Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

nature6pk posted:

N: Luca
V: Sbisa

This owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Typical expansion team - can't even win the Stanley Cup.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

VGK are St. Louis for a new millennium

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Mr. Kite posted:

Typical expansion team - can't even win the Stanley Cup.

People can throw on however many technicalities they want, but it's happened before :shrug:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No it hasn’t.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Aphrodite posted:

No it hasn’t.

two posts up literally spells it out

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Welcome, Vegas fans.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Vincent Van Goat posted:

VGK are St. Louis for a new millennium

Nah, they ain't going back multiple times.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Also VGK won a game

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Great run, VGK.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

JoelJoel posted:

Nah, they ain't going back multiple times.

i'd like to agree, but the west seemed helpess against them so :shrug:

shyduck posted:

Also VGK won a game

that's just parity

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Vegas went 13-3 then went 0-4. That's hilarious.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Vincent Van Goat posted:

i'd like to agree, but the west seemed helpess against them so :shrug:

The magic ran out, Vegas is now doomed to be a basement team for the next 10 years (although probably not since lol Pacific)

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Mr. Kite posted:

Vegas went 13-3 then went 0-4. That's hilarious.

Or likely

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Vegas blowing by Winnipeg like it was no big thang messed me up and tricked me into thinking they weren't paper tigers.

Deep down we all knew.

Bike Lane Closed
May 26, 2006

Mistakes were made
You can only hide Luca Sbisa for so long

Even if it's in a garbage bag at the bottom of Lake Meade

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

nature6pk posted:

I TOLD YOU NOT TO TELL ANYONE ABOUT THAT

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

nature6pk posted:

They successfully got away from his problems for a while by: not playing him!

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Just saw the replays. He was basically responsible for both 3rd period goals by not clearing the puck then not covering his man.

Bike Lane Closed
May 26, 2006

Mistakes were made

Mr. Kite posted:

Just saw the replays. He was basically responsible for both 3rd period goals by not clearing the puck then not covering his man.

The Ol' Luca Sbisa Special

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

man, the caps have like 11m of cap-space and a number of players to re-sign, I wonder who gets traded? I bet they try and push stanley cup champions Beagle and Orpik out the door

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

That's Orpik's second

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Andrew Shaw

still

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

gently caress you, Bergevin

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

iospace posted:

That's Orpik's second

I know, I don't know why people keep pointing this out to me

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

quote:

"I don't want to give all my cards away, but he is certainly at the top of our list," Waddell told Raleigh's ABC 11 News. "There's some other really good players there, so we got to make sure we know them all in case, you never know what might happen or what might be offered to us. If I was going to the draft floor tonight to make the pick, I'd be picking Andrei."

It is expected the Buffalo Sabres will select Swedish defenseman Rasmus Dahlin with the No. 1 pick in the draft, which will be at American Airlines Center in Dallas on June 22-23. The Montreal Canadiens hold the No. 3 pick.

Svechnikov (6-foot-2, 188 pounds), No. 1 on NHL Central Scouting's list of the top North American skaters eligible for the draft, was named the Canadian Hockey League Top Prospect of the Year. In his first season with Barrie of the Ontario Hockey League, he led rookies with 72 points (40 goals, 32 assists) in 44 regular-season games. He missed 17 games after injuring his hand Oct. 14 and had 58 points (30 goals, 28 assists) in 34 games after returning.

Dundon said Svechnikov would be Carolina's choice after the two had dinner Tuesday at a Raleigh sushi restaurant.

"If we pick second, it's not even close," he told The News & Observer.

I don't want to give all my cards away but here all my cards. Classic Waddell.

Although maybe he's trying to drive up an offer to trade down which would be crazy given their situation. They absolutely need Svechnikov. Zadina would be a good get too but they can't afford to risk it.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/PKSubban1/status/1003654739790163968

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

yellowcar posted:

Andrew Shaw

still

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

I sure loved watching 3 ex habs lift the cup yessiree

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

so the draft is gonna be fun in a few weeks

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

yellowcar posted:

Andrew Shaw

still

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks

Thanks for DaBeerCat btw.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

stab posted:

I sure loved watching 3 ex habs lift the cup yessiree

Watching Larry lift the cup and hearing his interview stings so loving hard.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ian_mendes/status/1005084878315098112?s=21

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015

PK! Everything about this is AMAZING. The set-up. The acting. He gets hit with the ball!

