Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Hahaha is that Todd hiding his face?
God I love that stupid gimmick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Nathalie is looking so radiant, she has come so far within a year. :3:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Harris hair bomber guy

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.

Who's who here? I can recognize Contrapoints, Foldable human, Hbomerguy looking unsettlingly like Gollum, Jenny Nicholson, Lindsay Ellis and Nuemann.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Goddamn, Todd is really dedicated to never showing his face ever.

khwarezm posted:

Who's who here? I can recognize Contrapoints, Foldable human, Hbomerguy looking unsettlingly like Gollum, Jenny Nicholson, Lindsay Ellis and Nuemann.

I can pick out Dan, Contra, Lindsay, Hbomb, Elisa, Todd, Jenny, Kyle, and Rantasmo. The only two I can't place are the women on either side of Nuemann.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

khwarezm posted:

https://twitter.com/ElisaInTime/status/1005607426677182469

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

That’s Rantasmo behind Jenny Nicholson and next to Dan. I think that’s Lindsay’s co-producer Angelina M in front.

Agree that it’s remarkable how much happier and more centered Natalie Wynn/Contrapoints seems in every picture and video (and even on the twitter hellsite) compared to a year or two ago. It’s helped me to understand and appreciate at a human level what I knew on an intellectual level re: the reparative power and necessity of transition for those who are suffering.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hbomb rocking it in a bow tie and blue sweater vest in what is sure to be his most contrarian choice yet.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hbomb looks like that creepy elf from those breath min comercials.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

I recognized Dan, Lindsay, Hbomb, Natalie, and Jenny. I didn't recognize Todd and Kyle until I saw their names in that other tweet. Is Kyle growing his hair out?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Solitair posted:

I recognized Dan, Lindsay, Hbomb, Natalie, and Jenny. I didn't recognize Todd and Kyle until I saw their names in that other tweet. Is Kyle growing his hair out?

I honestly thought it was Brad in a wig at first...

Also AFAIK Todd keeps his face hidden for work reasons. He just values his privacy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

For all the garbage bullshit youtube and the internet in general generate, it’s very life-affirming to see that it can create real bonds of friendship and fellowship too. That’s how the culture war will be won. That gently caress sargon would never cross the Atlantic for a friend’s wedding, you know?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

Mokinokaro posted:

I honestly thought it was Brad in a wig at first...

Also AFAIK Todd keeps his face hidden for work reasons. He just values his privacy.

Yeah, I know, and it's working. I've seen the lower half of his face before from crossover videos and it still took me a while to make the connection.

Conal Cochran
Dec 2, 2013

Does anyone know what the event was? It seems awfully formal. Was this Lindsay Ellis's wedding or something?

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
Three Arrows, along with the voices of Shaun and Harvey the Bomberman, dunks on Black Pigeon Speaks for his continued stupidity and thinly veiled nazism apologia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbLzVZysFyM

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Conal Cochran posted:

Does anyone know what the event was? It seems awfully formal. Was this Lindsay Ellis's wedding or something?

Based on Lindsay's recent tweets about 3P Transformer Toy wedding toppers, yes.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

DoctorWhat posted:

Based on Lindsay's recent tweets about 3P Transformer Toy wedding toppers, yes.

I'm not clear on who she married though, if it was another YouTuber or a non-YouTube related guy. Either way, that's great!

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm not clear on who she married though

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
goddamn it, I wanted to make that joke first

KayTee
May 5, 2012

Whachoodoin?
Apologies for bringing the tone down again but EC has released a statement and christ it is pathetic.

https://becausegamesmatter.com/statement-regarding-harassment

quote:

Statement Regarding Harassment Allegations, 6/9/2018
About half a year ago one of our employees left Extra Credits. They later claimed that another employee had harassed them out of the company.

Extra Credits takes allegations of workplace harassment very seriously.

To verify the claim, Extra Credits hired an independent HR firm to investigate the matter, and was ready to abide by all findings, including firing anyone found responsible of committing misconduct.

The contracted HR firm assigned a female HR manager to lead the investigation. The HR investigator conducted interviews with Extra Credits staff members and reviewed written correspondence.

After investigating, the HR firm found no evidence of improprieties with regards to the claims of workplace harassment.

To ensure maximum employee protection, we asked the HR firm to provide a list of recommendations for the future. Extra Credits is currently implementing these recommendations.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

KayTee posted:

Apologies for bringing the tone down again but EC has released a statement and christ it is pathetic.

Uh...

Okay maybe I'm behind the times or something but isn't hiring a HR firm to investigate harassment allegations the exact right call to make?

Like that's a better decision than most of these stories have had where it's just covered up and ignored while the PR tries to divert public attention and maybe somebody is fired behind closed doors.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Uh...

Okay maybe I'm behind the times or something but isn't hiring a HR firm to investigate harassment allegations the exact right call to make?

Like that's a better decision than most of these stories have had where it's just covered up and ignored while the PR tries to divert public attention and maybe somebody is fired behind closed doors.

