Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Tune in next month to see what wacky hijinks our plucky band of teenage cannibal war criminals gets up to next!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
After finally reading the official TL of the chapter, I got the feeling that however the story shakes out at the end, any of the core cast who survives are going to wander off into the wilderness and spend the rest of their life living like how Rambo does between movies

Eren won't be one of them, though. He's resigned himself to whatever small satisfaction he gets from satisfying whatever vague concept of revenge still exists in that simple brain of his at this point.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
https://readms.net/r/attack_on_titan/105/5057/1

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

:negative:

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Just the biggest, boldest death flag possible. AoT can be titan-sized non-subtle when it wants to.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

also the last panel 2 rows above that

the entire page really

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, poo poo

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Korean scans for the spoiler-prone.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
A typeset version.

ANNIE YES.

...I wonder if Berthold's unspoken crush carried over into Armin?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

holy poo poo the all-white military saw a non-hostile black dude and didn't kill him :prepop:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
A few months of boring talky poo poo before we get back to the good stuff, I see. :sigh:

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Kerning Chameleon posted:

A few months of boring talky poo poo before we get back to the good stuff, I see. :sigh:

Nah, it was interesting to see how it all happened in the background. And the story does needed a bit of a break after all that nonstop frantic action

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
At least give us more Floch and the rest of the MurderYoungs brigade next time, dammit.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Enjoy our hospitality, help yourself to some pig piss

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
Is that Eren on the final page? :staredog:

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like.

You know what? Screw a season 4. Make the last ten chapters into a movie. It'll cut down on a lot of the talking and give the action scenes the best budget they could get, plus it'll be awesome to see people who only watch the anime be hopeless confused the whole time.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From the sound of it, Paradis Island originally intended to go down a more Diplomatic path, but Eren forced their hands as in the end they were not willing to lose him, and the titans he had in him.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
Really want Annie to end up with Paradise but I get the sense Zeke's playing a ridiculous con and she's going to wind up fed to historia for maximum EREN YOU hosed UP AGAIN value

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MonsterEnvy posted:

From the sound of it, Paradis Island originally intended to go down a more Diplomatic path, but Eren forced their hands as in the end they were not willing to lose him, and the titans he had in him.

the possibility of a diplomatic path was closed before anyone in the manga was even born. armin's having trouble accepting that there is no peaceful resolution to be had, is all. can't really blame him, either.
marleyans can be communicated with and yet there is still no possibility of communicating with them because of ancient bullshit none of them can do anything about.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the possibility of a diplomatic path was closed before anyone in the manga was even born. armin's having trouble accepting that there is no peaceful resolution to be had, is all. can't really blame him, either.
marleyans can be communicated with and yet there is still no possibility of communicating with them because of ancient bullshit none of them can do anything about.

Also, Nazis. You don't make peace with Nazis, you wipe them out and make sure their ilk can never rise again.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Hange is the best

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the Paradis faction can't make Titan serums, yeah? Well, maybe the Royal Family could but they're all gone now except Historia who has no idea how.

So I can buy a desperation move from Eren, cause Paradis has less than 13 years before Armin kicks the bucket and they're left without any Titans again.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Hate-Senpai posted:

Also the Paradis faction can't make Titan serums, yeah? Well, maybe the Royal Family could but they're all gone now except Historia who has no idea how.

So I can buy a desperation move from Eren, cause Paradis has less than 13 years before Armin kicks the bucket and they're left without any Titans again.

They should be able to make titan serum its just spinal fluid I thought?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kild posted:

They should be able to make titan serum its just spinal fluid I thought?

Oh, I assumed there was some other process involved to turn the fluid into the serum.

EDIT: Was this revealed before or after Marley?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Also, Nazis. You don't make peace with Nazis, you wipe them out and make sure their ilk can never rise again.

I think the diplomacy thing was meant to be with the other countries that also hate Marley. The enemies of my enemy are my friends, that sort of thing.

Except Willy Tybur was trying to do the same thing by portraying the Eldian islanders as the world's enemies. And then Eren did his reverse Shiganshina in front of a bunch of ambassadors and journalists, so I think that ship has sailed for sure.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Kassad posted:

I think the diplomacy thing was meant to be with the other countries that also hate Marley. The enemies of my enemy are my friends, that sort of thing.

