Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Zaphod42 posted:

I mean honestly, lets be super super super unbelievably optimistic for no reason at all and against all reason
I'm not sure where it rates on funniest things about touring this grim floating iceberg of frozen suck but that's the thing: Assuming the technology to make SC magically appeared this year, or Chris has a seizure brought on by his own flippy hand gestures in front of his face and hands off direction of the project to someone capable of leading it to completion by trimming all the contradictory and game stopping bullshit ... They are actually currently further behind a new company starting tomorrow. Even ignoring technical debt (because CIG does and so do their backers) the company hierarchy, code base and general toxic assets are so filled to the brim it would take thousands of manhours to sort all that garbage out.

And you know no matter who is in charge they're never going to throw out poo poo like the engine, their dumb contracts/licenses/legal boondoggles,the asian space turtles or the loving seat in the middle of nowhere terrapin. Star Citizen is negative hours toward being complete. And that's optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

tuo posted:

Lol if you don't wear shutter glasses under your VR headset to increase the immersion even further

3D glasses with a VR headset? My god... That's like six D's! :vince:
This man is a visionary!

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Sandweed posted:

Because of the Crytech lawsuit they can't release Sq42 anymore, they have to integrate it with SC and make it ingame missions.

Luckily all the missions are done, Ben played them through years ago.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
So I'm looking at the state of sales for this year. At best reckoning...

2015 had 7 completely new ships, not counting the variants for those ships and/or prior ones. So .58 new ship concept sales per month for the year.
2016 had 9 completely new ships. That's .75 new ship concept sales per month for the year.
2017 had 11 completely new ships. That's .92 new ship concept sales per month for the year.

We are in June right now, up to this date...
2015 had 4 new concept ships on sale.
2016 had 3 new concept ships on sale.
2017 had 3 new concept ships on sale.

2018 has had, up to this date, 4 new concept ships on sale.
The Vulcan
The Shamrock Connie
The 100i
The Hercu-lifter
The new Drake ship, the Vulture, is scheduled to go on sale in early June.

5 months is about 42% of the year.
2015's first 5 months brought in 14.8 million. Of the year's total of 35.9 million, 58% of the incoming capital came after those 5 months.
2016's first 5 got 10.2. Total year was 36.1, 71% came after 5 months.
2017's first 5 got 10.2 as well. Total year was 34.9, 70% came after 5 months.
2018's first 5 got 11.1. Total year is projected ~36.0, 69% comes after 5 months.

2018 is doing better, because of extra ship sales and sale days.
Remember my old analysis, I'm projecting around 215 days of sales, or nearly 60% of the year, to bring in 87% of the year's incoming capital.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Bootcha posted:

So I'm looking at the state of sales for this year. At best reckoning...

2015 had 7 completely new ships, not counting the variants for those ships and/or prior ones. So .58 new ship concept sales per month for the year.
2016 had 9 completely new ships. That's .75 new ship concept sales per month for the year.
2017 had 11 completely new ships. That's .92 new ship concept sales per month for the year.

We are in June right now, up to this date...
2015 had 4 new concept ships on sale.
2016 had 3 new concept ships on sale.
2017 had 3 new concept ships on sale.

2018 has had, up to this date, 4 new concept ships on sale.
The Vulcan
The Shamrock Connie
The 100i
The Hercu-lifter
The new Drake ship, the Vulture, is scheduled to go on sale in early June.

5 months is about 42% of the year.
2015's first 5 months brought in 14.8 million. Of the year's total of 35.9 million, 58% of the incoming capital came after those 5 months.
2016's first 5 got 10.2. Total year was 36.1, 71% came after 5 months.
2017's first 5 got 10.2 as well. Total year was 34.9, 70% came after 5 months.
2018's first 5 got 11.1. Total year is projected ~36.0, 69% comes after 5 months.

2018 is doing better, because of extra ship sales and sale days.
Remember my old analysis, I'm projecting around 215 days of sales, or nearly 60% of the year, to bring in 87% of the year's incoming capital.

