needs.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I like Microwave's mom.

Alibi is really good, her gadget has fired every round so far for me and it's really strong having that intel tracker to wallbang the poo poo out of people.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

I like Microwave's mom.

A SomethingAwful classic. Peak joke in Duke Nukem Forever thread when someone photoshopped Duke behind her pic.
(sorry for the off topic)

BikiniBodhi's videos are fun when he's just loving around and suddenly loses it. Dude really enjoys the game.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

:kimchi:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Are those the para bellum ones?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Flipswitch posted:

Are those the para bellum ones?

Yeah, it's a pretty decent one this time around.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hey goons I bought this game cuz I heard it’s good; do you guys recommend going through the scenarios first or just jumping straight online and learning that way?

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

Heres what it says when I try to log in.

I was talking in the discord when it happened. One minute the channels their. The next I see it disappear and can no longer join it.
Even heard someone said it was a bug or because of the phone verification and I'm sure its not.

Turd Herder fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jun 9, 2018

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:
Just played a match with a dude called "PlsDontNutIm12". Wow.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Xaintrailles posted:

Just played a match with a dude called "PlsDontNutIm12". Wow.

lol

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

picking maestro/alibi with shotguns, then making it your objective to demolish every wall inside the building, narrating it like a house flipping show on HGTV is the dumbest fun i've had in this game

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

here's a new one: spectating a friend and their gun was a drone

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Minrad posted:

here's a new one: spectating a friend and their gun was a drone

That type of thing has been in forever. Drones, C4, Mira windows, etc.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I hope they never fix it. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Floor reinforcements so that people look like they're surfin'