Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Man, that was a really good episode. Matt and Virgil work well together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Just got caught up because I didn't subscribe to the new feed, and it was a nice surprise to hear Stephen Sajdak on an episode. It's cool when some of my favorite podcasts have crossovers.

Also, really loving What a Cartoon.

Anybody know what happened with the whole Laser Time connection?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Meredith Baxter-Burnout posted:

So why hasn't there been a new episode in over two weeks? :confused:

We changed feeds so you'll need to resubscribe in order to get free episodes beyond Two Bad Neighbors. Henry put out a brief announcement on the old feed yesterday so hopefully everyone got the message by now.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
Are you guys only doing one season of Futurama?

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

khwarezm posted:

Are you guys only doing one season of Futurama?

Yep, that was our plan from the beginning. Three weekly podcasts at once (plus Retronauts for me) is the absolute max we can do, and once we're back down to two we can have a little more time for other things like trips and live shows. The good news is we'll probably hit our $11000 goal soon, which will unlock a second mini-series for 2018 that Patrons can vote on. The good news is there's always a chance for us to return to Futurama in the future.

We still have tons of bonus/exclusive content after Talking Futurama, so we hope folks don't pull out when that's over. But I'm pretty confident they won't since we only grew in the hiatus between Talking Critic and Talking Futurama.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

3 A.M. Radio posted:

Anybody know what happened with the whole Laser Time connection?

The new Talking Simpsons feed is from them making a clean break from the LT site after Chris Antista's implosion and subsequent radio silence.

bobservo posted:

Hey everyone, I wish I had more to tell you about the Laser Time situation but I honestly don't know any more than you about the content plan. As far as I know, Laser Time and 30-20-10 will be the only LT podcasts for the foreseeable future (since a bunch of them are banked), while VGA is going on hiatus. Cape Crisis, VGMpire, and Cheap Popcast will continue to be dead. These are not my decisions to make, but I do wish Chris had been more forthcoming with these changes instead of announcing them at the tail-end of a free Patreon-hosted podcast that wasn't labeled as a special announcement.

The people he's worked with have had to answer for him since he's gone radio silent (no tweets from his account or the LT account in over a month), and in case anything bad happens, or if these future plans for Laser Time don't work out, I don't want myself or Henry or any of the other podcasters to look like we're complicit (since a significant portion of our audiences overlap).

I'm glad Bob and Henry are doing so well on their own but without them Laser Time probably isn't long for this world. The eps of Thirty Twenty Ten and Laser Time since Antista moved to Florida are loving dire since they're just him and a single guest and he's always been the worst part of the network by far. The last episode of 30/20/10 even a really ominous line about not wanting the show to die without playing the Magnum PI theme at least once.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Oh man I watched the video about CAD that was mentioned in today's ep of Talking Futurama and it made me very upset.

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Oh man I watched the video about CAD that was mentioned in today's ep of Talking Futurama and it made me very upset.

What was that again?

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...

Guy Mann posted:

I'm glad Bob and Henry are doing so well on their own but without them Laser Time probably isn't long for this world. The eps of Thirty Twenty Ten and Laser Time since Antista moved to Florida are loving dire since they're just him and a single guest and he's always been the worst part of the network by far. The last episode of 30/20/10 even a really ominous line about not wanting the show to die without playing the Magnum PI theme at least once.

That's too bad. I actually found Laser Time before any of the other podcasts and I enjoyed it, but I ended up pretty much liking everybody BUT Chris Antista. I also stopped listening to 30/20/10 after Matt J. left, so I missed that comment.

Thanks for the info!

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

Guy Mann posted:

The new Talking Simpsons feed is from them making a clean break from the LT site after Chris Antista's implosion and subsequent radio silence.

I like Antista more than Dave, Henry, and Brett although I have been warming up to Gilbert slowly as I listen to more Gilbert content (mostly What A Cartoon! right now). Chris is a cool dude and charismatic but he desperately needs more than 1 guest on his casts. Losing Brett and Dave really hurt the shows. Maybe this'll pass, and Laser Time and 302010 will get good again but I've listened to every episode since it's debut and only lately have I been skipping and aborting episodes.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
Why the split. was there drama

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Evil Agita posted:

Why the split. was there drama

Nobody has said anything publicly so all we have is "Chris moved in a hurry and everyone is scooting away from the cartoon smoke cloud he left inch by inch".

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

khwarezm posted:

What was that again?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TebCHHCw9rY

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
have a bodacious bday, Bob

https://twitter.com/bobservo/status/993510019655127041?s=21

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Thank you, I'm celebrating by recording more episodes of Talking Futurama today.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Thanks for the link, lead down an Hbomberguy analysis rabbit hole

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
So I'm gonna ask in here since it's the most likely place someone will know: anyone taken a dip on the Cartoons 101 Patreon and is the bonus show on there solid? I've had a huge itching to rewatch Eva lately and that's pushing me towards it.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

jeez how many episodes of laser time did antista get out of Bob and Henry before he hosed off? both are apparently on the latest episode he put out

Popoi
Jul 23, 2000

This week, I learned that Josh Weinstein and J Elvis Weinstein* are two different people. Thanks, podcasts!