I like how they always make ~30-35 million each year

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Daztek posted:

The thing is, a majority of the money is now being earned from sale days, and not off-days. Days without sales are ever declining in income.

It's shifting from 79% from sales to a projected 87%. That's a substantial jump.
It's shifting from 38% sale days per year to a projected nearly 60%. That's a big jump.
It's an attempt to keep a 35-36 million annual capital income. That's a lot of work for no gain from the prior years.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Peter.Quint posted:

Comedy is tragedy + time.

Star Citizen is FUD + time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brisM40JCfQ

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Daztek posted:

CIG is probably including melting as "sales" and its the same 30M moving back and forth in the same bucket. :cheeky:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
So, to recap, Star Citizen is financially healthier than all its previous years despite us shitposting 24/7?

Get it together goons!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Its amazing how CIG makes launders 35M dollars a year without ever having to deliver an actual game.

Well, they deliver JPG's and dreams, I guess you could call that a product.

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Sandweed posted:

Because of the Crytech lawsuit they can't release Sq42 anymore, they have to integrate it with SC and make it ingame missions.

Versus Crytek: "you idiots, SQ42 is just a game mode of Star Citizen !"

Coutts loan: "SQ42 is just a collateral" ( who takes a sub-game mode as a collateral, dare you ask ? certainly not SC backers ).

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Zaphod42 posted:

You need somebody to take a stand to stop it, and that's not easy. Most people won't ever do anything.

Is the Warlawd that man?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

3D glasses with a VR headset? My god... That's like six D's! :vince:
This man is a visionary!

Immersion is even better if you apply a red and a green filter to the two VR lenses, and make the shutter glasses lenses the same filter color. But this could be a bit too much immersion for most people.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trucutru posted:

No, but we have a few special undercover goons pretending to be backers pretending to be toxic assholes pretending to be paid shills.

Cunning as a fox!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

:allears: :f5:

:lol:

:laffo:

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

No, but we have a few special undercover goons pretending to be backers pretending to be toxic assholes pretending to be paid shills.

Goonception

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/8pe6gy/star_citizen_leaks_mining_gameplay/

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

holy fucken broken brained bunker mentality.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

trucutru posted:

As if. Those are just pretend-covers they're under. Also, I'm not sure they're goons.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Quick ask a game development related question. Should they fail to answer correctly, their cover will be blown.
Goons and haters clearly don't understand game development.

It's like a Voigt Kampff test for sleeper agents.

You're welcome thread intern.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

What a lovely community of decent folks, wait... nope, they are complete cunts who deserve to lose every penny they have.

Not Nikoranui though, he doesn't seem to be one of the herd.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

The thing is, a majority of the money is now being earned from sale days, and not off-days. Days without sales are ever declining in income.

It's shifting from 79% from sales to a projected 87%. That's a substantial jump.
It's shifting from 38% sale days per year to a projected nearly 60%. That's a big jump.
It's an attempt to keep a 35-36 million annual capital income. That's a lot of work for no gain from the prior years.

They already hit peak citizen and they’re increasing production to maintain flow.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

https://pastebin.com/mNx6igjg

Patch 3.2

Ships and Vehicles

* Updated retro thruster art and animation on the M50.
* Added landing gear compression to Starfarer Base and Gemini.
• Complete Rework: Aegis Avenger including increase in base size, increase in hardpoint size, changes in default loadout, new animations, along with interior and exterior revamp.
* Updated the MISC Prospector to have a tractor/siphoning beam and a laser cutting beam for mining, as well as supporting animations.
* Own/Self status MFDs are now on and selectable for the Retaliator.
* Updated the visual effect of the Khartu-Al's quantum travel.
* Update for cockpit animations of the Reclaimer.
* Shield health is now a single pool divided per face rather rather than individual pools.
* Updated the Drake Herald with landing gear compression.
* Expanded the flight ready interaction set triggers to prevent overlap with door interactions on the Hornet series.
* Lowered power plant output to create meaningful consequences to power allocation.
* Rebalanced heat generation and cooling to create more meaningful consequences to components and ship functioning.
* Reduced the shield and power plant available slots on the Sabre.
* Increased passive and active power draw for ship weapons.
* Set up shield generator power use to be proportional to the amount of shield energy required.
* Updated ship atmospheric terminal velocities to correct some ships being able to exceed them.
* Lowered base IR and EM signatures for all ships.
* Enabled paints in the VMA and setup the Aurora to equip its various paint schemes.
* Repositioned and centered the HUD on the Sabre.
* Increased the range of AMRS Scatterguns, range and damage of APAR scatterguns, and increased the spread of all scatterguns.
* Updated Reliant to only carry 1 size 3 gun rather than 2.
* Retuned boost scale of Razor and variants to match other ships and made variants closer to base model.

