Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

ayy can you hit the lights on your way out

kool thx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Here she comes!

What a cutie! :3:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Here she comes!

A super dog

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Pepper under pepper.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

PenisMonkey posted:

Pupper under pupper.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Needs a small brass plate under the photo that reads "Bork."

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Needs a small brass plate under the photo that reads "Bork."

:wrong:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

it's an inspirational quote rear end in a top hat

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Monty barks but can boof if motivated enough.

Usually he just yips though. Ask LingcodKilla. He says Monty is the quietest dog he’s come across.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
So what you’re saying is he’s never met a basenji

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Tarkus has kind of a bitch bark, high pitched for his size. Jade on the other hand has a super deep gruff that sounds twice as big as she is. Being a hound she also honks like a goose when upset. My favorite though, is the BAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooo she reserves for the squirrels in the backyard.

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Here are the butt twins.

And I don’t remember if I posted these aarrrooooooos but even if I did I’m going to post it again.

https://youtu.be/xNebIfNjioM

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

PenisMonkey posted:

So what you’re saying is he’s never met a basenji

His barks are exactly the same as a basenji 99% of the time.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

https://twitter.com/jenellebnstr/status/1003814235812425729?s=21

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:vince:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN8DRJ8OMcA

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

I'm not crying, you're crying. :unsmith:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Omfg :3:

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
oh my god I can't handle this video

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Lando's part GSD so I straight up can't watch this.

I sometimes think of Lando's life before he came to my girlfriend and I. He had obviously been neglected (he was 37 lbs then, now he's nearly 60) and the thought of someone being so cruel makes me so seriously sad for him. I can't help but picture him unhappy and hungry, and it just makes me want to push his previous owner's teeth in. However, I of course know that I've already done right by Lando by giving him the best forever home that I can, but still. It's very hard for me to think of someone mistreating a dog without getting angry, and harder still to think of someone intentionally hurting or neglecting one without running the risk of developing an incandescent rage.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Bruce came up to Minnesota by way of Louisville, and he has a scar above his eye the exact shape and size as a birdshot pellet.

He's also really scared of shovels.

Now he sleeps on my bed, and occasionally farts himself awake.

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Lando's part GSD so I straight up can't watch this.

I sometimes think of Lando's life before he came to my girlfriend and I. He had obviously been neglected (he was 37 lbs then, now he's nearly 60) and the thought of someone being so cruel makes me so seriously sad for him. I can't help but picture him unhappy and hungry, and it just makes me want to push his previous owner's teeth in. However, I of course know that I've already done right by Lando by giving him the best forever home that I can, but still. It's very hard for me to think of someone mistreating a dog without getting angry, and harder still to think of someone intentionally hurting or neglecting one without running the risk of developing an incandescent rage.

Ada is similar, the rescue that we got her from basically has a no questions asked policy when surrendering dogs and they said they had no information on her. The vet had to guess her age based on her teeth, but they're not exactly the healthiest so I think he might have said she was older than she really is. Based on her behaviour I don't know if it was outright abuse or just neglect. Not long after we got her, my wife got called away unexpectedly for work, so we asked if my parents could look after her while I was at work too, but they struggled because of the way she is so I took her to some boarding kennels until she got back. The people who own it used to be Rottie breeders before they opened the kennels. Ada still had a shaved chest from the desexing operation and the first thing the owner said was, "Geez it looks like she's had a few litters". When we explained that we had no idea because she was a rescue we concluded that she was probably part of a puppy mill or was used to breed pups for selling and once that well dried up the owner just bailed on her.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

I got Rhys from a shelter a little over a year ago and he’s still incredibly timid. It’ll take ages to warm up to people (if at all) and he spends most of his time hiding under my father’s desk.

Slowly but surely he’s coming out of his shell a bit, but he’ll still flinch and run away out of nowhere and it’s heartbreaking. I can’t carry anything longer than a flyswatter without him running away (and he usually runs from those, too).

I just have no idea how people can mistreat animals, and especially dogs. They’re just... Such great creatures.

Sometimes Rhys gets comfortable, at least :3:

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

So let’s talk about dogs being treated wonderfully, then.

A very big, fluffy dog got tired on a hike and had to be carried down a mountain.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Awwww.

Apollo right now is curled up on the couch and my feet, resting after playing hard today. No pictures because I'm tired myself, sorry.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I went out after work to have a pint or three with a buddy I don’t see often. I was late coming home as a result, and this was not acceptable to Tarkus as I am supposed to be home prior to 5 PM.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Super Grocery Kart posted:

I went out after work to have a pint or three with a buddy I don’t see often. I was late coming home as a result, and this was not acceptable to Tarkus as I am supposed to be home prior to 5 PM.

A) Misread as Sir Tarkus, he's a knight now

B) I love that collar, gosh. I should get a cool fancy collar for Apollo!

C) What a good boy.

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

EARS

(might be a second post of this but I don’t care because EARS)

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Two pages of Corgies over at boredpanda.com.
You will need to decide whether you want to support clickbait or Corgies.
I went for Corgies.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Sitting in Cafe of office I'm visiting, hung over as hell and trying to work a bit before going to airport. Looked out the window and saw some husky eyes and realized I was being page for emergency belly rubs.

This is Hiro and she's a good girl.

I live the most ridiculous life.

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Reggie and Chico got tacticool vests for the summer hiking/canoeing season. Now I just have to sew up some floatation sponsons to hook onto the molle loops.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

mrmcd posted:

Sitting in Cafe of office I'm visiting, hung over as hell and trying to work a bit before going to airport. Looked out the window and saw some husky eyes and realized I was being page for emergency belly rubs.

You rubbed that belly, right?

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

StrixNebulosa posted:

You rubbed that belly, right?

I mean of course. Belly was rubber until human came to collect her (presumably for a hard day's work of ear scritches and eye gazing).

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

mrmcd posted:

I mean of course. Belly was rubber until human came to collect her (presumably for a hard day's work of ear scritches and eye gazing).

God's work.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Weltlich posted:

Reggie and Chico got tacticool vests for the summer hiking/canoeing season. Now I just have to sew up some floatation sponsons to hook onto the molle loops.

:kimchi:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

mrmcd posted:

This is Hiro and she's a good girl.

Sometimes my co-workers with cool dogs will bring them to work. It's awesome. They just chill and are quiet and then there's randomly a dog to pet. One of them is a huge Akita who wants nothing in life but to love you and to be loved in return. I want to steal him someday :kimchi:

Edit: If you are in a legal state or just dgaf, I highly recommend getting gently stoned and binging this thread. It's basically a lovely experience. I do not have to share, but judging by the cat thread in YOSPOS me acknowledging that I don't have a dog means it's like a year, maybe two, before I get one.

Tendai fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

Tendai posted:

Sometimes my co-workers with cool dogs will bring them to work. It's awesome. They just chill and are quiet and then there's randomly a dog to pet. One of them is a huge Akita who wants nothing in life but to love you and to be loved in return. I want to steal him someday :kimchi:

Working at the VA has the benefit of people bringing dogs in ALL THE TIME. I gave pets to 4 different dogs today.