Good luck with your vanity classes at Harvard PK.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
let's have some fuckin trades

quote:

NHL Trade Big Board: 20 players who could be on the move this summer by Craig Custance

1. Erik Karlsson, Ottawa Senators – Ottawa nearly dealt Karlsson at the trade deadline, with the Vegas Golden Knights pivoting to a Tomas Tatar deal in the final minutes after falling short of a major blockbuster that was expected to land them Karlsson. There will be no less interest in him during the offseason. There are two schools of thought here: Karlsson had more value at the trade deadline because teams could get a playoff run out of him or he maintains that value now because there will be more teams in the mix. All it takes is one team making a massive offer to get this thing done.

The wild card could be if Karlsson believes that there will be a new ownership group in the picture, especially if it involves Daniel Alfredsson. But at his recent state of the union, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman shot down a possible Senators sale.

“I can tell you for sure that the franchise is not for sale,” Bettman said. “Eugene Melnyk is committed to the Senators and is passionate about them.”

Even with Bettman’s denial, there are those around the league who question whether or not Melnyk can afford to keep it going. It paints a bleak picture for Karlsson’s relationship with the Senators.

“I’d be shocked if he re-signs with them,” said one NHL source. “What’s the hope? I would think he gets traded at the draft. His value isn’t going up.”

2. Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Arizona Coyotes – There is still hope and even a little optimism in the Coyotes front office that Ekman-Larsson is going to sign an extension. According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Ekman-Larsson is sitting on an eight-year offer from the Coyotes worth an average of $8.25 million per season. The question becomes how long do the Coyotes wait for the offer to be accepted? According to an NHL source, the Coyotes are eager for an answer in order to formulate a plan if it doesn’t happen.

“They can’t let him walk for nothing,” said a Western Conference executive. Still, of the three prominent 2019 UFA defensemen, this executive saw Karlsson as the more likely trade candidate.

“I think Drew Doughty stays, Ekman-Larsson might stay and Erik Karlsson is gone,” he said.

3. Phil Kessel, Pittsburgh Penguins – There’s not a better breakdown of where things stand with Kessel and the Penguins than what Josh Yohe already wrote. Read it if you haven’t. This is how it goes with Kessel. He’s going to produce. Teammates are going to love him. He’s going to drive his coach crazy.

There’s certainly debate as to whether the Penguins will actually trade Kessel. One source suggested that a Kessel trade would give a strong indication as to the power Mike Sullivan wields in the organization. Another said it would just be Jim Rutherford being Jim Rutherford.

“Jim is not going to sit around and bring the same team back,” said one source who knows him well.

He suggested that a Kessel trade might even allow the Penguins to take a serious run at John Tavares. I know, the Penguins are pretty set at center. That’s the beauty of having a gunslinger and dealmaker like Rutherford as the GM. You can’t count anything out.

4. Max Pacioretty, Montreal Canadiens – There’s been talk of a possible extension in Montreal lately but one source said that there has been nothing substantial done on that front. The more likely scenario is still a trade. But there’s pressure on Canadiens GM Marc Bergevin to get a big return, so teams making offers will have to make an offer for the 35-goal scoring Pacioretty and not the 17-goal scoring Pacioretty, or else it’s not getting done.

“He’s not going to be traded for a second-round pick,” said one NHL source. “If he does get traded, it’s a big one for Bergevin.”

5-7. Jeff Skinner, Noah Hanifin and Justin Faulk, Carolina Hurricanes

Someone is going to get moved in Carolina. Maybe two players. It could be one of these three. Another source was asked who he thought would go and he mentioned Elias Lindholm and Victor Rask. The only consensus out there is that Carolina is doing SOMETHING. New owner Tom Dundon won’t have it any other way.

“I’d be surprised if (the Hurricanes) don’t make at least a couple deals before the draft,” said an Eastern Conference executive.

The perception is that Ron Francis was moved out because of inaction. If that’s the case, the new management group has very clear marching orders heading into the draft. There’s going to be some action, it’s only a matter of who gets moved out.

8. Ryan O’Reilly, Buffalo Sabres – The Sabres are getting calls on O’Reilly and that’s nothing new. His frustration after another losing season certainly caught the attention of executives outside of Buffalo.

“He sounded defeated,” said a Western Conference executive. “I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s moved.”

He’s going to generate interest. He has Hockey Canada pedigree. Players like playing with him. He’s a strong two-way centerman.

The Sabres certainly don’t want to rush Casey Mittelstadt, so keeping O’Reilly around gives protection to the young centers in the lineup and pushes them down the depth chart a bit. That means it’s not automatic that he’s moved.

