Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

what a dork

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

coconono posted:

This is Vince McMahon tweeting on the wrong account. And you cannot convince me otherwise.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

coconono posted:

This is Vince McMahon tweeting on the wrong account. And you cannot convince me otherwise.

https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/1005653366414954496?s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

what a dork

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

He is right about one thing, it is punk these days to go on a random rant about someone online, according to my facebook feed these days

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

still nope. I cite Vince's chatlog from the time the channel netsplit and he gave us some classic poo poo posting.

https://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news/39373/Transcript-of-Vince-McMahons-Public-AOL-Chat-From-1998/

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

coconono posted:

That would indicate that Punk held Shane McMahon in his arms before Vince ever did so.... well, that doesn't actually negate your point at all I guess.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Jerusalem posted:

That would indicate that Punk held Shane McMahon in his arms before Vince ever did so.... well, that doesn't actually negate your point at all I guess.

Vince's love of throwing someone else's personal poo poo in the air for his own amusement is on display here. This is right up there with JR's rear end adventures on RAW.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

complaining about your "real friend" who held your son before you did publicly on twitter and then elaborating that this is Real Life is insanely pathetic and I feel bad for whatever put Corey Graves in a position where he felt like that was something good to do

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

it makes him come off really petty and im sure he was probably another guy stooging punk off like mercury did after punk helped him with a down payment on a house

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

He is right about one thing, it is punk these days to go on a random rant about someone online, according to my facebook feed these days

the first rule of "punk rock" is loyalty to your corporate employer

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I don't care at all about Punk, but Corey graves is a dumbass corporate bootlicker, gently caress him. Never in a million years would his cowardly rear end have the cajones to step into the octagon.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I respect Punk's MMA commitment more than I do WWE's to keep Corey on the payroll.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

graves taking a dive for punk is true friendship

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
What is graves even bitching about? IDGI. Is he mad that people were bummed that punk lost, or that they cared about punk at all? What does having dinner with a guy after he quit matter at all?

Like I've had dinner with a friend that left my work on less than great terms, and I never think "gently caress THAT GUY, HE IS DOING SOMETHING ELSE NOW, YEARS LATER".

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Graves seems cool and not weird at all about this tonight, inexplicably namedropping Kenny to some rando.

https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/1005675313727201280

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i told corey that he has smal hands and he told me i like kobashi/akiyama from grand voyage 2000

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Punk often sounds like he's a crummy dude to be friends with but having a public melt down about it won't help anyone.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Graves is a dumb, whiny, hypocritical corporate stooge

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I, for one, am shocked that Corey Graves is a bitch.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

why'd he bring up omega what the gently caress? this... this isn't a good look

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/1005660208847314944

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/1005713529473830912?s=20

Remember when people didn't have unhinged public breakdowns about everything?

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I have to assume that he's in some sort of drunken meltdown after seeing Punk get paid tons of money to be clowned on again.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Psychepath posted:

Graves seems cool and not weird at all about this tonight, inexplicably namedropping Kenny to some rando.

https://twitter.com/WWEGraves/status/1005675313727201280
reply is golden

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/1005685734366314496?s=21

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
“Punk Rock” is about working for the man & never giving up guaranteed money to chase personal goals.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i really hope corey graves took more offense to punk leaving wrestling than vince loving mcmahon did

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

tweet a video of punk's rear end, corey

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Forgive me for being obtuse, but why is Graves mad at Punk?

What did Punk do to Corey Graves that has sparked this outburst? Or is it a "I thought we were bestest friends, and you haven't spoken to me since we dont work together anymore" kind of thing?

Coz even with all the nit picking legalese was it/wasn't it staph, (it wasn't), and Punk himself being a prickly dickhead. Dude has just gone through a stressful lawsuit, and hell if he doesn't want top work for WWE he doesn't have to, and if he want's top get beaten up by actually competent MMA fighters then he is also allowed to do that.