Except Willy Tybur was trying to do the same thing by portraying the Eldian islanders as the world's enemies. And then Eren did his reverse Shiganshina in front of a bunch of ambassadors and journalists, so I think that ship has sailed for sure.

I'm not so sure. The islanders have been minding there own business for the past 200 or so years, while the Marleyans have been actively running an empire. Sure, Tybur seemed convincing enough during the speech itself, but I don't know that it'd be enough to reverse the perception that the scary man-eating titans all come from Marley.

Even Eren's brutal attack could easily be spun as Marley getting what was coming to them, and as Tybur cowardly using diplomats and civilians as human shields.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
marley's already ruined everything. people hate marley and they hate eldians who turn into giants and eat people on behalf of marley. maybe with an extended period of not being invaded by marley paradis could manage to distance themselves from the kept eldians and form peaceful diplomatic ties with other nations, but marley would never allow this. paradis' only options were to attack or wait to be attacked, and the latter is a terrible idea.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

marley's already ruined everything. people hate marley and they hate eldians who turn into giants and eat people on behalf of marley. maybe with an extended period of not being invaded by marley paradis could manage to distance themselves from the kept eldians and form peaceful diplomatic ties with other nations, but marley would never allow this. paradis' only options were to attack or wait to be attacked, and the latter is a terrible idea.

What do you mean "Marley would never allow this?" What influence does Marley have to prevent other nations from working with Paradise? All their power came from the apparent invulnerability of their titans -- and that invulnerability has now been thoroughly dispelled.

I'm not suggesting that all the nations of the world will welcome the people of Paradise with loving arms, but I expect that many of them hold a lot on enmity toward Marley and will decide it's in their interest to back the people who have proven they can take them out but conveniently lack the infrastructure to establish their own empire.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i meant marley would never give them that time. the invasion is coming, everyone knows it.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Schwarzwald posted:

What do you mean "Marley would never allow this?" What influence does Marley have to prevent other nations from working with Paradise? All their power came from the apparent invulnerability of their titans -- and that invulnerability has now been thoroughly dispelled.

I'm not suggesting that all the nations of the world will welcome the people of Paradise with loving arms, but I expect that many of them hold a lot on enmity toward Marley and will decide it's in their interest to back the people who have proven they can take them out but conveniently lack the infrastructure to establish their own empire.

The issue is that once Marley gets wind of any major cooperation between Paradis and anyone else, they’re still going to be like “gently caress it we’re steam rolling them and getting our titans back,” only pushed further up in the schedule.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Holy poo poo a regular black guy in a manga. What a breath of fresh air.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

TheHan posted:

Holy poo poo a regular black guy in a manga. What a breath of fresh air.
I wouldn't go that far. I mean... he's religious.

Kusaru
Dec 20, 2006

I'm a Bro-ny!
Just caught up to this after tapering off just after the basement reveal and I'm extremely impressed with where it's gone.

Also reading EmmyOK's first-time watcher reactions while I caught up with the thread was a lot of fun and reminded me of so many great moments.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Can't wait until Annie wakes up and realizes she hasn't aged and Eren has a manbun now. She'll be so hosed up.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Eren left his titan can opener back on the battlefield so it'll be a while before they can talk to Annie

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

JahRoo posted:

Eren left his titan can opener back on the battlefield so it'll be a while before they can talk to Annie

Well, the can opener would probably kill her. Which might be just as well, it's doubtful they could get any information from her they don't already have at this point. It would probably be more prudent to just feed her to Eren or a younger, more loyal Paradisian soldier to use the Female Titan rather than try and convince her to flip.

Gaj
Apr 30, 2006

Well, the can opener would probably kill her. Which might be just as well, it's doubtful they could get any information from her they don't already have at this point. It would probably be more prudent to just feed her to Eren or a younger, more loyal Paradisian soldier to use the Female Titan rather than try and convince her to flip.

MIkasa wants food

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gaj posted:

MIkasa wants food

Amusing to think about, but aside from the obvious drama reasons she has to be the sole survivor of her trio at the end of all this, I imagine she's considered too much a loose cannon by the brass to allow her to have one the shifter abilities, knowing what they do now. If it were me, I'd pick the most loyal, and probably most bloodthirsty of the newest recruits and have her crush the Dew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
Ackermans can't be shifters I thought