Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Jazz hands!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Randaconda posted:

Livin' in the most lightning heavy state in the country kinda owns.

We should change it to "Thor's Summer Home"

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

syscall girl posted:

All golfers I assume :unsmigghh:

If your dumbass is playing golf when it's lightning out then you deserve it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Field Mousepad posted:

If your dumbass is playing golf when it's lightning out then you deserve it.

ftfy

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Wasabi the J posted:

Vice, no question, was being awful and kept pushing her hard limit of "stop asking about my loving spouse/partner, and stop corroborating the narrative that I'm not my own inventor."

Wu was also awful because she publicly sicced her Twitter fans on Vice editorial staff in efforts to doxx them.

That's what got her hosed over on Patreon and YouTube. They take a very dim view of that.

It's kind of hosed up that you can't even follow her on Twitter because of the creepy fuckers that constantly comment super-creepy poo poo on literally everything she posts.

iPope Touch
Jun 13, 2007

Trust your judgement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC2XIGMI2kM

While this video is an amazing display of flying, what makes this bad-rear end is that it is not a one-off, it's someone's job. This is essentially a test for a navy's new Helicopter (First of class flight trial) which means deliberately sailing into the worse sea/wind conditions possible (usually around the Faroe Islands) in order to find the absolute limits that the ship and helicopter can operate together. After this 'heroic landing' the pilot took off and did it a dozen more times that day.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

iPope Touch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bC2XIGMI2kM

While this video is an amazing display of flying, what makes this bad-rear end is that it is not a one-off, it's someone's job. This is essentially a test for a navy's new Helicopter (First of class flight trial) which means deliberately sailing into the worse sea/wind conditions possible (usually around the Faroe Islands) in order to find the absolute limits that the ship and helicopter can operate together. After this 'heroic landing' the pilot took off and did it a dozen more times that day.

It appears the ship has some sort of crane arm mounted to the deck. I assume that's for plucking the heli out of the ocean when things don't go well.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
A ship sank off the coast of Nigeria taking all hands with it to the bottom of the ocean. Recovery divers went down three days later looking for bodies and found the ships cook alot less dead than they were expecting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPz8mxJNPh8

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Slugnoid posted:

A ship sank off the coast of Nigeria taking all hands with it to the bottom of the ocean. Recovery divers went down three days later looking for bodies and found the ships cook alot less dead than they were expecting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPz8mxJNPh8

:aaaaa: That's loving amazing.

Kept giggling at the weird farting noises.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The hand reaching through the darkness and then moving as they realize he's actually alive is just amazing

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Absolutely the stuff of nightmares.

I about pissed and cried when that hand started moving.

The look on that guy's face. It's clear he's been telling himself that he's going to die for the last 72 hours, gently caress me.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

72 hours without food and water. He probably only had a couple dozen hours left in him. Really loving lucky.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrO2ENzr2cM

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
40 mins of raw footage recorded by a journalist on a ride along with the fire chief, caught in the middle of a massive firestorm while an entire suburb burns to the ground around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFEiwNMrZ8

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
bushfire catches up to the fire truck, they go into burnover to survive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIHIsSJ2Txk

dude covers his house in sprinklers, rides out the deadliest bushfire in australian history from his front porch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCN7wrMGnjo

from the same fire - this news anchor learned of the death of one of his oldest friends when he was given the story to report live
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP7cFR68wfM

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Slugnoid posted:

40 mins of raw footage recorded by a journalist on a ride along with the fire chief, caught in the middle of a massive firestorm while an entire suburb burns to the ground around them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IFEiwNMrZ8

Orange skies, even when you're somewhere safe, are so unsettling.

Bonus surreal:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Bonus surreal:

I think they based the orange skies in the new Bladerunner movie on that dust storm.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Ugh, orange/blue contrast is so overused. :rolleyes:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Ha at thinking you're ever safe in Australia.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Kennel posted:

Ugh, orange/blue contrast is so overused. :rolleyes:

Flip this image and it'd look like it came out of fury road.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Aramoro posted:

Ha at thinking you're ever safe in Australia.

It's full of Australians?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I got to drive through a haboob once in Arizona. To this day it was the most scared I've been in my entire life. This gif is basically exactly what it was like, but it doesn't show the mud that it was slightly raining onto the windshield at the same time:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:aaaaa:That's the best horror movie I never saw.

And once you got into the storm, neither did you.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I got to drive through a haboob once in Arizona. To this day it was the most scared I've been in my entire life. This gif is basically exactly what it was like, but it doesn't show the mud that it was slightly raining onto the windshield at the same time:

Oh hell I lived there for like 29 years. Those aren't bad at all, as long as you pull off the road. I used to take walks in those (and the rain after.) I also got stuck in one on a horse once, luckily it was a horse that gave exactly 0 shits about anything.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

:aaaaa:That's the best horror movie I never saw.

And once you got into the storm, neither did you.

Now THAT'S how you do the Kessel Run!

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

the thing i dont get about this image (optical illusion??) is that the driver seems to be driving backwards

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Scathach posted:

Oh hell I lived there for like 29 years. Those aren't bad at all, as long as you pull off the road. I used to take walks in those (and the rain after.) I also got stuck in one on a horse once, luckily it was a horse that gave exactly 0 shits about anything.

Then again, you're kinda weird.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

your friend a dog posted:

the thing i dont get about this image (optical illusion??) is that the driver seems to be driving backwards

What are you talking about?

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

chitoryu12 posted:

Then again, you're kinda weird.

loving truth right here

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

RCarr posted:

What are you talking about?

look at the gif. the camera is going backwards, towards the storm, towards the oncoming cars.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Scathach posted:

Pulling off the road? That's insane. Someone could barrel into you at 40mph. I just kept going straight through red darkness and when I came out all the cars that were on the road with me when we went in were all in the same positions as we went out. Felt kind of awesome that we all did the same thing. Never paid them any mind when I was indoors. The driving part was what scared the hell out of me. I could barely see the end of the hood of my car.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

look at the gif. the camera is going backwards, towards the storm, towards the oncoming cars.

Are you on something? Yeah it's traveling in the opposite direction of the other cars and it's even in the right hand lane almost as though it's supposed to be going in the opposite direction as oncoming traffic.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I hope you aren't serious.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Don't tell me you seriously don't know the US drives on the right.

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Except that if you watch the gif, both lanes to either side of him are going the same way

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Except that if you watch the gif, both lanes to either side of him are going the same way

:doh:

The cars to the right of the driver are on the shoulder, and are all facing the same way the driver is (towards the storm).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Oh for fucks sake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vQMuwRjI6s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pulling off the road? That's insane. Someone could barrel into you at 40mph. I just kept going straight through red darkness and when I came out all the cars that were on the road with me when we went in were all in the same positions as we went out. Felt kind of awesome that we all did the same thing. Never paid them any mind when I was indoors. The driving part was what scared the hell out of me. I could barely see the end of the hood of my car.

They tell you to pull far off the road and shut your lights off if you feel you can't drive in it. People have a tendency to slam into the back of you during those things if you slow down/pull over and put hazards on... but then most natives just bust on through like you did. That's a hella cool video.

The monsoons that come after a haboob are awesome. That's the #1 thing I miss about the desert.

E: obligatory badass AZ storm pic

Scathach has a new favorite as of 23:06 on Jun 12, 2018