Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
The person behind the tweets is:
Jerry Colangelo
Bryan Colangelo
Jerry & Bryan Colangelo
Sam Hinkie
Joel Embiid
Someone Else (Post the best conspiracy theories you go)
View Results

• Locked thread
Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Fast Luck posted:

yeah I agree he'll move on after the contract ends. I just like the idea of him being involved w/ the burners but being "off-limits" for the investigators while nonchalantly leaving the Vic Jr. account public and issuing threats and attempting power plays to protect his son. drat what a badass.

Jerry's going to try to take a flamethrower to everything in the office before he leaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Fast Luck posted:

I like to imagine that yes, it was Jerry, and that's why it was the one account that didn't shut down. He's that untouchable. I also like to imagine the firm doing the investigation trying to get a look at his phone but being denied clearance. Actually I've decided that's definitely what happened.

The Eric Jr was one of the ones they brought to the attention of the 76ers at first, so if that one suddenly turned off it would be obvious who ran it. They turned the others off because they didn't know the Ringer knew about them.

Shame Eric Jr was in the control group because it was by far the "best".

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Adam Silver loving sucks

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

euphronius posted:

Probably Phoenix .

not again plz no thx

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

My brother is a big process truster and Hinkie loyalist and he really wanted the Sixers to lock up Noel instead of giving him away for nothing. In retrospect that seems unbelievable but I think there was a pretty big contingent of Sixers fans feeling that way at the time. Colangelo locked up Embiid and Covington and saved them from that Noel mistake, did a nice job adding JJ, would've gotten rid of Jah (Hinkie's mistake!!) sooner if he hadn't failed a secret physical. drat what if Colangelo was actually good, is my new contrarian take

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Colangelo largely did do a good job outside of this last draft which was largely considered a good move at the time and a move that I think most GMs would have done. That can be true while also being true that it was a Nepotism hire and the whole tweet thing makes him a crappy GM.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Fast Luck posted:

My brother is a big process truster and Hinkie loyalist and he really wanted the Sixers to lock up Noel instead of giving him away for nothing. In retrospect that seems unbelievable but I think there was a pretty big contingent of Sixers fans feeling that way at the time. Colangelo locked up Embiid and Covington and saved them from that Noel mistake, did a nice job adding JJ, would've gotten rid of Jah (Hinkie's mistake!!) sooner if he hadn't failed a secret physical. drat what if Colangelo was actually good, is my new contrarian take

He did some good stuff and some bad stuff (Okafor situation was ... inexpertly handled) but he was good enough to presumably have held onto a pretty prestigious current GM job had this freak show of a story not came out. However nobody seemed to have liked him anyways

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Fast Luck posted:

I like to imagine that yes, it was Jerry, and that's why it was the one account that didn't shut down. He's that untouchable. I also like to imagine the firm doing the investigation trying to get a look at his phone but being denied clearance. Actually I've decided that's definitely what happened.

Same. and Hinkie is the source for it all. It's gonna make a great movie.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Colangelo was the JAG of GMs

Worst move was Bayless. Best move was some obvious re-signings and JJ. Overall, he was extremely mediocre

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Colangelo was the JAG of GMs

Worst move was Bayless. Best move was some obvious re-signings and JJ. Overall, he was extremely mediocre

Yeah, they will most likely need to give away their second 1st round draft pick this year to get rid of Bayless.

Reddick was a good signing, but unless massively overpaying him this past season induces him to take a longer term deal at a much lower salary, then it was a just an expensive one year rental in a year with no real championship aspirations.

When he traded Noel he got them to add on a conditional first round pick that had no chance of ever being realized, insulting the intelligence of the fans I guess because he thought it would make him look better?

Picking Simmons was a no-brainer that anyone would have done.

I give him credit for getting the injury clauses in Embiid's max deal and front loading the Covington contract so his subsequent years are reasonable.

But in the end, the appraisal of his tenure will be tied to the Fultz/Tatum trade.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

To be fair to Colangelo he never called the picks he got back for Noel a 1st. He always called them 2 seconds . That was imho defining a Scott O’Neil move to label them a first .

Also 2 seconds and Justin Anderson is a good return for Noel .

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Noel ate a hot dog

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you take out the insane twitter poo poo I thought Colangelo was ok and did some good things. I though he was pretty straight forward in his way on issues and he made some good moves especially in his development of the front office .

If it turns it he wanted to fire Brett brown tho that kind of puts a bad light on everything (Plus if all the tweets were his POV) and I’d have to say he was just loving terrible

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Cool Buff Man posted:

Noel ate a hot dog

How many times in the history of the NBA is a player eating a hot dog the most notable part of their season?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Spacebump posted:

How many times in the history of the NBA is a player eating a hot dog the most notable part of their season?

The answer is not enough times in my humble opinion

Hopefully the Knicks get involved in a hot dog scandal so I can start calling their future star "Franks" Ntilikina

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Fast Luck posted:

Colangelo actually saved then has been my take for a long time and I'm sticking with it now that it is completely nuclear

MourningView fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Jun 9, 2018

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Imagine if Noel was in their books right now for 20million +

Total disaster

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I was going to say that Cleveland dodged a bullet in 2013 due to the fact that Noel suffered a major knee injury at Kentucky and lost his consensus #1 draft status as a result, but then I remembered that they drafted Anthony Bennett instead.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Charlotte drafting a Zeller with the fourth pick and somehow coming out ahead is a one in a million shot

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
ben detrick has a podcast about the tweets that went private:
https://twitter.com/bdetrick/status/1005223214790963200?s=20

e: lmao at them accusing Daryl Morey of blocking Colangelo's kid from going to MIT

e2: he loves D'Antoni so much

Stevie Lee fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 9, 2018

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
"coaches who come from the san antonio tree report back to the mothership"

lmfao

and the media is afraid of the "san antonio mafia" ahahahahahaha

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Stevie Lee posted:

e2: he loves D'Antoni so much

Same tbh

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
i like dantony's teeth. some gorgeous chompers trying to escape his mouth in order to take a three point shot

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Ammanas posted:

i like dantony's teeth. some gorgeous chompers trying to escape his mouth in order to take a three point shot

Hes the pringles man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bye Jerry
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2788556-jerry-colangelos-contract-with-76ers-wont-be-renewed-at-end-of-2018

• Locked thread