Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Pass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
Pass

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Pay for CSX with $100 cash.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

gonna pass on ipos from now on, obviously

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I also pass.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Pass.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Pass if I didn’t earlier

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Santa Fe in Houston for $100

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 5, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Stash autopasses, pass.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Pass.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Assuming Papes passes, i'll fund with $100 cash.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Pass

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Starting the other SF in Santa Fe for 132, no one else can afford that so I get it, start w/ Blasting Powder, Regional HQ, and $42 cash.
Please, people with money, I beg of you... at least make Lecher buy Helena rather than regional junction-ing it to a blip and being able to get the full GNR payout w/ a 3T. It's a good town!

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jun 6, 2018

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I'll regional junction you, buster! :arghfist:

Pass on Squishy's IPO

Edit: I guess actually since everyone has to pass that means it's my turn next. Let me decide here.

Porfiriato fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Jun 6, 2018

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Pass on starting an IPO.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Pass

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Start UP in Helena for $156

No one can outbid me, so I get it.

Panzeh fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 6, 2018

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

I hope you weren't persuaded to start in Helena just because of Squishy's exhortations. I still have the Regional Junction private (I made a mild mistake by not using it on the RRs I started in Portland/Fargo).

There's no way I could have started a company in Helena and then turned it into a junction. So best-case scenario I would have had to use it to start a company in some subsidy-less craphole like Boise, and then on top of that, pay to bulldoze up to Helena just to use it which seems like a...not super great early start for that company. It would have been awesome to nuke Helena off the map, but even without another company there I don't think it would have been practical to do.

Speaking of subsidy-less crapholes, Western Pacific in Los Angeles for $100.

Edit: I believe only Papes can bid on that at this point.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

If no one touched it though you could run through it. Which isn't that likely w/ a $50 subsidy but you never know.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Known Lecher posted:

I hope you weren't persuaded to start in Helena just because of Squishy's exhortations. I still have the Regional Junction private (I made a mild mistake by not using it on the RRs I started in Portland/Fargo).

There's no way I could have started a company in Helena and then turned it into a junction. So best-case scenario I would have had to use it to start a company in some subsidy-less craphole like Boise, and then on top of that, pay to bulldoze up to Helena just to use it which seems like a...not super great early start for that company. It would have been awesome to nuke Helena off the map, but even without another company there I don't think it would have been practical to do.

Speaking of subsidy-less crapholes, Western Pacific in Los Angeles for $100.

Edit: I believe only Papes can bid on that at this point.

No, given my privates and the subsidy, it was the best company left.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

That's fair, I was just a little :tinfoil: that everyone was concerned about stopping me from using Rural Junction to turbocharge Great Northern's route, when it wasn't really possible for me to do in the first place.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I'm a master persuader.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Pass

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Fund with Rural Junction and :10bux:

Papes to IPO. Or not.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Fund UP with coal, iron, cash, and subsidy.

Pass on everything through the remainder.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Pass on ipo

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Since no one else has enough cash to do anything, that ends the Stock Round, and all subsidies go away. I think Papes is Preferred Dealer too.
e: it's unasked-for advice but I don't see the value in delaying a start, rather than having a company up and running (and paying dividends) 2 ORs earlier. In any case, it's Papes PRR to start the OR.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 8, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Seating Order:
Panzeh
Stash
Squishy
Lecher
Papes - PD

Operating starts with PRR and moves in descending share price order.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Is there like a key or tooltips for company logo-name-acronym? I can't tell most of them apart

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

There is no key. I made one with the flipped side of their stock counters, which does have their name, but it's not the clearest.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I’m traveling this weekend and am having trouble getting board18 to work on my tablet. I don’t want to hold the game up so hopefully I can figure out a workaround soon.

All I’m going to do is build a metro city in Denver, pay to lay a 2nd piece of track north through the coal,and then buy a 2 train ( and only 1 because you can only take loans when you are forced to buy trains correct?)

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You dont have to lay a tile in Denver, it was placed there when you started the company, and incorrect, you can take loans pretty much whenever.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mr. Squishy posted:

You dont have to lay a tile in Denver, it was placed there when you started the company, and incorrect, you can take loans pretty much whenever.

The only time you can't take a loan is between the pay interest and buy trains step. In 17/USA, loans are entirely voluntary.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Panzeh posted:

The only time you can't take a loan is between the pay interest and buy trains step. In 17/USA, loans are entirely voluntary.

Dang it.....I knew something was off on my only play of 1817

My OR will now be to lay a piece of track southwest of Denver, and then pay to lay another one into Santa Fe. Then I’ll buy a single 2train.

Papes fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Jun 9, 2018

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Papes posted:

Dang it.....I knew something was off on my only play of 1817

My OR will now be to lay a piece of track southwest of Denver, and then pay to lay another one into Santa Fe. Then I’ll buy a single 2train.

You can lay the tiles out in board18 or let me know what exit you want out of santa fe

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Another wrong thing in Pape's post, you are never forced to buy a train. It's a legal move, but a bad idea, to deign not to. The company would then be liquidated, however.
That's one of the weird things about '17.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Another q is: do you want to place your coal tokens down, as it's optional and i don't think you said.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

Another wrong thing in Pape's post, you are never forced to buy a train. It's a legal move, but a bad idea, to deign not to. The company would then be liquidated, however.
That's one of the weird things about '17.

Yeah, that was just poor wording on my part. Sorry if that confused anyone who hasn’t played 17.

Mr. Squishy posted:

Another q is: do you want to place your coal tokens down, as it's optional and i don't think you said.

Yes I want to place a coal token

Panzeh posted:

You can lay the tiles out in board18 or let me know what exit you want out of santa fe

I’d like the exit straight west

Papes fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 9, 2018

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

ANother another thing: PRR has 110. Second track lay is 20 and 2T is 100.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

ANother another thing: PRR has 110. Second track lay is 20 and 2T is 100.

Dang I am terrible at playing over the internet, just scratch that 2nd tile lay. I’ll pay for it next OR with the private income

• Locked thread