Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
June 11
Deadline for all early entrants (including international players) to withdraw from the NBA draft (4:00pm CT).

June 17
Latest possible end date for the NBA Finals.

June 21
NBA draft day :woop:

June 24
Last day for potential restricted free agents to exercise player options.

June 25
NBA awards show. :ok:

June 29
Last day for decisions on player, team and early termination options, unless individual contracts specify otherwise.

June 30
Last official day of the 2017/18 NBA league year.
Last day for teams to make qualifying offers to players eligible for restricted free agency.

July 1
Official start of the 2018/19 NBA league year. :slick:
July moratorium begins.
Free agents can begin reaching verbal agreements with teams.
Restricted free agents can sign an offer sheet.
Teams can begin signing players to rookie scale contracts, minimum salary contracts, and two-way contracts.
(Hint, here is where the hilarity peaks)

July 6
July moratorium ends (11:00am CT)
Teams can begin officially signing players, extending players, and completing trades.
The two-day period for matching an RFA offer sheet signed during the moratorium begins.

July 13
Last day for teams to unilaterally withdraw qualifying offers to restricted free agents.

July 15
Last day for teams to issue required tenders to unsigned first-round picks; those players become free agents on July 16 if not tendered.

August 31
Last day for teams to waive players and apply the stretch provision to their 2018/19 salaries.

September 5
Last day for teams to issue required tenders to unsigned second-round picks; those players become free agents on September 6 if not tendered.

Late September (specific dates TBA)
Training camps open.

October 16th
NBA Season Starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebron

james

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Is anyone going to care about the NBA Awards show on the 25th? That seems like the dumbest timing

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the last time this season we can claim the fix is in must watch tv

VV thunder missing the playoffs

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/GarmanSports/status/1005514616515059713?s=19

I demand footage of Russ hanging out in Des Moines.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

did KD get invited to Collison's retirement party? I demand maximum petty from this offseason

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The Zombie burger where the buns are replaced by texas toast grilled cheese sandwiches seems up his alley.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

The Zombie burger where the buns are replaced by texas toast grilled cheese sandwiches seems up his alley.

Most of his shirts would fit in perfectly at the High Life

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

dag yo, look at russ's veiny arms

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Drew Gooden looking fat

Exploding Computer
Oct 6, 2006
Fun Shoe

BWV posted:

Drew Gooden looking fat

Don't talk about Barry White like that.

TheKevman
Dec 13, 2003
I thought Mad Max: Fury Road was
:mediocre:
so you should probably ignore anything else I say

BWV posted:

Drew Gooden looking fat

He always looked like one of those guys that once it came to an end he'd just explode.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
KNIGHTS OF LEBRON

Remember to pack and be ready and prepared to deploy to, Houston, Philly, Miami, LA, or SA by July 1st.

You will be left behind, and probably have to bum a ride off Brian Windhorst.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

KNIGHTS OF LEBRON

Remember to pack and be ready and prepared to deploy to, Houston, Philly, Miami, LA, or SA by July 1st.

he is going to chicago, this is all part of gar forman's plan

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

LeBron will not go to Philly

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

R.D. Mangles posted:

he is going to chicago, this is all part of gar forman's plan

Lebron wants to take it easy turn every day into movie night.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

triple sulk posted:

LeBron will not go to Philly

I have my doubts too. Its the easiest path but the worst fit out of the 3 east teams.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Congrats to lockback for winning the playoffs picking contest, and to all who played

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/ list of all free agents for 2018

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Away all Goats posted:

I have my doubts too. Its the easiest path but the worst fit out of the 3 east teams.

Boston is a better fit if they ditch Kyrie. Houston too, but they have a difficult situation as I understand. I'm starting to think he stays because just about everyone loses too much in order to get him and he just tries to neg Gilbert into selling the team. A Miami reunion is dumb enough to be possible though.

Also, honestly, I think the Sixers fail to get any of the big three names (let's be real that PG probably goes to LA) and I just about under no circumstances want Kawhi. I don't trust a thing about that situation.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Sorry in advance for my dumb hot takes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Paul George is staying in okc

:unsmith:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

Congrats to lockback for winning the playoffs picking contest, and to all who played

Ah poo poo, really? My superior knowledge needs to be respected more often.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Paul George, LeBron, and Kawhi all to join the warriors

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What kind of deal do you think Jabari Parker will get?
(no second contract, forced to play in China)

Will Elfrid Payton sign for more than 8m/yr?
(league minimum)
Who will pay for Mario Hezonja?
(ANY TEAM WHO CAN)

Will Wade "Supercop" Baldwin get a second contract?
(NO!!!)

