Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Accordion Man posted:

Rumor is that Odyssey won't be until next year so they probably did learn.

nah, i heard christmas of this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Rinkles posted:

They did get a one off license (also on DS).

Looked very average.

Wait, I know I played this. I just don't remember a single part of it. I think the robot had a snarky personality?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Iacen posted:

Wait, I know I played this. I just don't remember a single part of it. I think the robot had a snarky personality?

In Star Wars? Sounds like bullshit to me.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I literally can't remember anything about this game, which is odd because I usually remember all kinds of weird poo poo about games I've played. This one is just a blank space. That kind of bland is actually a bit impressive.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I can't fathom why anyone would want to play mostly PvE games like The Division or Anthem, do some people really get that much satisfaction out of killing AI?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

I can't fathom why anyone would want to play mostly PvE games like The Division or Anthem, do some people really get that much satisfaction out of killing AI?

Empathy is hard for goons, I know, but consider that some people might want different experiences from their video game time.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Teikanmi posted:

because its fun.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
protip: you can pretend the division is anime by setting dialogue to japanese and subtitles to english!!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/BioMarkDarrah/status/1005538720915681281?s=19

probably already posted but lmao

Orv
May 4, 2011
It's a pseudo-MMO what were you expecting?

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Wasn't Destiny the same way?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Orv posted:

It's a pseudo-MMO what were you expecting?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's a bioware rpg too

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fly with me posted:

Wasn't Destiny the same way?

Yeah, it’s not terribly uncommon with major games these days.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

univbee posted:

Microsoft truly was ahead of it's time when they announced the Xbox One.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
they called it the x box one x

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Teikanmi posted:

pvp means you're forced to deal with every 13 year old with a jordan peterson fetish and a dream to be the next ninja or mute voice and play against something that is essentially pve only with no difficulty control

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Teikanmi posted:

Some people have friends they like to play chill games with and PvP isn't chill.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
i will remember youuuuuu......

will you remember meeeee....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K211xq5fVq0

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kurtofan posted:

It's a bioware rpg too

Only by the barest connotations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

univbee posted:

Yeah, Destiny has been online-only for 3.5 years and no one's angry about it any more.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Christ Almighty. I've seen the same fake picture of a Nintendo rundown five times now, and each time people have taken it seriously when it features "WarioWare: Shove It Up Your Own rear end" and a Nintendo Switch XL and a New Nintendo Switch.

:ughh:

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Grinnblade posted:

Christ Almighty. I've seen the same fake picture of a Nintendo rundown five times now, and each time people have taken it seriously when it features "WarioWare: Shove It Up Your Own rear end" and a Nintendo Switch XL and a New Nintendo Switch.

:ughh:

Yeah, them making a new Warioware would be pretty unusual.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

much like last year, I continued the tradition of skipping just the EA portion of E3 by going out with my wife

by the looks of things, once again I didn't miss out on anything. laughed when I saw people say they'd give EA an F- grade solely due to bringing loving phone games to an E3 conference. Anthem sounds like a fuckup waiting to happen.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

I didn't miss out on anything. laughed when I saw people say they'd give EA an F- grade solely due to bringing loving phone games to an E3 conference.
Not just that, it was a Command and Conquer phone game which added a bunch of salt to the wound.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

rip the already beaten and molested corpse of C&C

Grinnblade posted:

WarioWare: Shove It Up Your Own rear end

i want to believe

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Can FROSTBITE do mobile?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Where the gently caress is skate loving 4!!!

Also is Aisha Tyler hosting the Ubisoft conference

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

theyre waiting for e4

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

Where the gently caress is skate loving 4!!!

EA doesn't produce what you WANT. EA produces what you DESERVE.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Going to eBay to buy copies of Skate 2 and 3 on PS3 because goddamnit if the servers are back online maybe I can buy in and the universe will deign give us a skate HD collection.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Sea of Solitude shows that EA missed the memo that nobody cares about lovely indie platform games about feelings anymore.

That and SPORTS! 2019, knock-off Destiny and phonegame C+C means that they may be the most tone-deaf publisher in the gaming industry.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

Can FROSTBITE do mobile?

Probably, a modern high-end smartphone is about as powerful as a seventh-generation console.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
anthem looks like a colossal piece of poo poo

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

spudsbuckley posted:

Sea of Solitude shows that EA missed the memo that nobody cares about lovely indie platform games about feelings anymore.

I think you're in the minority on that one

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

EA not putting Unravel2 or Sea of Solitude on the Switch, a system where indies make pure gold, is mindboggling

Watched the Anthem video and while it looks gorgeous (most EA poo poo does) I can see this quickly going awry in some kind of Evolve capacity wherein the mechanics and locomotion looks good in demos but then the content is just loving nothing. ME:A had the best combat and this looks like taking it to the next level so I'm hoping maybe they can capitalize on that but at the end of the day, the whole "uh it's meant to be 4player with humans otherwise it'll be tough to play" statement seems worrying. Even Destiny games could be played solo with no detriment.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

spudsbuckley posted:

That and SPORTS! 2019, knock-off Destiny and phonegame C+C means that they may be the most tone-deaf publisher in the gaming industry.

it seemed like everyone loved celeste

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Pylons posted:

Yeah, it and Unravel 2 are like the only games that were well received. Plus Sea of Solitude looks like more of a Team Ico game in design and that's a niche than can use some more filling.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

cooperation, is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pylons posted:

Ive played enough to just wait for them to be free from now on. They aint gonna top celeste

• Locked thread