Having a snarky twitter whinge at him now seems like kind of a bitch move. And I thought Corey Graves was better than that.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

https://twitter.com/RusevBUL/status/1005660208847314944

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Rusev as always is the best

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
It's easier than ever to have a go at Punk and not look like a dipshit, but somehow Corey found a way.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

BrigadierSensible posted:

Forgive me for being obtuse, but why is Graves mad at Punk?

What did Punk do to Corey Graves that has sparked this outburst? Or is it a "I thought we were bestest friends, and you haven't spoken to me since we dont work together anymore" kind of thing?

Coz even with all the nit picking legalese was it/wasn't it staph, (it wasn't), and Punk himself being a prickly dickhead. Dude has just gone through a stressful lawsuit, and hell if he doesn't want top work for WWE he doesn't have to, and if he want's top get beaten up by actually competent MMA fighters then he is also allowed to do that.

Having a snarky twitter whinge at him now seems like kind of a bitch move. And I thought Corey Graves was better than that.

Who knows what set him off. Maybe seeing Punk get his rear end beat just set him off because personal reasons? Maybe he felt it'd get him in Vince McMahon's good books? Perhaps Byron Saxton was watching a Kenny Omega match and listening to Art of Wrestling and Corey knows there's STILL a court that would convict him. Maybe he accidentally inhaled too much around McMahon and slowly his hair is going grey, he's sneezing and hating himself, and when he looks in the mirror he is turning into a Vince replicant.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Rusev is so loving great, goddamn

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Like, given it's come out that the WWE doctor was talking about Punk's medical issues on a loving whatsapp messenger with Chris Jericho and Dolph Ziggler can you really blame Punk that he doesn't keep in touch with these people any more?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Like, given it's come out that the WWE doctor was talking about Punk's medical issues on a loving whatsapp messenger with Chris Jericho and Dolph Ziggler can you really blame Punk that he doesn't keep in touch with these people any more?

Yes, because it's always been apparent that Punk had a Primadonna nature about him and was quick to throw people out of his life over the slightest infraction. Dude needs to chill by like... several loving notches from every report, he's way too full of himself, harsh on himself and in general high strung. There's a reason there's no "CM Punk was a chill dude" stories.

So yes, I can easily blame punk, if I thought we were friends, about him cutting me from his life and acting like a dick.

Clarification: I'm happy Punks left the WWE, it was a bad place for him and he looked miserable. I'm happy that he's apparently in a far better place than he was. That said, if you can't understand why you could blame someone for not even giving people the "Okay you hosed up, friends off" before cutting them from their life then you probably don't have anyone you really consider a friend.

And ultimately, again, we don't know why Corey is saying what he's saying, or if this friendship was real or just in Corey's head.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i've been hearing rumors about this for a while, and if you read between the lines of Corey's tweets, it's pretty obvious that Corey Graves is sterile and asked his friend Punk to be a sperm donor. that's why Punk held his baby before Graves did and that's why he's mad Punk walked out on him. because they're like a family, and Punk walked out on his biological child that he had with Graves's wife. the two were extremely close and Graves had a vasectomy very early in his adult life that was apparently not reversible. it's a sad story all around for all parties involved.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Ric Flair has died.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Fightful is reporting that the reason Graves had a meltdown was because Punk threatened to cut contact with anyone who didn't walk out of WWE with him at the time. So uhh...yeah that's a thing. Graves is a giant baby still, but Punk isn't much better to be fair. What I'm saying is all wrestlers are giant babies.

Remember, Punk walked out because he didn't want to leave the Royal Rumble match because he had a concussion. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

DarkstarIV posted:

Fightful is reporting that the reason Graves had a meltdown was because Punk threatened to cut contact with anyone who didn't walk out of WWE with him at the time. So uhh...yeah that's a thing. Graves is a giant baby still, but Punk isn't much better to be fair. What I'm saying is all wrestlers are giant babies.

Remember, Punk walked out because he didn't want to leave the Royal Rumble match because he had a concussion. :psyduck:

Punk is an insane narcissist who deserves to be broke.