Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Kirios posted:

I'll be back in Houston late August and I'm planning on going to the August 29th game against the Athletics. I'm leaning towards Crawford Boxes tickets (Want to get Shake Shack and maybe a ball during BP or the game itself). Is this a good seat or should I look elsewhere? Should I buy the tickets now or wait closer to the game itself?

Crawford Box tix are amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Gonna bump this thread for every Verlander W :woop:

e: so basically, another 20 or so times

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 00:58 on May 29, 2018

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Rangers fans are Astros fans that lost their way after the Nolan Ryan years, and that if they repent their ways and ask Orbit for forgiveness they can be brought back into the flock

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel really good about not caring about the NBA or Rockets that much right now.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

I feel really good about not caring about the NBA or Rockets that much right now.

Yeah me too. Four straight years with the same teams in the finals?? How bad and boring can it get.

Thanks for the awesome game Verlander and Astros.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I have seen some bad photoshop in my time but uh
https://twitter.com/astros/status/1002581947250507777?s=21

What on earth happened here

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I’m pretty sure Gurriel there is actually a Spitting Image puppet.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Gattis looks like a goldeneye version of himself

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm pretty happy the Astros bats have finally arrived

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Gattis has turned his season around in a big way. I'm really impressed.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Kirios posted:

Gattis has turned his season around in a big way. I'm really impressed.

I’m glad I can finally wear my Oso Blanco shirt again without having to shrug and defend him to people

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yankees fan: This is a new season, what you did in the playoffs last year doesn't matter

Also Yankees fan: We won so many titles back in the 20s :smug:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

Yankees fan: This is a new season, what you did in the playoffs last year doesn't matter

Also Yankees fan: We won so many titles back in the 20s :smug:

Yeah I don’t understand what the hell McMagic was trying to get at, but that’s what I get for not just scrolling past his posts

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The level of hypocrisy is strong with that one.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
So uh, Keuchel probably shouldn't be starting

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

TheChirurgeon posted:

So uh, Keuchel probably shouldn't be starting

Yes I was just thinking it's genuinely time to consider putting Peacock or McHugh in the starting rotation

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

fast cars loose anus posted:

Yes I was just thinking it's genuinely time to consider putting Peacock or McHugh in the starting rotation

Bet he has shoulder or neck discomfort again

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I hope Keuchel enjoys playing for the Reds next year.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Astros bad

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

MrMidnight posted:

Astros bad

nah

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

They starting scoring right after I posted. Will do that again when they lose a lead.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
please use this power responsibly

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Quick, do it again Midnight

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I love my big ol bear

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/BenDuBose/status/1004573473610567680

poo poo

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Ugh that's not good. Even if the team is better than last year, the competition is much more serious in the division this year

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
MRI on Correa was negative; he's not playing today but he says the doctors gave him "great news" so we may have escaped disaster

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

gently caress Jake Marisnick
gently caress Ken Giles

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
At least Giles didn't blow it totally this time but my god we just can't play Marisnick anymore

.155/.176/.284

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

At least Giles didn't blow it totally this time but my god we just can't play Marisnick anymore

.155/.176/.284

He had a couple of good games right when he got called back up but yeah he needs to be sent down asap. He is an automatic bad out.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
It sucks because I like him but since the confluence of weird poo poo has us down in the division its time to make ruthless decisions

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
So are we going to be buyers again this year at the trade deadline, or stand firm? Feels like the team could still use relief help and maybe another bat

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

TheChirurgeon posted:

So are we going to be buyers again this year at the trade deadline, or stand firm? Feels like the team could still use relief help and maybe another bat

Give me a Zach Britton please - I think we're fine without the bat - Kemp can slot in for Marisnick

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

Give me a Zach Britton please - I think we're fine without the bat - Kemp can slot in for Marisnick

Plus we're probably only a couple of weeks away from Kyle Tucker

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I literally love Tony Kemp.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
The Astros have risen from the ashes and are tied for the division lead heyooooo

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If I never saw a Keuchel start for the Astros I think I'd be OK with that.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

If I never saw a Keuchel start for the Astros I think I'd be OK with that.

McHugh baby

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I'm sad Keuchel is fully dead but at least Rondon has looked decent as the new closer

We locked up the season series with the Rangers today which is also good

e: also lol at scoring the winning run on a balk that AJ Hinch caught when no one else did

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

e: also lol at scoring the winning run on a balk that AJ Hinch caught when no one else did

JV totally caught it too.

It's sad that Dallas = :fork: but I'm not sure what else we can do with him besides ride out the season with him as our #5 and push him back to the pen in the playoffs. There's no way they can ignore the bullpen at the deadline this year, though. The only thing they have going for them is that Peacock and McHugh can go long. Giles and Devo are as good as they're gonna get (which isn't good enough for a dynasty bullpen), Harris also = :fork:, Sipp and Smith are garbagemen, and Rondon has too small of a sample to put all the eggs in that basket.

That said, despite everything going "wrong" for the Stros thus far, they're on pace to win about 100 games again. This year's team slogan should be "Just get to October."

• Locked thread