There is this response:

https://twitter.com/ExtraCreditz/status/1005643074171645953

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

business hammocks posted:

For all the garbage bullshit youtube and the internet in general generate, it’s very life-affirming to see that it can create real bonds of friendship and fellowship too. That’s how the culture war will be won. That gently caress sargon would never cross the Atlantic for a friend’s wedding, you know?

Sargon didn't even go an hour down the road to loving London when a bunch of his groupies took over a playground in his name and hung out there all day screaming at children. Of course he wouldn't.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

rudecyrus posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnEM5t5R1ok

Good Bad or Bad Bad checks out Sleepwalkers, a cheesy as hell horror film written by Stephen King and featuring an uncredited Mark Hamill.

They're right in that the first part of the movie is kind of good. It's suitably messed up. It's just hampered by bad effects and poor filmmaking.

So far I appreciate their choice in movies they've covered since they haven't done the same movies every other 'bad film podcast' usually does.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

look at all that loving soy face

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Lightning Knight posted:

I'm not clear on who she married though, if it was another YouTuber or a non-YouTube related guy. Either way, that's great!
P sure her partner is a non-online person and wishes to stay that way. Either way I'm glad she found love.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Zedd posted:

non-online person and wishes to stay that way.

AND smart too!

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Zedd posted:

P sure her partner is a non-online person and wishes to stay that way. Either way I'm glad she found love.

Oh nice. The reason I asked is because some of the pictures implied it was Dan and I was like wat.

Also wow Extra Credits being garbage surprises me a little bit but that response is some bullshit.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Wrageowrapper posted:

Three Arrows, along with the voices of Shaun and Harvey the Bomberman, dunks on Black Pigeon Speaks for his continued stupidity and thinly veiled nazism apologia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbLzVZysFyM

I appreciate the Arthur Schopenhauer quote because, not only is it true, it’s applicable to so much more than just nationalism. It fits basically any sort of group identity that a person can become fixated on, from race or gender to even something as trivial as being a gamer or a Star Wars fan. Whenever you see someone complaining about poseurs “ruining” their precious hobby, they’re likely doing so because they have nothing else in their lives worth taking any sort of pride in.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
just notice that todd is apparently a giant

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Lightning Knight posted:

Also wow Extra Credits being garbage surprises me a little bit but that response is some bullshit.

I understand how HR is actually there to protect the company, and not anyone who logs a complaint to it, but what is the correct response that needs to be done? They said they got a 3rd party in to investigate it. With the amount of times this keeps happening, is there a guide or set of rules they should be using, and did not?

I was watching Midnight's Edge explanation of why Solo bombed and out of nowhere he blames Marxism and Social Justice Warriors Putting Left Wing Politics In Movies. I think it gave me whiplash it came out of right field so hard. The guy goes into a lot of detail, but I always thought there was something sorta off with his opinions. Solo and Disney have issues, but I get the feeling he's running an agenda I didn't know about till now.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 10, 2018

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Utterly shocked that not a whole lot of people were interested in a han solo prequel movie

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Dude should probably be blaming capitalism for the diminishing returns on star wars now that there’s an endless procession of them.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Uh...

for comparison when a tiny roleplaying game podcast network called One Shot had someone close to them accused of some bad poo poo they also hired an outside firm to investigate. They, however, made a big public statement right away explaining what they were doing, that they took the claim seriously and believed the accuser, and walked everyone through the exact process being done. When the report came back that it was indeed a fake claim they posted the entire report, which had a detailed investigation and timeline and all, and posted a helpful summary to give a clear message of 'because it's been found that he literally wasn't even in the state during a couple of these accusations and there's zero communication found between them we're considering this closed'. It was 100% transparent from the start, making it clear if it was found true they'd have no issue taking direct action even though it sucks to find that about a friend. Every step of the process was public and available for everyone to see.

EC, however, just said 'we hired an HR contractor...A FEMALE HR person....She says it's ok, bye.'

Junpei Hyde posted:

Utterly shocked that not a whole lot of people were interested in a han solo prequel movie

I thought Solo was super fun but yea shockingly "HOW DID HAN GET HIS DICE" was not a big draw!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Yeah, Solo was fine right up until THe Leader of the Marauders explained why they want the starship fuel. And it's like. "Oh...were doing that huu?"

Also, wht the gently caress was Darth Maul doing in this film?

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

KayTee posted:

Uh, assuming everything written in their statement is not a lie, what could they have done better, or less pathetic

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

BigRed0427 posted:

Also, wht the gently caress was Darth Maul doing in this film?

i recognized it and i clapped.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Like, Solo is a good movie but it's also literally 6 months removed from the last Star Wars and is inherently kind of skippable because it elaborates a little, I guess, on a character who will not have much influence on any of the main films from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Junpei Hyde posted:

Like, Solo is a good movie

I mean, I guess it qualifies as a movie with a story and characters, but it's so inconsequential. It also clearly had several scenes added late in the process without getting another pass for narrative and tone. There were multiple clearly-intended-to-be-dramatic moments where either chuckled to myself or laughed out loud. The 4+ close-up shots of Han's dice were especially bizarre.

And the origin of Han's name scene just tarnishes the whole thing. It shouldn't have gotten past the concept stage, it makes so little sense.