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 9, 2018

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Ghost Dog posted:

lebron

james

nebo

smalerj

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Go to Philly, trade Simmons, Fultz and Bayless to New Orleans for Anthony Davis.

Embiid/Davis/Lebron/Covington/TJ McConnell(the new Chalmers)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Lockback posted:

Go to Philly, trade Simmons, Fultz and Bayless to New Orleans for Anthony Davis.

I'm ok with this

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

What kind of deal do you think Jabari Parker will get?

Will Elfrid Payton sign for more than 8m/yr?

Who will pay for Mario Hezonja?

Will Wade "Supercop" Baldwin get a second contract?

1. Probably not the rookie max, but it'll be a lot. People aren't used to the new cap and young players yet.
2. That's like MLE money, he'll get it. I'd wager on a KCP-like deal, 15+ mil but only 2 years + Team Option.
3. Good bet for a Spur that ends up WAY over producing on an MLE
4. Does G-League count?

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Locking the thread about the finals less than 24 hours later? Do we always do this? I’m still trying to talk about the finals.

Lebron hasn’t blamed the hand injury. If you don’t understand why you hide injuries from your opponents, it’s so they can’t exploit them. This Is standard in every sport.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

cosmicjim posted:

Locking the thread about the finals less than 24 hours later? Do we always do this? I’m still trying to talk about the finals.

Lebron hasn’t blamed the hand injury. If you don’t understand why you hide injuries from your opponents, it’s so they can’t exploit them. This Is standard in every sport.

You can still talk about the Finals. We were going in kind of a death spiral there so I wanted to reset the conversation, plus finals sweeps make me pissy.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lockback posted:

Theres no way NO says yes to that

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

cosmicjim posted:

He did blame it, in fact, and unnecessarily so--he didn't need any excuses, and his excuse was embarrassing and immature.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Lockback posted:

You can still talk about the Finals. We were going in kind of a death spiral there so I wanted to reset the conversation, plus finals sweeps make me pissy.

Finals sweeps get us to off-season insanity sooner. And judging by how nuts this regular season was, this off-season is fixing to be the apocalypse.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

1. Probably not the rookie max, but it'll be a lot. People aren't used to the new cap and young players yet.
2. That's like MLE money, he'll get it. I'd wager on a KCP-like deal, 15+ mil but only 2 years + Team Option.
3. Good bet for a Spur that ends up WAY over producing on an MLE
4. Does G-League count?

1.There's no more leeway in any career other than rich guy's son than being a top 3 NBA draft pick

2. Do you think so? I think the lack of cap space is really going to slam his head in a window, possibly cutting his hair off. His only saving grace is that he was shooting 37.3% from three before he was traded to the phoenix graveyard

3. It's a tough spot for the Magic, because he overlaps heavily with Gordon, who's an RFA, and fournier, who has several years left. He really blew up when they gave him the ball and let him do whatever he wanted

4. Maybe

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Vox Nihili posted:

He did blame it, in fact, and unnecessarily so--he didn't need any excuses, and his excuse was embarrassing and immature.

It might be more manly to never reveal it, but after the adrenaline and painkiller/anti inflammatory injections wear off, you'd probably want the cast too. We don't have to live in a world of twitter hot takes. He played really well in spite of having a broken hand. Steph Curry played well despite having some sprained ligaments. Igoudala did the same. It's the playoffs, a lot of guys play hurt.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I will still watch the draft even though it's quite clear who the Suns are taking.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lockback posted:

It was fun to see the non warrior fan Green truther

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Lockback posted:

I enjoyed that at the end of the last thread people were re-re-re-relitigating whether Draymond should be allowed to kick people in the balls.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Dejan Bimble posted:

It might be more manly to never reveal it, but after the adrenaline and painkiller/anti inflammatory injections wear off, you'd probably want the cast too. We don't have to live in a world of twitter hot takes. He played really well in spite of having a broken hand. Steph Curry played well despite having some sprained ligaments. Igoudala did the same. It's the playoffs, a lot of guys play hurt.

He said his hand was "basically broken" and it isn't clear if it was an actual break. By games 3-4 it looked pretty normal. The embarrassing part was that it was self-inflicted, which means if it's a real break that he hosed over his own team.

Like, obviously getting hurt in a game is not shameful, but that's not what happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dexo posted:

KNIGHTS OF LEBRON

and then to pack up and leave houston again after a presser because who the gently caress comes here in july

• Locked thread