Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

LesterGroans posted:

If they kill Mothra, I swear.... I'll sing the dang fairy song.

It's gotta be Rodan, he's the least popular of the three and therefor the most likely jobber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

wdarkk posted:

It's gotta be Rodan, he's the least popular of the three and therefor the most likely jobber.

I’m just glad it’s not going to be my bro Anguirus getting owned early on.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

wdarkk posted:

If Mothra, not Rodan bites it, I'll record myself singing King Caesar's ballad.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m just glad it’s not going to be my bro Anguirus getting owned early on.

Noodle boy and i just became best friends.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Warner Bros wasn't man enough to get the rights for anguisaur or (insert your favorite b-list kaiju here)

Sinistral
Jan 2, 2013

Stairmaster posted:

Warner Bros wasn't man enough to get the rights for anguisaur or (insert your favorite b-list kaiju here)

Bring back Biollante you cowards!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

If dogora isn't in the monsterverse I'm gonna write legendary a strongly worded letter

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Still wonder if they have the balls for Mechagodzilla.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Mechagodzilla and MechaGigan vs MechaGidrah: Mech Harder.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

LesterGroans posted:

It's totally going to be Mothra, so we can continue the tradition of Mothra cheating her way to victory via countless respawns.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Suddenly I'm picturing a kaiju MOBA, with Mothra as the Anivia.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Suddenly I'm picturing a kaiju MOBA, with Mothra as the Anivia.

God drat it I need this now. Or another good Godzilla game. I never got to the play the PS4 one but apparently it wasn’t very good.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Even if they do, they'll never go to SuperMechagodzilla.

Nroo
Dec 31, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

Sad and pissed off that there's no chance they'll do Mystery Bones of Infant Island

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

LesterGroans posted:

Mothra exists to bonk into something, flap her wings to make a windstorm, catch on fire, and explode. Nearly always in that order. She's a phoenix, her dying is part of what she does.

Caterpillar Mothra (or two) then arrive to kick some rear end, completing the cycle. Sometimes they become a new Mothra by the end of the movie.

VV That too.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 10, 2018

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
mothra exists for me to go "ooooo cute" every time she appears on screen

even larval mothra is cute

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

God drat it I need this now. Or another good Godzilla game. I never got to the play the PS4 one but apparently it wasn’t very good.

It's not as bad as people make it sound. It's a mega simple game is probably the main issue (that doesn't mean easy). You go around with your kaiju of choice wrecking city areas, with your targets being these power generators strewn around. Sometimes other monsters show up to give you a bad time. There's a TON of unlockable content, from other monsters to new moves(you can even unlock the safety dance taunt!) to even models to pose into a virtual diorama mode. It definitely could use a local multiplayer mode, but oh well. Again, it's very basic, and i think that turns a lot of reviewers off.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Legendary universe Jet Jaguar.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Vintersorg posted:

Bryan Cranston is brought back to life as a cyborg

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

"Say my name."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-CvNxRs5Zs
"You're goddamn right"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The focus groups have insisted on a romantic subplot, Godzilla now has a love interest.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The focus groups have insisted on a romantic subplot, Godzilla now has a love interest.

i heard king ghidorah gives 3x better head than the other kaiju.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vintersorg posted:

Only if he gets his Unleashed theme song.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

wdarkk posted:

I heard that Rodan got a spinoff TV series already

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Found the poster, this is gonna be awesome

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm trying to get my friend into more Godzilla movies. He likes Legendary Godzilla but j want him to watch some more rubber suit Goji movies. Would selling him on a double feature of Godzilla against Mechagodzilla and Tokyo SOS be a good bet?

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Arcsquad12 posted:

I'm trying to get my friend into more Godzilla movies. He likes Legendary Godzilla but j want him to watch some more rubber suit Goji movies. Would selling him on a double feature of Godzilla against Mechagodzilla and Tokyo SOS be a good bet?

GxM and SOS are great, but they’re also fairly direct sequels to Gojira ‘54 and Mothra. (SOS is even a quasi-remake of Mothra vs. Godzilla.)

You lose a lot without the 60’s context. Like, the big joke in GxM is that the protagonist is a MASER Tank pilot who’s spent decades fighting low-level Gargantuas and stuff.

I’d actually recommend Space Amoeba as a starting point, even though Godzilla himself doesn’t appear. It’s one of the few Toho kaiju films without any referentiality or other franchise baggage, and it’s also very sincere in its goofiness.

Besides Shin, every Godzilla film assumes you’ve at least familiar with Gojira ‘54. Like, as a contrast to Space Amoeba’s stand-alone nature, one of Space Amoeba’s creatures has a cameo appearance in GxM.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

I saw the Gigan movie last night. A lot of poo poo that doesn't make sense that leads up to a pretty satisfying final showdown. I think Gigan is one of my favorite kaiju just for how brutal and weird looking he is. I don't understand how he flies though.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

The Golden Gael posted:

I don't understand how he flies though.

Who cares Godzilla decides he can fly using his atomic breath and shaping himself like a shrimp. Irrelevant.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Godzilla slides around on the ground by rearing up on his tail and just takes off in a given direction. It's not like how they move around makes any sense.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Final Wars rules, that's all I have to say. I got to see it in a theater no less, masterful stuff. Just catching up on the thread. The Ready Player One thing somebody said, that's just messed up. Man Ready Player One was dull.

I can dig that everybody digs different stuff, I myself find several Godzilla movies boring/bad. But I think the reason people hate on Final Wars so repetitiously over the years, is ultimately, because it's doing something very different, which you'll like or not like. I liked that positive in depth review of it from a few months back, indeed it's a greatest hits of a lot of things, and I love Ryuhei Kitamura's movies like Versus, so to me it fit very well with another thing I love, Godzilla. One of my favorite movies.

GMK is my other top fav, and that also is very different. But I can see why it's less controversial among G-fans, do to the pace and style of it, and being by our Gamera guy.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
I feel like GMK would have been better if they'd used the monsters the guy wanted, and with some better CGI/compositing, but it was pretty drat good otherwise.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I would agree, but I fear by complementing Varan I might suffer the same curse he clearly does, and like be reduced to a static puppet or something.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Godzilla's browser history becomes sentient and bent on being the only G in town.

Swipe right on action! summer 2021!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Xguard86 posted:

Godzilla's browser history becomes sentient and bent on being the only G in town.

Swipe right on action! summer 2021!

And I thought it was already getting weird when I suggested giving Godzilla a love interest.

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Godzilla slides around on the ground by rearing up on his tail and just takes off in a given direction. It's not like how they move around makes any sense.

Inverse farts.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And I thought it was already getting weird when I suggested giving Godzilla a love interest.

It would certainly help explain where the gently caress Godzilla Jr came from, for more salt wounding just say it was a female 1998 Godzilla.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

That's what all female Godzillas look like :smug:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Godzilla Jrs mom was rodan

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
HIS MOMMY WAS A SLUT-LIZARD AND HIS DADDY WAS A SUGGESTIVELY-SHAPED PILE OF NUCLEAR WASTE

FIN FANG FOOM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DoctorWhat posted:

HIS MOMMY WAS A SLUT-LIZARD AND HIS DADDY WAS A SUGGESTIVELY-SHAPED PILE OF NUCLEAR WASTE

FIN FANG FOOM!

AT LEAST FIN FANG FOOM HAS THE DECENCY TO COVER HIS SHAME UNLIKE THE IMMORAL GODZILLA!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!