Star citizen leaks - https://discord.gg/XtSRe4S

Quavers fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 8, 2018

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Yet if Bootcha put out a video with incorrect info they would be slamming him for that instead.

I love how they think being a bunch of obstinate shits is going to result in every critic just giving up and walking away.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:trumppop:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

So is that the 3.2 notes? Somewhat confused.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

So is that the 3.2 notes? Somewhat confused.

Apparently :shrug:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Quavers posted:

Apparently :shrug:

Yeah, it is after looking. I was just dumb because it just seemed so lackluster but it's CIG so hey, should have known better.

Here's the mining mechanic:

quote:

Prospecting for Deposits: To scan for deposits, use the "ping" mechanic. Enter the ship's scanning mode (TAB) then hold and release RMB to scan. Any minable deposits will appear highlighted with a UI targeting bracket around them. Note: A ping will also temporarily increase passive radar detection range.

Scanning Deposits: Enter mining mode (RCTRL + TAB) and aim the mining reticle at the rock you wish to scan/mine. Your ship will automatically begin the scanning process and revea/ the contents of the rock.

Fracturing: Use LMB to activate the ship's mining laser. Keep the 'Rock Energy Level" inside the optimal window (green) by adjusting the 'Laser Throttle" using the mouse wheel. Once the 'Rock Energy Level" is inside the optimal window the 'Fracturing Sensor" bar will begin to increase and once at 100% the rock will break apart into smaller chunks. Chunks that can be further shattered/mined will highlight orange when targeted whereas chunks that are now extractable will highlight purple.

When the "Rock Energy Leve/" bar exceeds the optimal window and goes into the red, the "Overcharge Sensor" bar will begin to increase. If the "Overcharge Sensor" bar goes to 100%, the rock will explode violently damaging the player's ship and destroying all extractable material.

Extracting Ore: To extract ore from the purple highlighted bits of rock, switch from 'Fracture Mode" to 'Extraction Mode" using RMB, then using LMB to activate the extraction tractor beam. The "Cargo Capacity" bar will begin to increase as the ore is extracted to the ship's cargo.

Selling Ore: Ore can be sold at GrimHex, Levski, and Port Olisar at specific kiosks located near the Admire Clerk desks. Interact with these kiosks (F), select the Prospector from the top left ship drop down menu then select "Sell to Refinery"

Slow_Moe
Feb 18, 2013

I like how asking people for information is somehow not considered research. I think these people might be stupid or something.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Archived that Bootcha thread for posterity http://archive.is/toxGj & http://archive.is/Ey5JA :smuggo:

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I like that guy. He provides info based on the manner it was requested, and Bootcha asked in a very nice way. At the end of the day, anyone who didn't want to help could have simply not said anything. Instead its full out attack.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why i quit posting there. Its simply not worth it when any time you dare to say anything critical you get dogpiled by toxic assholes. I did get a few cool people who were willing to debate, and after several posts back and forth we ended our discussions agreeing to disagree. Such people are a credit to their community.

Still, in a way, i'm quite happy that some people still poke the hornet's nest, because when the cult of roberts start flinging insults, anyone looking in from outside will be totally tuned off from getting involved with a game that produces such a toxic community.

Now, back to the ED forums where.... awwww... gently caress me sideways...

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

Prospecting for Deposits: To scan for deposits, use the "ping" mechanic. Enter the ship's scanning mode (TAB) then hold and release RMB to scan. Any minable deposits will appear highlighted with a UI targeting bracket around them. Note: A ping will also temporarily increase passive radar detection range.

