Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Fulchrum posted:

You do remember that that ending still includes about ten minutes of EVA giving unskippable exposition about how she's a Chinese spy, that literally has no effect on anything else in the MGS universe, right?

Your example was Strider, because it involves doing some dumb power fantasy "awesome" thing. From your other examples, it has nothing to do with emotional connection, and everything to do with it being something random.

I do indeed remember the disparate components of the greatest ending to a videogame ever done, Deak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

when will we get to e4
that came out a couple years ago on xbla, I agree they should remake it though

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Ghost Trick is the perfect game with the perfect ending anyway

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Ulio posted:

Eh I found it useful. On darker tendency you would get higher drop rate if you wanted a rarer item.

If you manipulated world tendency with conscious choices instead of gently caress ups, maybe it would be good. Like if you had to deliberately murder NPCs or burn an item a la bonfire ascetics or humanity.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Good.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

NieR Automata DLC looking weird.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope that's before e3

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Super No Vacancy posted:

when will we get to e4

I cant believe they called the 23rd Electronic Entertainment Expo, E3.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Policenaut posted:

You can find like those notes or whatever that suggest the Fireflies have been reduced to basically cultists and aren't in a right frame of mind.

Actually, it's so good,

Ya I think last year's e3 was hella boring but that just meant alot of announcement/reveals were left for this year. I am lowkey hoping for a Monster Hunter World PC release date by Capcom with a trailer during pc gameshow or youtube.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Reposting cause we're less than 24 hours out and my spidey sense is tingling that somebody wants to ask "When does this poo poo kick off?"

EA and Microsoft are generally the most cringeiest of all the presentations, so here's hoping we kick off 2018 with a bang!

Last year for reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cepp6lQhBE

Can't wait to hear from this years bottom of the battle Youtube 'influencers'!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

those halcyon days when batlefront 2 actually seemed cool and would have a better reception than the previous one

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

those halcyon days when batlefront 2 actually seemed cool and would have a better reception than the previous one

Well perhaps they'll learn their lessons by Battlefront 3!

The general public I mean :v:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Best game ending is the last guardian or yakuza zero or some other cool game i like

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I feel it's worth mentioning that Battlefront 2 added an Ewoks vs Stormtroopers mode

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

God I can't wait for the Bethesda presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4

If they rip out the building horseshit of Fallout 4, I might be interest in 76 depending on what it is.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

Best game ending is the last guardian

whiteguyblinks.gif

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Infinitum posted:

If they rip out the building horseshit of Fallout 4, I might be interest in 76 depending on what it is.

I've got bad news for you, probably.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Infinitum posted:

God I can't wait for the Bethesda presentation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvGXCisAaR4

Early guesses are that it's a multiplayer survival game, so it's probably gonna double down on the building horseshit!

Orv
May 4, 2011

Infinitum posted:

What if instead, they made more of it, and that was 60 to 80% of the game.

I know, I know, but you'll have to hold onto your money for now.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

It's a World Cup year so the obligatory FIFA trailer at the EA conference is probably going to be even more baffling than usual.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Funky Valentine posted:

It's a World Cup year so the obligatory FIFA trailer at the EA conference is probably going to be even more baffling than usual.

"We've dug out Pele to talk about soccer!"

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Policenaut posted:

Please don't steal my jokes

Orv
May 4, 2011

Policenaut posted:

Pele, unlike us, is smart enough not to come back.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i wont mind the building so long as there aren't more than two different places you can build or you can just build anywhere and if it has a bit more depth than fo4. To me one of the annoying parts of building in fo4 is that there are a zillion different places you can build and there really isn't any point in building in any of them. I always just ended up turning red rocket into a base of operations for myself and sending all my companions there.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I liked building a pretty junk house on the beach in F4.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Funky Valentine posted:

I hope they bring back the guy who was super loving intense about soccer.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe
I hope Microsoft brings another car onstage and Phil Spencer just does donuts with it for two hours while screaming THIS THING IS A MONSTER

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

the first ever live e3 q&a
please form two lines

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I hope Microsoft brings another car onstage and Phil Spencer just does donuts with it for two hours while screaming THIS THING IS A MONSTER
then he steps out of it and opens the trunk and there's a screen inside it, and he's like "actually its an xbox"

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Why is most of E3 over the weekend now?

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

homeless snail posted:

then he steps out of it and opens the trunk and there's a screen inside it, and he's like "actually its an xbox"

very cool

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The Glumslinger posted:

Why is most of E3 over the weekend now?

Mircosoft was mad that press was getting to see them get owned by sony within like a 3 hr period and moved to sunday to get a full news cycle of their message.

Ea didnt want to pay esa fees so they made their own e3 with blackjack and lootboxes

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Mircosoft was mad that press was getting to see them get owned by sony within like a 3 hr period and moved to sunday to get a full news cycle of their message.

Ea didnt want to pay esa fees so they made their own e3 with blackjack and lootboxes

it's also probably easier on the journalists who are there to get most of the conferences out of the way by the time the floor opens up and they have to start bouncing from meeting-to-meeting all day

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Real hurthling! posted:

Mircosoft was mad that press was getting to see them get owned by sony within like a 3 hr period

Was this just 2013 or did they get same-day-owned again after that

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

also the car has the same name as some sort of horrible tragedy

LET'S PUT SOME GAS ON THE FIAT AUSCHWITZ

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

also the car has the same name as some sort of horrible tragedy

LET'S PUT SOME GAS ON THE FIAT AUSCHWITZ

plz don't doxx my username on libertarian webforums

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Super No Vacancy posted:

when will we get to e4
They called the 23rd Electronic Entertainment Expo E3

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Doorknob Slobber posted:

i wont mind the building so long as there aren't more than two different places you can build or you can just build anywhere and if it has a bit more depth than fo4. To me one of the annoying parts of building in fo4 is that there are a zillion different places you can build and there really isn't any point in building in any of them. I always just ended up turning red rocket into a base of operations for myself and sending all my companions there.

was fallout 4 fun if you just wanted to explore poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I wonder if EA is gonna have YouTube influencers at their conference again :allears:

• Locked thread