“It would have to be the right deal,” said one source.

For some reason I'm thinking about Carolina these days -- I wonder if ROR could move for Faulk? ROR would fit well with Svechnikov and Faulk would be a pretty sweet righty for Risto or Dahlin although maybe they want to keep ROR around to try and create a second line with Mittelstadt.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 8, 2018

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Buffalo should keep ROR because he's a good player. They should then bring in more good players to play around him so he doesn't have to play 25 minutes a night on a team with very few good players

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Faulk is really good too. They're pretty comparable and if Mittelstadt is going to play center long term Faulk might be a better fit given Bogosian is their #1 RHD.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Bogosian is more of a #2 in that he is an actual turd. If he's relied upon at all in anything more than a 3rd pairing capacity this upcoming season, it's a failure

There's no reason to get rid of O'Reilly right now. The team lacks forward depth like crazy, and even if they plan on slotting Mittelstadt in as the second center, they shouldn't do it right now, and O'Reilly is every bit as good at wing as he is at center. Let Eichel and O'Reilly take care of the 1st and 2nd line duties for a year or two while Mittelstadt develops, and if everything goes according to plan, then move O'Reilly to 1st or 2nd line wing.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rangers move Zucc at the draft, along with Spooner and Namestnikov being available...but probably won't move them just to move them, maybe instead as part of a deal to move up or get another pick for someone they want. Need players for next year so you can't just trade everyone away yet

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Flocons de Jambon posted:

PK! Everything about this is AMAZING. The set-up. The acting. He gets hit with the ball!

Good luck with your vanity classes at Harvard PK.

you are so dumb

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

whatis posted:

Bogosian is more of a #2 in that he is an actual turd. If he's relied upon at all in anything more than a 3rd pairing capacity this upcoming season, it's a failure

Oh whoops I was thinking Risto was a lefty. So you've got Dahlin/Risto as a top pair, and then crickets? Guhle seems OK. I would think he and Bogosian would be the second pair if everyone is healthy. McCabe, Scandella, and Beaulieu seem like varying degrees of 3rd pair LHD and Falk is awful.

Even Ristolainen isn't particularly good...that defense is so bad and I'm a Devils fan. Getting Dahlin is massive but they'd benefit greatly from a real #1 RHD.

Levitate posted:

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Rangers move Zucc at the draft, along with Spooner and Namestnikov being available...but probably won't move them just to move them, maybe instead as part of a deal to move up or get another pick for someone they want. Need players for next year so you can't just trade everyone away yet

quote:

14. Vladislav Namestnikov, New York Rangers

This is more of a placeholder for any number of Rangers than it is an indication that Namestnikov gets moved, but the Rangers are certainly listening. They have four forwards who are arbitration eligible — Namestnikov, Kevin Hayes, Jimmy Vesey and Ryan Spooner. One source said he thought it was unlikely the Rangers started next season with all four of those players on their roster.

Another called the Rangers open for business.

“They are open to anything,” said the executive. “I don’t think they’re set on moving one particular guy.”

Namestnikov had just four points in 19 games after being traded to the Rangers. But with back-to-back 20-goal seasons with the Lightning, he’s going to get a big raise this summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIČRE IN ME

T-Bone posted:

Oh whoops I was thinking Risto was a lefty. So you've got Dahlin/Risto as a top pair, and then crickets? Guhle seems OK. I would think he and Bogosian would be the second pair if everyone is healthy. McCabe, Scandella, and Beaulieu seem like varying degrees of 3rd pair LHD and Falk is awful.

Even Ristolainen isn't particularly good...that defense is so bad and I'm a Devils fan. Getting Dahlin is massive but they'd benefit greatly from a real #1 RHD.

Risto apparently gets propped up by his PP points but blah Buffalo has so many problems.

Anyways w/ the Rangers trading guys I don't really believe they'll go all out selling everyone or something but they're looking for some pretty targeted trades like I said. If they don't find what they want they'll wait.

I think Hayes stays for sure unless someone makes them a real sweet offer. He played great down the stretch and the Rangers need to keep some vet centers in the mix IMO. Spooner...eh, he flashes talent sometimes, then disappears, blah blah. Namestnikov got the AV treatment a bit IMO. He struggled after a bit but also got 4th lined instead of getting any benefit of a doubt. I think he'll do better.

Vesey can gently caress off for all I care but I'm biased by AV's usage of him. He's a poo poo top six player and I'm worried they'll keep trying to shoehorn him into that position

• Locked thread