Scanning Deposits: Enter mining mode (RCTRL + TAB) and aim the mining reticle at the rock you wish to scan/mine. Your ship will automatically begin the scanning process and revea/ the contents of the rock.

Fracturing: Use LMB to activate the ship's mining laser. Keep the 'Rock Energy Level" inside the optimal window (green) by adjusting the 'Laser Throttle" using the mouse wheel. Once the 'Rock Energy Level" is inside the optimal window the 'Fracturing Sensor" bar will begin to increase and once at 100% the rock will break apart into smaller chunks. Chunks that can be further shattered/mined will highlight orange when targeted whereas chunks that are now extractable will highlight purple.

When the "Rock Energy Leve/" bar exceeds the optimal window and goes into the red, the "Overcharge Sensor" bar will begin to increase. If the "Overcharge Sensor" bar goes to 100%, the rock will explode violently damaging the player's ship and destroying all extractable material.

Extracting Ore: To extract ore from the purple highlighted bits of rock, switch from 'Fracture Mode" to 'Extraction Mode" using RMB, then using LMB to activate the extraction tractor beam. The "Cargo Capacity" bar will begin to increase as the ore is extracted to the ship's cargo.

Selling Ore: Ore can be sold at GrimHex, Levski, and Port Olisar at specific kiosks located near the Admire Clerk desks. Interact with these kiosks (F), select the Prospector from the top left ship drop down menu then select "Sell to Refinery"

Star Citizen, now with extra added tedium.

Game mechanics like these are the reason botting is a thing.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Sabreseven posted:

I'm holding out for Herbalism, so I can sell the herbs to a vendor at a fixed price.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Agony Aunt posted:

I like that guy. He provides info based on the manner it was requested, and Bootcha asked in a very nice way. At the end of the day, anyone who didn't want to help could have simply not said anything. Instead its full out attack.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why i quit posting there. Its simply not worth it when any time you dare to say anything critical you get dogpiled by toxic assholes. I did get a few cool people who were willing to debate, and after several posts back and forth we ended our discussions agreeing to disagree. Such people are a credit to their community.

Still, in a way, i'm quite happy that some people still poke the hornet's nest, because when the cult of roberts start flinging insults, anyone looking in from outside will be totally tuned off from getting involved with a game that produces such a toxic community.

Now, back to the ED forums where.... awwww... gently caress me sideways...

It’s not a cult, but you’re required to keep the faith and shun the apostates; Discussing ecumenical matters with heretics is literally giving comfort and succor to the enemy, and should be avoided lest excommunication follow. Remember to tithe, brotherbrother.

It’s not a cult.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

So you've introduced "mining" but not any reason to do mining since I assume the credits don't allow you to buy anything and there are zero outputs for the resources gathered among the players. That's great CIG.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Sabreseven posted:

I always wonder what people think they are doing when they use game mechanics like this. Like they're in a spaceship which has a massive amount of automation already. The computer can target the rocks, it can clearly manage the Rock Energy Level. What is this entire process not automated. Like what possible skill based element could there be to 'don't blowup the rock'. You're not examining the rock by eye and seeing how fractures are developing or something, you're just pressing the button when the computer tells you to.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

kw0134 posted:

So you've introduced "mining" but not any reason to do mining since I assume the credits don't allow you to buy anything and there are zero outputs for the resources gathered among the players. That's great CIG.

Also you can only mine if you bought the mining ship lol

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

lol, coincidence ... or not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQvy4as7n7E

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Daztek posted:

Isn't that drat thing like $155 or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Daztek posted:

Star Citizen: Pay to.... Test?

Also I can't help but laugh at how much more interesting the Dual Universe mining is. It's just about the right level of tedium: it rewards you for putting effort into prospecting, but the actual mining (the boring part that's never fun no matter how it's implemented) is simple and easy. I wrote a post a while ago about how Star Citizen's mining mechanics are going to be hamstrung by the fact that you must be in a mining ship to do it and it's super funny to see that played out in real time comparisons.