*the J is for Josh

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I loving love this podcast.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

glad matthew got onto a TS episode, i hadn't heard of him before he showed up on WAC and talking futurama but he's a good third, got a lot of cartoon knowledge and i like that he's closer to my age instead of a mid 30s grandpa since alot of talking about cartoons can revolve around what you were / weren't originally around.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Am I the only one who hears that in the What A Cartoon theme song Hot Dad doesn't pronounce the N at the end of the title aside from at the very end?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

new It's that Episode with MVP Seth Reiss!

plus the old episodes are back on itunes

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
"Driving around, listening to all the music...it was an exciting time, in a young man's life, discovering Cowboy Bebop."
I hope this is the designated What a Cartoon! thread as well, because holy poo poo did I relate to that moment this week. I laughed quite a bit at the references to/clipped discussion of Wolf's Rain (A show I was aware of, with the pedigree, but said "I don't think so" at the time.)

(Talking Simpsons, meanwhile, remains a great drat show that reminds me on a weekly basis of how much I love the drat Simpsons. Really enjoyed the animation history sidebar that brought up Ub Iwerks' multi-plane camera rig in discussion of the Chester J. Lampwick episode.)

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

I stuck with it for awhile, but I don't enjoy TS nearly as much anymore with the recent format changes (special guests on most episodes). Ruins the flow and cuts into the rapport for me, which is one of the things I loke best about Lt and Lt-adjacent podcasts.

What a Cartoon, conversely, still owns

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

but LT lost everyone except one guy

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Eh, sort of unrelated to the thread topic, ya know?

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

im just confused how TS losing one guy "Ruins the flow and cuts into the rapport" for you more than LT losing literally everyone other than that one guy

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

It... doesn't, and isn't what I said? I'm just talking about all the guest hosts, man

To explain it better: I love Bob and Hemry together. I like it when they're hanging woth friends like Kat or Matt too. It's the guest spots with people they've never previously met that feel weird to me.

Adept Nightingale fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Jun 2, 2018

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

Kly posted:

im just confused how TS losing one guy "Ruins the flow and cuts into the rapport" for you more than LT losing literally everyone other than that one guy

thats not how i read it

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Oh my bad i get it. WAC does the guest host thing too doesnt it? I like it but i also think bob and henry have enough rapport to make up for less with a guest

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
I like them having guests. Bob and Henry are almost too in sync sometimes and it can feel like a planned lecture more than a conversation. Having someone else in there breaks it up and makes it a little more spontaneous.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Human Tornada posted:

I like them having guests. Bob and Henry are almost too in sync sometimes and it can feel like a planned lecture more than a conversation. Having someone else in there breaks it up and makes it a little more spontaneous.

yea I don't think they're following a script or whatever but they're super in sync and similar enough that it can make even genuine conversation sound scripted. A guest helps keep them from entering some kinda nerd drift Pacific Rim style. It's a really weird thing but I'm glad I'm not the only one who's gotten that feel at times.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Did they schedule the run of Talking Futurama so that the last episode came on June 1 in case people were planning on cancelling their subscriptions after it was over?? :tinfoil:

That would have been pretty devious.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Did they schedule the run of Talking Futurama so that the last episode came on June 1 in case people were planning on cancelling their subscriptions after it was over?? :tinfoil:

I think devious is the wrong take. It's okay for podcasts to use business sense.

The real flaw in this podcast is that they didn't do Kentucky Nightmare as their Space Ghost episode. I wanted to listen to a massive derail over "up the chain!".

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

It actually just happened to work out like that. We didn't lose people in the break between Talking Critic and Talking Futurama, and we still have tons of bonus content before the next mini-series, so I think we'll be fine.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Weird question:

Does anyone know the episode of the best show in 2010 where Henry called in and got dunked on by Tom? It got referenced in a Talking Simpsons episode (hopefully recent but Ive been randomly jumping around the archive).

I found when Bob did since its on his youtube.

It feels weird to know that I heard both of them years before discovering any of their content.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Hell yeah, special guest KC Green this week! I didn't read the episode description beforehand so that was a nice surprise.

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The real flaw in this podcast is that they didn't do Kentucky Nightmare as their Space Ghost episode. I wanted to listen to a massive derail over "up the chain!".

One of my favorite bits during the repurposed Willie Nelson interview in Baffler Meal was Space Ghost saying "Up the chain, Willie," matter of factly.

HenereyG
May 6, 2018

Billy Gnosis posted:

Weird question:

Does anyone know the episode of the best show in 2010 where Henry called in and got dunked on by Tom? It got referenced in a Talking Simpsons episode

Not sure which call in I referenced. The 2010 one was in the last hour of the classic Four Loko Holiday Party of 2010 https://wfmu.org/archiveplayer/?show=38443&archive=65627&starttime= And if you want to hear my most recent call, it was when Tom was in an extra bad mood post-NYCC two years ago: http://thebestshow.libsyn.com/tom-has-a-cold-comic-con-tom-steals I’m in the first hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

HenereyG posted:

Not sure which call in I referenced. The 2010 one was in the last hour of the classic Four Loko Holiday Party of 2010 https://wfmu.org/archiveplayer/?show=38443&archive=65627&starttime= And if you want to hear my most recent call, it was when Tom was in an extra bad mood post-NYCC two years ago: http://thebestshow.libsyn.com/tom-has-a-cold-comic-con-tom-steals I’m in the first hour

One of us
One of us
One of us

Do we have Matt on here too?